Want to know an easy way to compare more affordable Lexus IS 250 insurance in Chicago? Finding the cheapest insurance for a new or used Lexus IS 250 in Illinois can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our insurance buying tips and make it easy. There are more efficient ways to shop for insurance and we’ll show you the proper way to price shop coverage for your Lexus and locate the best price possible from both online companies and Chicago agents.
You need to compare rates quite often because insurance rates go up and down regularly. Even if you got the best rate on Lexus IS 250 insurance in Chicago last year there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re about to learn the easiest way to buy cheaper Lexus IS 250 insurance in Chicago.
Affordable Lexus insurance rates in Chicago
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Illinois. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you get rates from several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|IS 250 4-Dr Sedan||$186||$372||$222||$14||$66||$860||$72|
|IS 250 AWD 4-Dr||$122||$246||$214||$12||$64||$658||$55|
|IS 250 C 2-Dr Convertible||$202||$428||$316||$18||$94||$1,058||$88|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in zip code location which can affect premium rates greatly.
Poor driving habits will raise your auto insurance rates
The diagram below demonstrates how citations and at-fault fender-benders can increase Lexus IS 250 insurance premiums for each different age group. The data assumes a single female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Discount Chicago car insurance rates
Car insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even be aware of. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be asked about before being credited.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on the same car insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow their company to look at driving manner by using a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to certain professional organizations could trigger savings on your policy.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
To view companies that offer multiple discounts in Chicago, click this link.
Different people need different insurance coverages
When quoting and comparing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if you might need professional guidance.
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- What is the minimum liability in Illinois?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Compare prices but work with a local Chicago insurance agent
A lot of people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is immediately sent to insurance agents in Chicago who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to even leave your home because prices are sent to the email address you provide. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you would need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking an insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Where are claims handled?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
Exclusive and independent Chicago car insurance agents
If you are wanting to find a good insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they work. Insurance agencies in Chicago can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on the selection process.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. These agents are trained well on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often use the same agent mostly because of the brand name rather than having low rates.
The following are exclusive agencies in Chicago who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Glenda Tolentino-Moser – State Farm Insurance Agent
2015 W Montrose Ave – Chicago, IL 60618 – (773) 549-3300 – View Map
- Linda Kuczka – State Farm Insurance Agent
954 W Webster Ave – Chicago, IL 60614 – (773) 975-9111 – View Map
- Judith Gleason – State Farm Insurance Agent
2643 N Harlem Ave – Chicago, IL 60707 – (773) 637-8547 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing auto insurance rates, it’s a good idea to contact a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also have access to smaller regional carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
The following are Chicago independent insurance agents who can help you get price quote information.
- Illinois Vehicle Auto Insurance
100 W. Randolph, Suite C14 – Chicago, IL 60601 – (312) 201-9111 – View Map
- Skyline Insurance Agency, Inc.
2302 W Belmont Ave – Chicago, IL 60618 – (773) 525-7500 – View Map
- Edwards Insurance Agency, Inc.
11113 S Kedzie Ave – Chicago, IL 60655 – (773) 396-5526 – View Map
Upon getting good responses to all your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that is professional and can provide auto insurance coverage. Just be aware that you have the power to cancel a policy whenever you choose to so don’t assume you’re contractually obligated to the auto insurance policy for the full policy term.
Do auto insurance companies bend the truth?
Illinois drivers constantly see and hear ads for auto insurance savings by companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. All the companies tend to make the same promise that people will save if you switch your coverage.
How does every auto insurance company charge lower premium rates? It’s all in how they say it.
All companies have underwriting criteria for the right customer that earns them the highest profit. One example of a profitable insured should be over the age of 35, is a homeowner, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any customer who fits those characteristics receives the best prices in Chicago as well as save money with a new company.
Insureds who fall outside the “perfect” profile may receive a higher premium and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The trick companies use is to say “drivers who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save money. That’s the way companies can advertise the way they do. This illustrates why you absolutely need to compare free Chicago auto insurance quotes often. It is just not possible to predict which company will have the lowest Lexus IS 250 insurance in Chicago.
Insurance savings summarized
In this article, we covered many ideas to get a better price on Lexus IS 250 insurance in Chicago. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get premium rates for, the better likelihood of getting affordable Lexus IS 250 insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier.
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like poor customer service, lack of trust in their agent, questionable increases in premium or even delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
As you quote Chicago auto insurance, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Much more information about insurance in Illinois is located below:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- How Much is Chicago Car Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)