Would you like to find low-cost Kia Sorento insurance in Chicago? Locating the most affordable Chicago Kia Sorento insurance quotes on the internet may be impossible for beginners to online price comparisons. With literally dozens of companies, how can anyone be able to compare all the different companies and get the lowest price available?
Regrettably, a large majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared insurance rates at all. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save up to $860 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don’t want to compare rate quotes.
The Kia Sorento Insurance Cost Equation
Lots of things are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, although others are more transparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating. Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in cheaper rates.
Single drivers may have higher premiums – Being married may cut your premiums when shopping for auto insurance. Having a significant other translates into being more mature and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Urban areas may pay more – Being located in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has it’s advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. People in densely populated areas have more road rage incidents and longer commutes to work. Less people means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Five star NHTSA crash test rating saves money – Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce injuries and lower injury rates means less claims paid passed on to you as lower rates. If the Kia Sorento is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may pay a lower rate.
Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse raises rates – Driving any period of time without insurance can get your license suspended and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance could earn you a steep fine or even jail time. Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Illinois motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Credit rating impact auto insurance rates – Your credit history will be a significant factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. So if your credit rating can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your Kia Sorento if you improve your credit rating. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than those with lower ratings.
Keep prices low by being claim-free – Auto insurance companies in Illinois give most affordable rates to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
Kia Sorento claim probability – Companies factor in insurance loss information to help calculate premium rates. Models that historically have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more for specific coverages. The table below shows the loss history for Kia Sorento vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together is considered to be 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentage values above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or larger claims.
Kia Sorento Insurance Loss Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Kia Sorento 4dr 2WD||80||86||82||110||111||94|
|Kia Sorento 4dr 4WD||85||87||101||97||98||85|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
How to get cheap Kia Sorento insurance in Chicago, IL
Most major insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive provide coverage prices direct online. Getting Kia Sorento insurance prices online is fairly simple as you simply enter the coverage amounts you desire into a form. Once you submit the form, the system collects reports for credit and driving violations and quotes a price based on these and other factors.
The ability to get online price quotes for Kia Sorento insurance in Chicago makes comparing rates easy, and it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible in order to find the lowest payment.
To quickly fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you input deductibles and limits just like they are on your policy. Doing this guarantees you are getting a price comparison based on similar coverages.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Chicago, IL. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance companies are expert advertisers
Car insurance providers like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive endlessly run ads on television and other media. They all advertise claims that people will save just by switching your policy. How does every company give you a lower rate on Kia Sorento insurance in Chicago? Here is how they do it.
All companies quote the lowest rates for the type of driver that earns them the highest profit. For instance, a preferred risk may be a mature driver, carries full coverage, and does not commute to work. Any person that matches those criteria will qualify for the lowest prices in Chicago as well as pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Insureds who do not fit the ideal profile may be required to pay more expensive rates which translates to the customer not purchasing. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “customers who switch” not “all people who quote” can get the lowest rates when switching. That’s why insurance companies can confidently state the savings. This really drives home the point why you really should do a rate comparison at every renewal. Because without a comparison, you cannot know with any certainty which company will fit you best based on your risk profile.
Three reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Kia Sorento in Chicago, buying auto insurance is mandatory in Illinois but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Kia Sorento, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Kia at a much higher premium rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Kia. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Kia gets damaged, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver overpays more than $865 each year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Kia Sorento insurance in Chicago
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize every discount they offer very well, so we took the time to find both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden discounts that you may qualify for. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better premium rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Senior Discount – Seniors can get lower premium rates.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies with one company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car instead of a used Sorento can save you some money since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like State Farm and Progressive will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy online.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- GEICO offers discounts including membership and employees, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, and driver training.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include company car, safe vehicle, good student, anti-theft, and teen driver.
- American Family may have discounts that include defensive driver, TimeAway discount, air bags, Steer into Savings, good student, good driver, and early bird.
- Esurance includes discounts for safety device, Pac-12 alumni, online shopper, multi-policy, anti-theft, and online quote.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple autos, safe vehicle, anti-theft, accident-free, passive restraint, and student away at school.
- AAA offers discounts for multi-car, good driver, good student, education and occupation, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, and pay-in-full.
If you need lower rates, check with every company how many discounts you can get. Savings may not apply to policyholders in your state.
Neighborhood agents and car insurance
Some consumers just want to buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this quick form, the quote information gets sent to insurance agents in Chicago that can give you free Chicago auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Chicago, get answers to these questions.
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Chicago for you
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agent, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agents can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Chicago who may provide you with price quote information.
- Glenda Tolentino-Moser – State Farm Insurance Agent
2015 W Montrose Ave – Chicago, IL 60618 – (773) 549-3300 – View Map
- Mark Yun – State Farm Insurance Agent
223 W Cermak Rd, Fl-2 – Chicago, IL 60616 – (312) 225-8311 – View Map
- Jim Tom – State Farm Insurance Agent
4317 N Lincoln Ave – Chicago, IL 60618 – (773) 477-3300 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents can sell policies from many different companies and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
When comparison shopping, you definitely need to compare prices from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection. A lot of them also have access to smaller regional carriers which could offer lower prices.
The following is a list of independent agents in Chicago who can help you get price quotes.
- AArdvark Insurance Agency
1228 W Wilson Ave – Chicago, IL 60640 – (773) 961-8781 – View Map
- Illinois Vehicle Auto Insurance (Xpert)
1858 W 18th St – Chicago, IL 60608 – (312) 226-1033 – View Map
- Lincoln Auto Insurance
855 W Washington Blvd – Chicago, IL 60607 – (312) 666-8800 – View Map
Cheaper coverage is out there
We covered a lot of techniques to shop for Kia Sorento insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Affordable Kia Sorento insurance in Chicago is attainable both online in addition to many Chicago insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not offer price quotes online and usually these small insurance companies work with local independent agents.
As you quote Chicago auto insurance, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Ram in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Honda Civic in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)