If you’ve never shopped for Chicago auto insurance quotes online, by this point your are probably bewildered due to the large number of insurers competing for your business.
It’s astonishing, but the vast majority of auto insurance customers have been with the same company for more than four years, and about 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,500, Chicago drivers could save as much as $590 a year, but they don’t want to take the time to do a rate comparison.
If you currently have auto insurance, you should be able to find better prices using the ideas you’re about to read. Our objective is to introduce you to how car insurance works. But Illinois consumers benefit from understanding the way insurance companies compete online and apply this information to your search.
Cheapest companies for Infiniti FX50 insurance in Illinois
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Illinois. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|FX50 AWD 4-Dr||$318||$522||$342||$20||$102||$1,304||$109|
|FX50 Sport AWD 4-Dr||$340||$694||$262||$16||$78||$1,390||$116|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in specific zip code location which can alter coverage rates considerably.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The example below highlights how speeding tickets and accidents can impact Infiniti FX50 auto insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The rates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Infiniti FX50 car insurance rates with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The rates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, married female driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no definitive formula of when to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Infiniti FX50 replacement cost is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $5,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying in excess of $500 annually for physical damage coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Age-based auto insurance rates by gender in Chicago
The chart below shows the comparison of Infiniti FX50 insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims or driving citations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
You may qualify for discounts for Infiniti FX50 insurance in Chicago
Some insurance providers don’t always publicize all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit could trigger a small discount.
- Onboard Data Collection – Policyholders that allow driving data submission to track where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Paperwork-free – Some of the larger companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Membership in Organizations – Joining a civic or occupational organization in Chicago is a good way to get lower rates when getting a Chicago auto insurance quote.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but companies like GEICO and Liberty Mutual permit an accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
Just know that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The best car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for good student, renewal discount, 55 and retired, driver training, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include safety features, new graduate, teen driver discount, hybrid vehicle, and new move discount.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driving training, accident-free, student away at school, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and driver’s education.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for safe vehicle, paperless, safe driver, good student, air bags, company car, and paid in full.
- GEICO may offer discounts for federal employee, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, defensive driver, and driver training.
- SAFECO has discounts for accident prevention training, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, drive less, and multi-car.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company which credits you are entitled to. Discounts might not apply in Chicago. For a list of companies who offer free Infiniti FX50 insurance quotes in Illinois, follow this link.
Neighborhood insurance agents
Many drivers prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find lower prices but also keep your business local. And supporting small agencies is especially important in Chicago.
Once you complete this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You’ll get the best rates without a big time investment. If you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When finding a reputable agency, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance agents are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel often have affiliation with several companies and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing auto insurance prices, you will want to check rates from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options. Many write coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which could offer lower prices.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Chicago who may be able to give you rate quotes.
- Skyline Insurance Agency, Inc.
2302 W Belmont Ave – Chicago, IL 60618 – (773) 525-7500 – View Map
- KSA Insurance Agency
7158 W Grand Ave – Chicago, IL 60707 – (773) 804-9000 – View Map
- American Auto Insurance
3201 N Harlem Ave #1 – Chicago, IL 60634 – (773) 286-3500 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Many people use the same exclusive agent partially due to the prominence of the brand rather than low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Chicago that can give you price quote information.
- John Kim – State Farm Insurance Agent
5700 N Lincoln Ave #209 – Chicago, IL 60659 – (773) 561-1700 – View Map
- Judith Gleason – State Farm Insurance Agent
2643 N Harlem Ave – Chicago, IL 60707 – (773) 637-8547 – View Map
- Bill Dillard – State Farm Insurance Agent
516 W Diversey Pkwy – Chicago, IL 60614 – (773) 549-2605 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Before buying a policy in Chicago, get answers to these questions.
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Illinois?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
Don’t be fooled by advertising claims
Auto insurance providers like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive consistently run television, radio, and online ads. They all seem to make the same claim about how much you will save if you move your auto insurance policy to them. But how can every company offer drivers better rates? This is how they do it.
Most companies give the best rates for the driver that will not have excessive claims. For example, this type of insured could possibly be between 25 and 40, carries full coverage, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. Any customer who meets those qualifications may get the lowest rates in Chicago as well as save money with a new company.
Drivers who don’t measure up to this ideal profile will have to pay more expensive rates and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The trick is to say “people who switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save that much. That’s the way companies can truthfully lure you into getting a quote.
Because of the profiling, you need to compare price quotes frequently. It is impossible to guess which auto insurance company will provide the lowest Infiniti FX50 insurance in Chicago.
Affordable car insurance rates are out there
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, delays in responding to claim requests, not issuing a premium refund or even lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
Low-cost Infiniti FX50 insurance in Chicago can be sourced on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not offer rate quotes online and these small, regional companies work with independent agencies.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Even more information can be found by following these links: