Purchasing the lowest price Chicago Volkswagen Routan insurance quotes on the web is rather challenging for people not familiar with comparison shopping online. With such a large choice of companies, how can you be able to compare every one to find the best price?
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that most drivers in Illinois have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Consumers in the United States could save approximately $860 each year just by comparing rates, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare rates and save money.
Affordable companies for Volkswagen Routan insurance
The providers in the list below provide price comparisons in Illinois. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Routan S 2WD||$160||$260||$268||$16||$80||$784||$65|
|Routan SE 2WD||$138||$246||$268||$16||$80||$748||$62|
|Routan SEL 2WD||$218||$468||$232||$14||$70||$1,002||$84|
|Routan SEL Premium 6 Cyl 2WD||$188||$298||$228||$14||$68||$796||$66|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in specific location information which can increase or decrease coverage rates substantially.
Auto insurance deductibles
The illustration below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can affect Volkswagen Routan insurance costs for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
How careless driving impacts auto insurance rates
The information below shows how traffic citations and accident claims impact Volkswagen Routan auto insurance costs for different insured age categories. Data assumes a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Volkswagen Routan liability-only versus full coverage
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Volkswagen Routan insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Illinois. The premiums are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to buy liability coverage only
There isn’t a steadfast formula of when to exclude physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Volkswagen Routan claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $600 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not remove full coverage.
Lower rates by qualifying for these ten discounts
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there’s a good chance there are discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain credits will be shown when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Senior Citizens – Seniors may be able to get a small discount on rates.
- Early Switch Discount – A few larger companies offer discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current Routan insurance policy expiring. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save you some money since newer models have better safety ratings.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- Telematics Data – People who choose to allow driving data collection to look at their driving habits by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Own a Home – Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying a policy with multiple vehicles on the same insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will lower the cost of coverage.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for switch companies, homeowner, alternative fuel, pay in full, multi-car, electronic funds transfer, and business and professional.
- Esurance offers discounts including good student, emergency road assistance, paid-in-full, safety device, and online quote.
- State Farm offers discounts for driver’s education, student away at school, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and anti-theft.
- GEICO discounts include membership and employees, five-year accident-free, good student, multi-policy, and daytime running lights.
- Allstate may include discounts for early signing, good student, auto/life discount, utility vehicle, premier plus, and new car.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be offered everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer free Volkswagen Routan insurance quotes in Chicago, follow this link.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions can help discover if you could use an agent’s help.
- What are the best liability limits?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Are auto insurance agents of importance?
Many drivers still prefer to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Chicago who will give competitive quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. You’ll get the best rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting a company should include more criteria than just a low price. A good agent in Chicago will have answers to these questions.
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- How long has their agency been open in Chicago?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
If you want to use a good insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents from which to choose. Agents are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are usually well trained on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand and solid financial strength.
Shown below are Chicago exclusive agents that can give you price quote information.
- Judith Gleason – State Farm Insurance Agent
2643 N Harlem Ave – Chicago, IL 60707 – (773) 637-8547 – View Map
- Angela Roudez – State Farm Insurance Agent
1505 S State St – Chicago, IL 60605 – (312) 663-1820 – View Map
- Rhea Joyer – State Farm Insurance Agent
4911 N Lincoln Ave c – Chicago, IL 60625 – (773) 878-8883 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you absolutely need to get quotes from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most can insure with smaller mutual companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Chicago willing to provide price quotes.
- Riehn Insurance
4541 N Lincoln Ave – Chicago, IL 60625 – (773) 561-4200 – View Map
- Lincoln Auto Insurance
855 W Washington Blvd – Chicago, IL 60607 – (312) 666-8800 – View Map
- Beyer Insurance Agency
35 E Upper Wacker Dr #1730 – Chicago, IL 60601 – (312) 922-5300 – View Map
If you get answers to your satisfaction and an acceptable price quote, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that can be relied on to insure your vehicles.
Learn about insurance coverages for a Volkswagen Routan
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Illinois limits are 20/40/15), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as hitting a deer, vandalism, theft and damage from getting keyed. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This coverage pays for damage to your Routan resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a building, rolling your car and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Routan to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for bills such as doctor visits, ambulance fees, rehabilitation expenses, dental work and surgery. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property in an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 20/40/15 that means you have $20,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $15,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as bail bonds, medical services and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Illinois state law requires minimum liability limits of 20/40/15 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
Affordable coverage is out there
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, delays in responding to claim requests, high rates after DUI convictions and denial of a claim. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies can be less work than you think.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
Cost effective Volkswagen Routan insurance can be purchased on the web and also from your neighborhood Chicago agents, so get free Chicago car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies don’t offer online price quotes and these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
To learn more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How Much is Chicago Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)