Finding cheaper insurance for your Chrysler Pacifica in Illinois can turn out to be difficult, but you can learn the following methods and make it easy.
There are more efficient ways to compare insurance rates and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages on a Chrysler and find the lowest possible price from both online companies and Chicago agents.
The best way to compare car insurance rates for Chrysler Pacifica insurance in Chicago is to realize car insurance companies pay for the opportunity to compare their rates. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give the companies some data such as how old drivers are, what you do for a living, whether you drive to work or school, and if you are currently licensed. Those rating factors is instantly sent to multiple different insurance companies and they return rate quotes immediately.
To start a quote now, click here and complete the form.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Chicago, IL. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Three good reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chrysler Pacifica in Chicago, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Pacifica has a lien holder, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Chrysler at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects not only your Chrysler but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $825 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
You Can Change Your Insurance Prices
Many factors are used when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility. An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to big savings.
Annual miles impacts rates – The more miles you rack up on your Chrysler in a year the more it will cost to insure it. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles receive better premium rates than those that get driven frequently. An improperly rated Pacifica is throwing money out the window. It’s a smart idea to ensure your declarations sheet properly reflects the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Uninterrupted coverage lowers insurance rates – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a fast way to increase your renewal premiums. And not only will your rates increase, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines or a revoked license. You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Illinois motor vehicle department.
Occupation impacts premiums – Jobs like military personnel, social workers and dentists have higher rates than the rest of us attributed to intense work-related stress and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, professions such as scientists, engineers and homemakers pay the least.
Are you male or female? – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Both sexes are responsible for at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Male drivers age 16 to 19 generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore pay the highest rates.
Single drivers may pay higher costs – Walking down the aisle may save some money on your policy. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Multiple policies with one company – Lots of insurers provide lower prices to people that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, you still need to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Drivers may still save money by buying from different companies
The type of car makes a difference – The performance of the vehicle you are insuring makes a big difference in determining your rates. Because the Chrysler Pacifica falls in the crossover class, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more than the average rate where you live in Chicago. The lowest performance passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Companies offer many discounts on Chrysler Pacifica insurance in Chicago
Some companies do not list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Early Switch Discount – A few larger companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current Pacifica insurance policy. You could save around 10% when you buy Chicago car insurance online.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Insuring more than one vehicle on the same car insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Homeowners Savings – Just being a homeowner may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new Pacifica may earn a small discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction with select insurance companies.
As is typical with insurance, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky. But any discount will bring down your premiums.
A list of car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for business and professional, electronic funds transfer, bundle discounts, distant student, and homeowner.
- State Farm offers discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, accident-free, anti-theft, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for hybrid vehicle, multi-policy, teen driver discount, safety features, and new move discount.
- MetLife may include discounts for claim-free, defensive driver, accident-free, good driver, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in Chicago. If you would like to view insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Illinois, click here to view.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Good insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is you can get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local agencies is especially important in Chicago.
Once you complete this short form, your information is emailed to participating agents in Chicago who will give you bids for your coverage. You won’t need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Below are Chicago auto insurance companies that are able to give price quotes for Chrysler Pacifica insurance in Chicago.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
8549 S Cicero Ave – Chicago, IL 60652 – (773) 582-2886 – View Map
- Neal Gallo – State Farm Insurance Agent
6666 N Western Ave – Chicago, IL 60645 – (773) 743-6565 – View Map
- Active Insurance Agency – Auto Insurance
1034 N Ashland Ave – Chicago, IL 60622 – (773) 286-3473 – View Map
- Glenda Tolentino-Moser – State Farm Insurance Agent
2015 W Montrose Ave – Chicago, IL 60618 – (773) 549-3300 – View Map
Choosing the best insurer needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
Persistence is the key to affordable rates
Lower-priced car insurance in Chicago is possible from both online companies and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not offer price quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers only sell through independent agencies.
When you buy Chicago car insurance online, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
You just learned many ideas to lower your Chrysler Pacifica insurance premium rates in Chicago. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Chicago car insurance, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Chicago car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Much more information about car insurance in Illinois can be found at these links:
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for High Risk Drivers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Chicago Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)