If you’re looking for more affordable insurance, do you get frustrated by the wide range of car insurance providers available to you? Illinois consumers have so many providers to choose from that it is a ton of work to lower your prices for Volkswagen R32 insurance in Chicago. If you’ve ever been there, you know that Chicago is a wonderful place to live, but expensive car insurance premiums can make it hard for many drivers to afford enough coverage.
Statistics show that about 70% of customers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. The average driver in the United States could save themselves $850 a year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to save money by comparing rate quotes.
If you have insurance now, you will surely be able to find better prices using the ideas covered in this article. Shopping around for more affordable insurance coverage in Chicago is not as time-consuming as you think. But Illinois consumers must learn how insurance companies market on the web because rates are impacted by many factors.
Eight Tips to Get Cheaper Chicago Insurance Rates
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that are used to determine auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you better auto insurance rates. Many factors are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
The items below are some of the factors used by insurance companies to determine prices.
More performance means more cost – The make and model of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. The lowest premiums will normally be found when insuring small economy passenger cars, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price. Since the Volkswagen R32 is classified as a compact car, insuring your vehicle will cost the same to a little lower than the average rate where you live in Chicago.
Keep the miles off and save – The higher the miles on your Volkswagen in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most companies apply a rate based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. Verify your auto insurance policy states how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money. An incorrectly rated R32 can cost quite a bit.
Good credit equals lower prices – An insured’s credit score is a large factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Therefore, if your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your Volkswagen R32 by repairing your credit. Drivers who have excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with poor credit scores.
Cut premiums and deter theft – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
Defend yourself with liability protection – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you if ever you are ruled to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. It provides legal defense to defend your case. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Marriage pays dividends – Getting married may save some money on your auto insurance bill. Having a spouse usually means you are more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Lower rates with a multi-policy discount – Most companies give a discount to insureds who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount applied, it’s still a good idea to compare other Chicago R32 insurance rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Insurance claims cost money – Companies in Illinois award discounts to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing a wide range of rates helps you find more affordable insurance. Not every company allows you to get Chicago R32 insurance quotes online, so it’s recommended that you also compare price estimates on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Chicago, IL. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Volkswagen R32 in Chicago, paying for car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, the majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Volkswagen at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, car insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in Chicago overpays more than $850 per year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Lower rate quotes on Volkswagen R32 insurance in Chicago with these discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you can get discounts that you may not know about. Certain credits will be shown when you quote, but some need to be manually applied before being credited.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a new R32 can cost up to 25% less since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Full Payment Discount – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Memberships – Joining a qualifying organization may earn a discount on your next auto insurance statement.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% with a few auto insurance companies.
- Driver’s Ed – Teen drivers should successfully take a driver’s education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Volkswagen could qualify for better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will lower the premium cost.
The best auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm has savings for safe vehicle, multiple autos, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, and passive restraint.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, and online signing.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, and homeowner.
- MetLife includes discounts for claim-free, good student, defensive driver, accident-free, and good driver.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for youthful driver, renewal discount, multi-policy, safe driver, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-policy, good student, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, and military active duty.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include teen safety rewards, drive less, multi-car, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and bundle discounts.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Volkswagen R32 rate quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in your area. To find insurers with the best discounts in Illinois, click here to view.
Car insurance agents near you
Many drivers just want to get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A good thing about comparing rates online is that you can find cheaper car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
By using this simple form, the quote information is immediately sent to participating agents in Chicago who will gladly provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t even need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on a company needs to be determined by more than just the price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- If they are an independent agency in Chicago, which companies do they recommend?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Chicago?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from local Chicago agents, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents that you can select. Insurance agencies in Chicago may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Chicago that can give you rate quotes.
- Judith Gleason – State Farm Insurance Agent
2643 N Harlem Ave – Chicago, IL 60707 – (773) 637-8547 – View Map
- Jim Mays Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
4465 N Milwaukee Ave – Chicago, IL 60630 – (773) 282-1500 – View Map
- Glenda Tolentino-Moser – State Farm Insurance Agent
2015 W Montrose Ave – Chicago, IL 60618 – (773) 549-3300 – View Map
Agents in the independent channel often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Many write coverage with less well-known companies which may provide better rates.
Below are Chicago independent agents that can give you price quotes.
- Riehn Insurance
4541 N Lincoln Ave – Chicago, IL 60625 – (773) 561-4200 – View Map
- Northwest Insurance Network Inc
4450 N Western Ave – Chicago, IL 60625 – (773) 433-3300 – View Map
- ABI Insurance Agency
4806 N Milwaukee Ave – Chicago, IL 60630 – (773) 202-9666 – View Map
When to get professional advice
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if you will benefit from professional help.
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Illinois?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Insurance savings summarized
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim and even policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company can be easier than you think.
Cheap Volkswagen R32 insurance in Chicago can be purchased both online and also from your neighborhood Chicago agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. A few companies don’t offer rates over the internet and usually these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Car Insurance Rates for Good Students? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Chicago, IL? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)