Searching for lower priced Chicago Subaru WRX insurance quotes over the internet is rather challenging for drivers not familiar with comparison shopping on the internet. When there are so many online companies, how can anyone effectively compare them all to find cheaper insurance prices?
A recent insurance study revealed that nearly 70% of customers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers could cut their rates by about $850 a year, but they just feel it’s too hard to find lower-cost insurance by shopping around.
You should take the time to price shop coverage quite often since insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you had the best deal on Subaru WRX insurance in Chicago a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because it’s time to teach you the proper way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
If you’re already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to cut your premiums using these methods. Our goal in writing this article help educate you on the most effective ways to compare rates and some tricks to saving. Although Illinois vehicle owners do need to know how the larger insurance companies sell insurance online because rates are impacted by many factors.
Cheapest Subaru insurance prices in Chicago
The following companies are ready to provide free quotes in Illinois. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Subaru WRX insurance in Chicago
Companies don’t necessarily list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Chicago car insurance online.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a home in Chicago can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage could earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Professional Organizations – Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a course teaching safe driver skills can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To see a list of auto insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Illinois, click here.
Local Chicago insurance agents and auto insurance
Many drivers would prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, the coverage information is transmitted to companies in Chicago that give free quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to search for an agent because prices are sent directly to you. It’s the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- How long has the business existed?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies from which to choose. Chicago agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. They are well trained in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand legacy rather than low price.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Chicago that are able to give price quotes.
- Glenda Tolentino-Moser – State Farm Insurance Agent
2015 W Montrose Ave – Chicago, IL 60618 – (773) 549-3300 – View Map
- Dave Rundle – State Farm Insurance Agent
4316 W 63rd St – Chicago, IL 60629 – (773) 735-0135 – View Map
- Bill Dillard – State Farm Insurance Agent
516 W Diversey Pkwy – Chicago, IL 60614 – (773) 549-2605 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent often have many company appointments and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, it’s recommended you compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Most have the option of insuring with companies that do not advertise much which can save you money.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Chicago that can give you price quote information.
- Lincoln Auto Insurance
855 W Washington Blvd – Chicago, IL 60607 – (312) 666-8800 – View Map
- Talro Insurance Agency
4900 W Belmont Ave – Chicago, IL 60641 – (773) 205-8255 – View Map
- Eagle Insurance Agency
3517 N Spaulding Ave – Chicago, IL 60618 – (773) 463-7576 – View Map
A conclusion for your insurance search
When shopping online for insurance, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high rates after DUI convictions, delays in paying claims or even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
Budget-friendly insurance in Chicago can be found online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not offer rate quotes online and these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
To read more, take a look at these articles:
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Chicago Auto Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Good Drivers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Malibu in Chicago? (FAQ)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)