Are you searching for more competitive Hyundai Equus insurance in Chicago? Being forced to pay for pricey car insurance premiums can deplete your bank account and force you to cut corners elsewhere. Shopping your coverage around is recommended to cut your insurance bill.
A recent car insurance study discovered that nearly 70% of drivers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Drivers in Illinois could save an average of $600 each year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to find cheaper rates by getting comparison quotes.
Lots of auto insurance companies contend to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies to find the lowest rate on Hyundai Equus insurance in Chicago.
Cheapest auto insurance in Chicago, IL
The following companies have been selected to offer price quotes in Illinois. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance rates and discounts
Insurance can be pricey, but there are discounts available to help bring down the price. A few discounts will be applied at quote time, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds that choose to allow companies to scrutinize driving manner through the use of a telematics system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Online Discount – Some larger companies give back up to $50 get Chicago auto insurance online.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Senior Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 could receive better insurance rates.
Don’t be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
If you would like to view companies that offer discounts in Chicago, follow this link.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions might point out if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
When to have guidance from an insurance agency
Many drivers still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a smart decision The best thing about comparing rates online is you may find cheap car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in Chicago.
After completing this short form, the coverage information is sent to agents in your area that give free quotes for your car insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to drive around since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You’ll get the best rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to compare rates from one company in particular, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Different types of auto insurance agents in Chicago
When finding a local Chicago insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they operate. Agents are either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not have single company limitations and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you need to get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Chicago that may be able to provide cheap rate quotes.
W.A. George Insurance Agency
155 N Michigan Ave #300 – Chicago, IL 60601 – (312) 729-5265 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Chicago willing to provide price quotes.
Glenda Tolentino-Moser – State Farm Insurance Agent
2015 W Montrose Ave – Chicago, IL 60618 – (773) 549-3300 – View Map
Picking an insurance agent should include more criteria than just a low price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Is there a local claims center in Chicago?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- How often do they review coverages?
The coverage is in the details
Knowing the specifics of your car insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, a broken windshield, damage from getting keyed and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout your car insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for expenses like surgery, nursing services and X-ray expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Equus resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as crashing into a building, hitting a parking meter, scraping a guard rail, driving through your garage door and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible on your Equus to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Hyundai Equus.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (20/40/15 in Illinois), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see policy limits of 20/40/15 which means $20,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $40,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $15,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers claims such as court costs, bail bonds, medical expenses, pain and suffering and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as much as you can afford. Illinois state minimum liability requirements are 20/40/15 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
Cover all your bases
People switch companies for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim or even policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
We covered a lot of ways to lower your Hyundai Equus insurance rates in Chicago. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with the smaller companies.
When buying insurance coverage, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an insured cut liability coverage limits and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
Additional detailed information can be read in these articles:
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- How Much is Chicago Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Chicago Car Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Car Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Santa Fe? (FAQ)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)