Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for more affordable Chrysler Sebring insurance in Chicago? Paying for overpriced Chrysler Sebring insurance in Chicago can bottom out your budget and force you to make tough financial choices.
Astonishing but true, a large majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers could save almost 46.5% every year, but they underestimate how much savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. Due to the large number of choices for buying affordable insurance for a Chrysler Sebring in Chicago, it is very difficult to find the best car insurance provider.
Best Chrysler Sebring insurance rates in Illinois
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Chicago, IL. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sebring Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$230||$400||$342||$20||$102||$1,094||$91|
|Sebring Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$108||$260||$294||$18||$88||$768||$64|
|Sebring LX 2-Dr Convertible||$110||$214||$250||$14||$76||$664||$55|
|Sebring Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$142||$268||$246||$14||$74||$744||$62|
|Sebring Limited 2-Dr Convertible||$154||$334||$316||$18||$94||$916||$76|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle location which can influence coverage rates substantially.
The illustration below demonstrates how deductibles and can impact Chrysler Sebring insurance premiums for different age categories. The rates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Comparison of auto insurance rates by gender and age
The example below shows the difference between Chrysler Sebring car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no violations or accidents, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Learn How to Get Auto Insurance Cheaper
Multiple criteria are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but others are less obvious like where you live or your financial responsibility. The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that are used to determine the price you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that may reward you with lower premium levels.
Driving citations increase rates – Having a clean driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Careful drivers get better prices than bad drivers. Getting just one moving violation may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have received flagrant violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
Drive less and get lower costs – The more you drive every year the higher your rate. A lot of insurance companies charge rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that are left in the garage get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. Improper usage on your Sebring may be costing you. Verify your auto insurance policy is showing how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money.
Do thieves like your car? – Selecting a car model with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Advanced theft deterrents such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
Type of vehicle determines base costs – The performance of the vehicle you own makes a big difference in your premium level. Since the Chrysler Sebring is considered a passenger car, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower as compared to the average rate in Chicago. Lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles normally have pretty low rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Slash your car insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list all available discounts very well, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Chicago auto insurance online.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Paperless Signup – Some of the larger companies will give a small break for signing up on the web.
- Professional Memberships – Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount on car insurance.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Chicago auto insurance quote.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
You should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, accident-free, student away at school, driver’s education, good student, defensive driving training, and multiple policy.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for good student, distant student, early shopping, switch companies, bundle discounts, teen driver, and youthful driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online signing.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-policy, emergency military deployment, driver training, federal employee, anti-theft, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include teen driver, safe vehicle, good student, student away at school, and anti-theft.
- The Hartford has discounts for air bag, vehicle fuel type, good student, driver training, bundle, defensive driver, and anti-theft.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including driver training, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, good student, multi-policy, and safe driver.
- USAA has savings for safe driver, multi-vehicle, military installation, multi-policy, and driver training.
If you are trying to find affordable Chicago auto insurance quotes, ask each company to give you their best rates. Savings might not be offered on policies in Chicago. To see car insurance companies who offer discounts in Chicago, click here to view.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agents
Some people still like to talk to a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Licensed agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Chicago.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Two types of Chicago auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from an insurance agent, there are two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Chicago are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it is a good idea to know how they differ because it can factor into buying decisions.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent are not restricted to one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
When comparing auto insurance rates, we recommend you get quotes from several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below are Chicago independent agents who may provide price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company such as State Farm or Allstate. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below are Chicago exclusive agents who can help you get price quote information.
Greg King – State Farm Insurance Agent
5508 S Lake Park Ave – Chicago, IL 60637 – (773) 643-6200 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Before buying a policy in Chicago, get answers to these questions.
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Chicago?
After talking to the agent and getting good feedback to these questions as well as low cost Chrysler Sebring insurance quotes, it’s a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to insure your vehicles. But remember, you are entitled to terminate coverage for any reason so never feel that you are obligated to any specific company with no way out.
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
When quoting and comparing the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s situation is unique and your insurance should unique, too.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Lower rates by being persistent
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced collision coverage and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
We just presented many tips how you can compare Chrysler Sebring insurance rates in Chicago. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a small local company. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
More detailed car insurance information can be found in the articles below:
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chicago Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)