Are you intimidated by the crazy number of auto insurance providers that you can choose from? Many other drivers are too. People have so many options that it can easily turn into a real hassle to find the best rates for Nissan cube insurance in Chicago. Everyone knows that Chicago is an excellent city in which to live, but expensive premiums for auto insurance can make it hard to buy full coverage.
Astonishng but true according to a recent study, the vast majority of auto insurance customers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,500, Illinois drivers could save 40% every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t want to compare rates online.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to get quotes from companies that offer car insurance in Illinois. The simplest method to find competitive insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison.
Just keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps you find the best rates. Not every company provides rate quotes online, so you also need to get quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Illinois. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cube S 2WD||$142||$232||$294||$18||$88||$774||$65|
|Cube SL 2WD||$198||$390||$316||$18||$94||$1,016||$85|
|Cube Krom 2WD||$136||$246||$266||$16||$80||$744||$62|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can lower or raise premium rates noticeably.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The illustration below illustrates how speeding tickets and accidents can raise Nissan cube premium costs for different insured age categories. Data assumes a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Cost of full coverage
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Nissan cube auto insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, $100 deductibles, married female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no set guideline of when to exclude physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Nissan cube replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing you more than $200 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Nissan cube insurance rates by age and gender
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Nissan cube car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Even though Chicago cube insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Nissan cube, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Nissan at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $810 a year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Earn discounts on Chicago auto insurance
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there may be some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many discounts should be triggered when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay less when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Membership in Organizations – Being a member of a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break when getting a Chicago car insurance quote.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Defensive Driver – Participating in a defensive driver course could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get a small discount on rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage can earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky. But all discounts will bring down your auto insurance premiums.
Companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including pay in full, switch companies, mature driver, distant student, bundle discounts, business and professional, and good student.
- Farm Bureau has savings for youthful driver, good student, driver training, 55 and retired, multi-policy, safe driver, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm discounts include good driver, multiple autos, good student, passive restraint, and accident-free.
- GEICO offers discounts including multi-policy, defensive driver, anti-theft, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO may include discounts for safe driver, multi-car, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, and anti-lock brakes.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for teen driver discount, new graduate, new move discount, newly retired, and exclusive group savings.
It’s a good idea to ask all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in Chicago.
Compare rates but buy from a local Chicago insurance agent
Some consumers just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Chicago that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to leave your house because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Is there a local claims center in Chicago?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
How to choose the best auto insurance agent in Chicago
If you are searching for a local Chicago insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Chicago agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Chicago who may provide you with price quotes.
- Bill Dillard – State Farm Insurance Agent
516 W Diversey Pkwy – Chicago, IL 60614 – (773) 549-2605 – View Map
- Angela Roudez – State Farm Insurance Agent
1505 S State St – Chicago, IL 60605 – (312) 663-1820 – View Map
- Grace Murray – State Farm Insurance Agent
7035 W Grand Ave – Chicago, IL 60707 – (708) 453-1771 – View Map
Agents of this type are not limited to a single company so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier and the insured can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many can place coverage with different regional companies who may have lower rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Chicago that can give you comparison quotes.
- Illinois Vehicle Auto Insurance
100 W. Randolph, Suite C14 – Chicago, IL 60601 – (312) 201-9111 – View Map
- Talro Insurance Agency
4900 W Belmont Ave – Chicago, IL 60641 – (773) 205-8255 – View Map
- Eagle Insurance Agency
3517 N Spaulding Ave – Chicago, IL 60618 – (773) 463-7576 – View Map
If you get good responses as well as offering an affordable quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that meets the requirements to adequately provide auto insurance.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Your needs are unique to you and your car insurance should be unique as well.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Illinois?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Quote more to save more
Lower-priced Nissan cube insurance in Chicago can be sourced both online as well as from independent agents in Chicago, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
We just showed you a lot of ways to save on Nissan cube insurance in Chicago. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Chicago car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest auto insurance rates come from a lesser-known regional company. These companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
Additional information can be found at the links below
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)