Do you want to learn how to find more competitive Pontiac Solstice insurance in Chicago? No sane person enjoys paying for auto insurance, particularly when their premiums are too high.
Unimaginable but true, nearly 70% of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Chicago drivers could cut their rates by up to $600 a year, but they don’t believe the amount of money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy. With so many options when it comes to auto insurance, it can be diffult for people to locate the most cost effective insurer.
Consumers should take time to compare rates before your policy renews since insurance prices go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Pontiac Solstice insurance in Chicago a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re going to learn the only way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Getting a cheaper price on Pontiac Solstice insurance can be quick and easy. Consumers just need to invest a few minutes comparing free Chicago auto insurance quotes to find the company with cheaper Chicago auto insurance quotes.
It’s so easy to compare rate quotes online that it replaces the need to drive around to all the different Chicago insurance agencies. Comparing Pontiac Solstice insurance rates online has made agencies unnecessary unless you have a complicated situation and need the extra assistance that only a licensed agent can provide. You can, however, compare online quotes and get advice from an agent in your area.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Illinois. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Pontiac in Chicago, buying car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Pontiac Solstice, more than likely the lender will require that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Pontiac for a lot more money and require you to pay for it.
- Car insurance protects both your Pontiac Solstice and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Solstice are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in America overpays more than $869 every year so compare rate quotes every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Pontiac Solstice insurance in Chicago
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but you can get discounts that you may not even know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Online Discount – Certain car insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks get Chicago auto insurance on their website.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to buckle up can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Responsible Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Chicago auto insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total Solstice insurance premium.
- Good Student – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Chicago auto insurance quote. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
Discounts save money, but please remember that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- GEICO offers discounts for multi-vehicle, membership and employees, military active duty, defensive driver, air bags, and good student.
- SAFECO has discounts for anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, homeowner, safe driver, and bundle discounts.
- State Farm offers discounts including safe vehicle, driver’s education, student away at school, defensive driving training, multiple policy, and passive restraint.
- MetLife may include discounts for defensive driver, good driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and good student.
- 21st Century discounts include student driver, early bird, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, 55 and older, theft prevention, and air bags.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
If you need lower rates, check with each company the best way to save money. Some credits might not be offered on policies in your area.
There’s no such thing as the perfect car insurance policy
When it comes to adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Is my Pontiac Solstice covered for smoke damage?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Shop online but buy locally
Some consumers still like to sit down with an agent and that is not a bad decision Good insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. A good thing about comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. Supporting small agencies is important particularly in Chicago.
Once you complete this short form, the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, just go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
What types of auto insurance agents are in Chicago?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a local Chicago insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents that you can select. Insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s worth learning how they differ since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents can quote rates with many companies and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you absolutely need to include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options.
Listed below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Chicago that may be able to give you price quotes.
W.A. George Insurance Agency
155 N Michigan Ave #300 – Chicago, IL 60601 – (312) 729-5265 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only write with one company like Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below are Chicago exclusive agents that are able to give price quote information.
Picking the best insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
If you feel you receive positive responses for all questions you ask and locked in a price quote, you may have found a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to service your policy.
Auto insurance coverages and their meanings
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find the normal coverages available from auto insurance companies.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – This provides protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Pontiac Solstice.
Since many Illinois drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (Illinois limits are 20/40/15), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Frequently these coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Collision – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims like hitting a parking meter, colliding with a tree and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible on your Solstice in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability insurance – Liability insurance can cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. It protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 20/40/15 which means a limit of $20,000 per injured person, $40,000 for the entire accident, and $15,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers claims such as bail bonds, structural damage, legal defense fees, pain and suffering and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Illinois state minimum liability requirements are 20/40/15 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
Comprehensive coverages – Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as hitting a bird, fire damage and hail damage. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for medical payments – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills for things like X-ray expenses, doctor visits, chiropractic care and prosthetic devices. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Lower rates by being persistent
We just presented a lot of information how to compare Pontiac Solstice insurance rates in Chicago. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best rates are with a small mutual company. These companies often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
Cheap Pontiac Solstice insurance in Chicago can be bought from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Chicago, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How Much is Chicago Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Car Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Santa Fe? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)