Do you want an efficient way to compare more competitive Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Chicago? Think you have an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? Don’t feel bad because many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out.
It’s amazing but most car insurance policyholders have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and just under half have never compared rates from other carriers. Chicago insurance shoppers could save up to $586 a year, but most undervalue the benefits if they switched to a more affordable policy. With so many insurance companies to choose from that have affordable insurance for a Ford C-Max Hybrid in Chicago, it’s nearly impossible to pick the best insurer.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Chicago can be much easier if you know how to start. If you have coverage now, you will most likely be able to find the best rates using these tips. Consumers just have to understand the quickest way to compare company rates online.
How to get Chicago Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance price quotes
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Illinois. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Even though it can be expensive, auto insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Ford C-Max Hybrid with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Ford C-Max Hybrid and your personal assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your C-Max Hybrid are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in America is wasting up to $825 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Reduce your auto insurance rates with discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but some must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers could receive a small discount on rates.
- Government Employee Discount – Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your auto insurance provider.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Data Collection Discounts – People who choose to allow driving data submission to analyze driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might see lower rates if they are good drivers.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one isn’t a discount, but a few companies such as Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO permit an accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage can earn slightly better rates than normal.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and can earn a small discount on your policy.
Just know that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
Companies that may offer policyholders some of the discounts shown above are:
When getting free Chicago auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in your area. To locate insurance companies who offer cheap Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance quotes in Illinois, click this link.
Buying car insurance from Chicago car insurance agents
Some people would prefer to buy from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get the best rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents in Chicago who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurer should depend on more than just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- How long has their agency been in business in Chicago?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
Two types of car insurance agents
If you want to use a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents in Chicago are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both provide car insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the difference between them because it can influence buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Chicago that are able to give rate quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents often have many company appointments so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. When shopping rates, you will want to check rates from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Chicago who can help you get rate quotes.
W.A. George Insurance Agency
155 N Michigan Ave #300 – Chicago, IL 60601 – (312) 729-5265 – View Map
Car insurance can get complicated
When quoting and comparing your policy for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if you might need professional guidance.
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Cheap car insurance rates are available
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like denial of a claim, high prices, not issuing a premium refund or even being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is less work than it seems.
A few companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agencies. Affordable Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Chicago is attainable from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can find cheap Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Chicago. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get prices for, the higher your chance of finding affordable Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best price on car insurance is with an unexpected company.
More detailed car insurance information is available by following these links:
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 50 in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Felons in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)