Are you drained from not being able to afford to pay insurance each month? You are no different than most other drivers in Illinois.
It’s hard to fathom, but most insurance buyers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never taken the time to shop around. Consumers in Chicago could pocket $586 a year, but they don’t invest the time required to shop their coverage around. Numerous car insurance companies battle for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the best coverage at the lowest rate on Nissan Titan XD insurance in Chicago.
Reducing your insurance rates isn’t really that difficult. All that’s required is to take a few minutes comparing rates from online providers.
It’s so fast and easy to compare rates online that it takes the place of having to go to insurance agencies in your area. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you want the professional advice of a licensed agent. It is possible to get the lowest quotes online but buy the policy through an agent.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Illinois. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high cost, paying for car insurance is required by state law in Illinois and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Nissan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Nissan at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Car insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Titan XD definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so compare rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Auto insurance ads bend the truth
Illinois consumers can’t get away from all the ads that claim the cheapest prices from the likes of 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. They all advertise claims of big savings just by moving your auto insurance policy to them.
How does each company claim to save you money? You have to listen carefully.
All companies have specific characteristics for the driver that earns them a profit. For instance, this type of driver could possibly be married and over the age of 30, carries full coverage, and has a short commute. Someone who matches those parameters is entitled to the best price and will also save when they switch companies.
Potential customers who do not fit these criteria will see a higher premium and ends up with business not being written. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “customers who switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save that much when switching. This is how insurance companies can advertise the savings. This illustrates why drivers should get price quotes at each policy renewal. It is impossible to guess which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings.
Slash rates with these discounts
Some providers do not advertise every discount available very clearly, so the below list has some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Chicago auto insurance online. If you don’t get every credit possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Driver Training Discounts – Passing a defensive driving class could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Own a Home – Just owning your own home can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Mature Driver Discount – Older drivers may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a lower car insurance rate if you buy life insurance.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a new Titan XD is cheaper because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Active Military Service – Having a deployed family member may lower your rates slightly.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Some companies that possibly offer some of the discounts shown above include:
If you need low cost Chicago auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in Chicago. To view insurers with significant discounts in Chicago, follow this link.
Car insurance quotes from local neighborhood Chicago car insurance agents
Many people still prefer to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended Experienced insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents in Chicago who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to contact an agency because prices are sent instantly to you. In the event you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing an insurer needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Chicago should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
If you would like to find a reliable agent, you should know the types of agencies that you can choose from. Car insurance agencies can either be exclusive or independent. Both write car insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the difference between them because it may have an impact on the type of agent you choose.
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Chicago that can give you price quote information.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
When comparison shopping, you need to include price quotes from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Chicago who can help you get rate quotes.
W.A. George Insurance Agency
155 N Michigan Ave #300 – Chicago, IL 60601 – (312) 729-5265 – View Map
After talking to the agent and getting satisfactory answers and a good coverage price, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to service your policy.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same car insurance coverage
When it comes to insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Shop around and save
We just covered many ideas to shop for Nissan Titan XD insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from a small mutual company.
As you quote Chicago auto insurance, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, an insured dropped collision coverage only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like policy cancellation, high rates after DUI convictions, denial of a claim or high prices. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company can be easier than you think.
To read more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Active Military in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)