How many years has it been since you compared the cheapest Toyota Sequoia insurance in Chicago? Do you get exhausted from scraping nickels together to keep your car insured? Your situation is no different than most other vehicle owners in Illinois.
Astonishng but true according to a recent study, the vast majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never even compared rates from other companies. Many consumers in Illinois could save 40% every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to shop around.
Many auto insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a company to find the lowest cost out there.
If you’re already insured, you should be able to get lower rates using this information. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Chicago is not rocket science. But Illinois drivers do need to know how big insurance companies price insurance differently and use this information to your advantage.
Affordable Chicago Toyota Sequoia insurance
Most major insurance companies give prices direct online. Comparing Toyota Sequoia insurance rates online is very simple as you just type in the coverages you want into a form. Once entered, the system sends out for your driving record and credit report and generates a price based on the data you entered. Quoting online for Toyota Sequoia insurance in Chicago makes comparing rates easy, and it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to get the most affordable premium.
If you want to compare rates using this form now, compare rates from the companies below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you input deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. This guarantees you will have comparison quotes for similar coverage.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Chicago, IL. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sequoia SR/5 2WD||$186||$274||$262||$16||$78||$816||$68|
|Sequoia SR/5 4WD||$136||$284||$340||$20||$102||$882||$74|
|Sequoia Limited 2WD||$282||$478||$262||$16||$78||$1,116||$93|
|Sequoia Limited 4WD||$178||$252||$342||$20||$102||$894||$75|
|Sequoia Platinum 2WD||$322||$550||$342||$20||$102||$1,336||$111|
|Sequoia Platinum 4WD||$200||$364||$266||$16||$80||$926||$77|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in specific garaging location which can impact price quotes greatly.
Rate comparison for different deductibles
The example below demonstrates how deductibles and can increase or decrease Toyota Sequoia insurance rates for each age group. The data assumes a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Protect your Toyota Sequoia and other assets
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Chicago, insuring your vehicle is required in Illinois but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Toyota Sequoia, most lenders will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Toyota at a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves your Toyota and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having car insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $810 a year so compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Affordable rates with discounts
Some companies don’t necessarily list the entire discount list very clearly, so the list below contains a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Sign Online – A handful of larger companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application over the internet.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a defensive driving course could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Sign Early and Save – Select larger companies give a discount for switching policies before your current Sequoia insurance policy expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Chicago auto insurance online.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to qualifying employment or professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Homeowners Savings – Just owning your own home can save you money because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear before the accident.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
The best car insurance companies and their possible discounts are:
- American Family offers discounts including bundled insurance, defensive driver, good student, accident-free, multi-vehicle, and mySafetyValet.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, good student, multi-policy, easy pay, accident-free, and defensive driving.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for claim-free, multi-policy, good driver, defensive driver, good student, and accident-free.
- 21st Century discounts include driver training, automatic seat belts, 55 and older, early bird, defensive driver, and air bags.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for electronic funds transfer, early shopping, business and professional, pay in full, alternative fuel, teen driver, and homeowner.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including FullPay discount, EZ pay plan discount, eSmart discount, farm vehicle, and new car.
When quoting, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in Chicago.
Auto insurance agents can help
Some people just prefer to go talk to an agent. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from local insurance agencies is still important in Chicago.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to you. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
If you want to use a local Chicago insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Chicago may be either exclusive or independent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to contact a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
Below are Chicago independent insurance agencies that may be able to give rate quotes.
Exclusive agents can only write with one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Chicago willing to provide price quotes.
Deciding on an insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Chicago should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Are they full-time agents?
- How long has their agency been in business in Chicago?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When selecting your policy, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different and your car insurance should unique, too.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Illinois minimum liability coverage?
- What is the minimum liability in Illinois?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Toyota Sequoia to commute?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
We just showed you many tips how you can reduce Toyota Sequoia insurance rates online in Chicago. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Chicago auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies. They can often provide lower auto insurance rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
As you quote Chicago auto insurance, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped full coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Much more information about car insurance in Illinois can be found at these links:
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)