Are you sick of overpaying and want more competitive Jeep Wrangler insurance in Chicago? There isn’t anyone who looks forward to buying auto insurance, especially knowing they are paying too much.
It’s amazing but nearly 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Many drivers in the U.S. can save $860 each year just by shopping around, but they underestimate how much they could save if they just switched companies.
Due to the fact that there are so many companies and agents to choose from, it can be diffult for drivers to locate the lowest price auto insurance company.
The quickest method we recommend to get rate comparisons for Jeep Wrangler insurance in Chicago is to know car insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to compare rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is provide a small amount of information such as an estimate of your credit level, your education level, if you have a valid license, and how you use your vehicles. Your details is instantly sent to multiple different insurance companies and they return cost estimate very quickly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and complete the form.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Illinois. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$168||$256||$294||$18||$88||$824||$69|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2WD 4-Dr||$218||$322||$440||$26||$132||$1,138||$95|
|Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$98||$162||$268||$16||$80||$624||$52|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4WD 4-Dr||$108||$134||$342||$20||$102||$706||$59|
|Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$184||$256||$268||$16||$80||$804||$67|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$98||$116||$314||$18||$94||$640||$53|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$194||$256||$342||$20||$102||$914||$76|
|Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$160||$260||$316||$18||$94||$848||$71|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$174||$274||$368||$22||$110||$948||$79|
|Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 4-Dr||$196||$288||$368||$22||$110||$984||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in your specific Chicago location which can decrease or increase rates noticeably.
Impact of speeding/accidents on Chicago auto insurance rates
The illustration below shows how traffic citations and accidents increase Jeep Wrangler yearly insurance costs for different insured age categories. Data assumes a single female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Jeep Wrangler insurance, buying auto insurance is required in Illinois but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Jeep at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your Jeep and your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $820 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Jeep Wrangler Insurance Costs Can Be More Affordable
Lots of things are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but some are not as apparent such as your credit history or your commute time.
- Mature drivers save more – Drivers with little experience are statistically shown to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Adding a teen driver to your policy can really hurt. Older people are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and usually have better credit.
- Your spouse saves you money – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price on your auto insurance policy. Having a significant other usually means you are more financially stable and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married are more cautious.
- City dwellers may pay more – Choosing to live in areas with lower population has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. Drivers who live in large Illinois cities have to deal with more auto accidents and longer commutes to work. More time behind the wheel means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- What are good liability coverage limits? – The liability section of your policy kicks in if ever a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides for a legal defense to defend your case. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Prevent your car from being stolen – Buying a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart your car from being stolen.
- Always keep your policy in place – Driving any period of time without insurance can get your license suspended and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance coverage expire. Not only will rates go up, the inability to provide proof of insurance could earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Illinois department of motor vehicles.
- Insure your auto and home with one company – Lots of companies will award a discount to policyholders who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you already get this discount, it’s always a smart idea to compare other Chicago Wrangler insurance rates to verify if the discount is saving money. Drivers may still save money by insuring with multiple companies.
- Claims statistics for a Jeep Wrangler – Insurance companies study historical loss data as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that the data determines to have higher losses will cost more for specific coverages.
The next table shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Jeep Wrangler vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Values under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values over 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Jeep Wrangler Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Wrangler 2dr SWB 4WD 54 134 71 57 52 102 Jeep Wrangler 4dr 4WD 58 151 82 66 62 120
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheap Jeep Wrangler insurance in Chicago with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always list every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched a few of the more well known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Chicago car insurance online. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies allow discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current Wrangler insurance policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to spy on driving patterns remotely such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may get a rate reduction if their driving habits are good.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Seniors could receive a slight reduction on a Chicago car insurance quote.
- Life Insurance – Larger insurance carriers have lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer some of the discounts shown above are:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in Chicago. To see a list of insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Illinois, click this link.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
Certain consumers still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is OK! A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Chicago who will give you bids for your business. You never need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, feel free to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best company should include more criteria than just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- What companies can they write with?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
When searching for a reputable agency, there are two different types of agencies and how they function. Auto insurance policy providers are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following are Chicago exclusive agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
Glenda Tolentino-Moser – State Farm Insurance Agent
2015 W Montrose Ave – Chicago, IL 60618 – (773) 549-3300 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents are appointed with more than one company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured. When shopping rates, you should always include multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Chicago that can give you price quotes.
The most affordable rates come from being thorough
Discount Jeep Wrangler insurance in Chicago is attainable both online and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to shop for Jeep Wrangler insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the best prices are with an unexpected company. They may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
Much more information about insurance in Illinois is available below:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Chicago Car Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teachers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Camry in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)