Do you want an efficient way to compare more affordable Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Chicago? Searching for cheaper Chicago Chevy TrailBlazer insurance quotes over the internet can seem to be impossible for drivers who are beginners to quoting and comparing rates and buying auto insurance on the internet. With so many agents and companies, how are drivers expected to even start to compare every company to locate the best price?
Shockingly, most auto insurance buyers in Illinois kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never compared quotes from other companies. American drivers could save an average of about $860 each year just by comparing rates, but most just don’t grasp how much they could save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Smart consumers take time to get comparison quotes before your policy renews because insurance prices tend to go up over time. If you had the lowest price on Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Chicago at your last renewal there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. There is a lot of bad advice regarding TrailBlazer insurance out there, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some great ways to reduce your auto insurance bill.
Quoting the lowest-priced car insurance coverage in Chicago is actually quite simple. Basically, every driver who is looking for a better price on car insurance should find a lower-cost policy. But Illinois car owners do need to know how companies price insurance differently and use it to your advantage.
Low-cost companies for Chevy TrailBlazer insurance
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Chicago, IL. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you compare several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Get cheaper rates by taking advantage of these ten discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be available discounts to cut the cost considerably. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you get a quote, but some must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children who live away from home at college and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new TrailBlazer can save up to 30% since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on the same car insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags could see savings of 20% or more.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Onboard Data Collection – Policyholders that allow their car insurance company to track where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices have a lower chance of being stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
A list of car insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- Travelers offers discounts for early quote, IntelliDrive, multi-car, multi-policy, home ownership, hybrid/electric vehicle, and new car.
- 21st Century includes discounts for automatic seat belts, student driver, theft prevention, early bird, anti-lock brakes, driver training, and 55 and older.
- State Farm has savings for anti-theft, accident-free, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, driver’s education, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for seat belt use, five-year accident-free, military active duty, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, teen safe driver, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, and anti-theft.
- AAA offers discounts including good student, multi-car, education and occupation, pay-in-full, and good driver.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your state. If you would like to see a list of companies who offer car insurance discounts in Chicago, click here to view.
Compare prices but buy from a local Chicago insurance agency
A small number of people prefer to talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheaper auto insurance rates and still have a local agent. And buying from local agencies is especially important in Chicago.
After completing this short form, your information gets sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to your email. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. If you wish to get a rate quote from one company in particular, feel free to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Two types of Chicago auto insurance agents
If you want a reliable insurance agent, you should know the different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agents in Chicago are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent agents do not have single company limitations and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, we recommend you compare prices from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with companies you’ve never heard of that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following are Chicago independent agents that can give you free price quotes.
- Amigo Insurance Agency
5902 W Fullerton Ave – Chicago, IL 60639 – (877) 999-2644 – View Map
- Serpe Insurance Agency
2538 N Lincoln Ave – Chicago, IL 60614 – (773) 871-0808 – View Map
- AArdvark Insurance Agency
1228 W Wilson Ave – Chicago, IL 60640 – (773) 961-8781 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently use the same agent mostly because of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are Chicago exclusive agencies that can give you price quotes.
- Jim Mays Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
4465 N Milwaukee Ave – Chicago, IL 60630 – (773) 282-1500 – View Map
- Jim Tom – State Farm Insurance Agent
4317 N Lincoln Ave – Chicago, IL 60618 – (773) 477-3300 – View Map
- Grace Murray – State Farm Insurance Agent
7035 W Grand Ave – Chicago, IL 60707 – (708) 453-1771 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agency should depend on more than just a low price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Chicago?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
Car insurance coverage considerations
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as vandalism, theft and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for immediate expenses such as nursing services, dental work and funeral costs. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Chevy TrailBlazer.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (20/40/15 in Illinois), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Usually the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your TrailBlazer caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things such as crashing into a building, hitting a mailbox, backing into a parked car and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your TrailBlazer to save money on collision insurance.
This coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property in an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 20/40/15 that means you have a $20,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $15,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for claims such as pain and suffering, court costs and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Illinois state law requires minimum liability limits of 20/40/15 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
Find affordable rates by being thorough
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Chicago. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
When searching for affordable Chicago car insurance quotes, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
Cheaper Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Chicago can be sourced from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller companies work with independent insurance agencies.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chicago Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)