Do you get exhausted from trying to scrape together enough money to insure your Saab every month? You have the same problem as many other Illinois consumers.
It’s astonishing, but most drivers in Illinois have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could cut their rates by nearly $860 a year, but most undervalue the amount of money they would save if they changed companies. Because you have many options when it comes to car insurance, it can be challenging to find the best insurance company.
It is always a good idea to compare prices at least once a year due to the fact that insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you got the best rates on Saab 9-7X insurance in Chicago two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. There is too much inaccurate information about 9-7X insurance on the web, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some proven techniques to save money.
Finding a better price on auto insurance is an easy way to save money. All you need to do is invest a little time getting comparison quotes to find the company with affordable Chicago car insurance quotes.
Doing online quotes comparisons is so easy that it replaces the need to actually drive to local Chicago insurance agencies. Shopping for auto insurance online makes this process obsolete unless your situation requires the trained advice of a licensed agent. Although you can compare online quotes but buy the policy through an agent.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Illinois. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some providers do not list every policy discount very clearly, so the following list contains a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Chicago car insurance online.
- Smart Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Online Discount – A few insurance companies give back up to $50 shop Chicago car insurance online.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your home and auto policies and place coverage with the same company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Onboard Data Collection – Policyholders that allow their auto insurance company to spy on driving manner remotely such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
Remember that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount will reduce the cost of coverage.
Popular auto insurance companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- The Hartford offers discounts including anti-theft, driver training, good student, vehicle fuel type, and air bag.
- American Family may have discounts that include bundled insurance, accident-free, good driver, good student, air bags, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and good student.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for save driver, IntelliDrive, student away at school, driver training, hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-car, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for homeowner, distant student, alternative fuel, switch companies, youthful driver, and electronic funds transfer.
- USAA policyholders can earn discounts including new vehicle, multi-vehicle, military installation, family discount, annual mileage, and defensive driver.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for newly retired, new vehicle discount, new graduate, teen driver discount, newly married, and exclusive group savings.
Before buying, ask every insurance company how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts may not apply in Chicago. For a list of companies who offer online Saab 9-7X insurance quotes in Chicago, click this link.
Local neighborhood agents and auto insurance
Certain consumers would prefer to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Experienced insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. Buying from local insurance agencies is definitely important in Chicago.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Chicago who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, just search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Two types of Chicago auto insurance agents
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a good Chicago insurance agent, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agents in Chicago are considered either independent or exclusive. Both provide auto insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the difference between them because it can impact which agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you compare prices from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Chicago who may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
KSA Insurance Agency
7158 W Grand Ave – Chicago, IL 60707 – (773) 804-9000 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which can be an advantage.
The following are Chicago exclusive agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
Selecting an insurance agency should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
Do I need special coverages?
When selecting proper insurance coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- What is the minimum liability in Illinois?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Learn How to Buy Auto Insurance for Less
Many different elements are considered when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although others are less apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
Buy as much liability insurance as you can afford – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage if ever you are found liable for damages from an accident. It provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Women tend to take less risk – The statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Women and men are in at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but males have accidents that have higher claims. They also get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
Your age impacts your rates – Beginning drivers in Illinois tend to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Having to add a teenage driver onto your auto insurance can be quite pricey. More experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, are lower risk to insure, and usually have better credit.
Good drivers pay less – How you drive has a huge affect on how much you pay. Even one speeding ticket or other violation can bump up the cost by as much as twenty percent. Careful drivers have lower premiums than bad drivers. Drivers who have received careless tickets such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to complete a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
Prevent auto insurance policy lapses – Driving with no insurance can get your license suspended and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a revoked license or a big fine. You may then be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Illinois department of motor vehicles.
Here’s why car insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Saab 9-7X insurance, buying car insurance is required by state law in Illinois and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Saab 9-7X has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will force you to carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Saab at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects not only your Saab 9-7X but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $850 per year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Smart consumers save more
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to compare Saab 9-7X insurance prices in Chicago. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Chicago car insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Saab 9-7X rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Chicago can be purchased both online and with local Chicago insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced collision coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found at these sites:
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Chicago Car Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Single Moms in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)