Do you get exhausted from robbing Peter to pay Paul to pay your auto insurance bill each month? You are in the same boat as most other drivers in Illinois.
A study showed that most consumers in Illinois kept buying from the same company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could pocket as much as $850 a year, but they just don’t understand how much money they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Because you have many companies and agents to choose from, it can be challenging to choose the most affordable insurance company.
Auto insurance providers offering affordable prices in Illinois
The companies shown below provide quotes in Chicago, IL. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|QX56 2WD 4-Dr||$134||$284||$274||$16||$82||$790||$66|
|QX56 AWD 4-Dr||$152||$284||$266||$16||$80||$798||$67|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in your specific Chicago location which can alter insurance rates considerably.
Auto insurance rates by gender and age
The chart below shows the comparison of Infiniti QX56 auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The information is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Impact of speeding/accidents on auto insurance rates
The example below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault claims increase Infiniti QX56 insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Auto insurance rates and discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Chicago car insurance online.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers can get better auto insurance rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few larger companies give discounts for switching companies early. You may see this discount when you get Chicago car insurance quotes online.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
- Driver Education Discount – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education as it can save substantially.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think you could get a free auto insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any amount of discount will cut the cost of coverage.
The best auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- American Family includes discounts for TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, good student, air bags, and Steer into Savings.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for multi-policy, family plan, easy pay, good student, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- MetLife may have discounts that include defensive driver, claim-free, multi-policy, accident-free, good driver, good student
- 21st Century may include discounts for homeowners, automatic seat belts, early bird, driver training, teen driver, 55 and older, and student driver.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include good student, early shopping, alternative fuel, mature driver, pay in full, and distant student.
- Allstate offers discounts including utility vehicle, FullPay discount, anti-lock brakes, EZ pay plan discount, good student, teenSMART discount, and senior citizen.
When quoting, ask every company the best way to save money. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state. To locate providers that offer many of these discounts in Illinois, follow this link.
Insurance agencies can help
Some people just want to talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get the best rates and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the coverage information is sent to participating agents in Chicago who will give you bids for your business. You won’t even need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered to you directly. Get lower rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to get a price quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an insurer should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Before buying a policy in Chicago, get answers to these questions.
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
Two types of auto insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a reliable insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Car insurance agents are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Chicago who may provide you with price quotes.
Sylvia Torres Underhill – State Farm Insurance Agent
2422 S Oakley Ave – Chicago, IL 60608 – (773) 376-1166 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and get the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you need to get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from.
Below are Chicago independent insurance agents who can help you get rate quotes.
Quote more and you will save more
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where someone dropped liability coverage limits only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Discount Infiniti QX56 insurance in Chicago can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Chicago, so you need to shop Chicago car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not provide online quoting and these smaller providers sell through independent agents.
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70 in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chicago Auto Insurance for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)