Shopping for the cheapest Chicago Jeep Compass insurance quotes on the web might appear challenging for consumers that are not comfortable with quoting and buying insurance on the web. With such a large number of agents and companies in the marketplace, how can anyone be able to compare each option to find better prices?
A recent study showed that the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Many drivers in Illinois could save an average of $586 each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t invest the time required to compare rates and save money.
If you have car insurance now, you will be able to reduce the price you pay using the concepts covered in this article. Shopping for affordable car insurance in Chicago can be fairly easy. Although Illinois vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of how the larger insurance companies sell online and apply this information to your search.
Compare quotes for Chicago Jeep Compass insurance
There are several ways to compare rate quotes from different companies. By far the easiest way to find the lowest Jeep Compass rates is to perform an online rate comparison. When comparison shopping, more quotes helps you find a lower rate.
The companies in the list below can provide price quotes in Illinois. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Compass Sport 2WD||$178||$306||$268||$16||$80||$848||$71|
|Compass Sport 4WD||$224||$418||$352||$20||$106||$1,120||$93|
|Compass Limited 2WD||$158||$310||$340||$20||$102||$930||$78|
|Compass Limited 4WD||$142||$214||$342||$20||$102||$820||$68|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in Chicago location which can alter insurance rates considerably.
Policy deductible comparison
The diagram below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can influence Jeep Compass insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The premiums are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Cheap Chicago insurance rates with discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might already qualify for some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be requested specifically before you get the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Sign Online – Many insurance companies give back up to $50 shop Chicago car insurance over the internet.
- Chicago Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Auto/Life Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow data collection to track where and when they drive by using a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better insurance rates.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a defensive driving class is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with discount insurance rates in Illinois, click here to view.
Car insurance just makes sense
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Jeep Compass in Chicago, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost every bank will require that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Jeep at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for it.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your Jeep. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Jeep as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. As of last year, the average driver in Illinois is overpaying more than $830 a year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Compare rate quotes but work with a local neighborhood Chicago car insurance agent
Some people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheaper premium rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this quick form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents in Chicago who will return price quotes to get your business. There is no reason to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and work with a local agent. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking an insurer requires more thought than just the premium amount. Get answers to these questions too.
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Illinois?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Chicago?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Is coverage determined by price?
When searching for a good Chicago insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance agents are classified as either independent or exclusive.
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are highly trained on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following are exclusive agents in Chicago that can give you rate quotes.
- Peter Grande – State Farm Insurance Agent
1535 W Division St – Chicago, IL 60642 – (773) 270-4600 – View Map
- Greg King – State Farm Insurance Agent
5508 S Lake Park Ave – Chicago, IL 60637 – (773) 643-6200 – View Map
- Rhea Joyer – State Farm Insurance Agent
4911 N Lincoln Ave c – Chicago, IL 60625 – (773) 878-8883 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies and get the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you should always get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection. They often place coverage with smaller companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below are Chicago independent insurance agents who can help you get price quotes.
- Illinois Vehicle Auto Insurance
100 W. Randolph, Suite C14 – Chicago, IL 60601 – (312) 201-9111 – View Map
- Urban Insurance Agency
800 W Huron St #301 – Chicago, IL 60642 – (312) 664-8088 – View Map
- Talro Insurance Agency
4900 W Belmont Ave – Chicago, IL 60641 – (773) 205-8255 – View Map