Would you like to stop overpaying and find low-cost Dodge Nitro insurance in Chicago? Have you fallen victim to an underperforming, overpriced insurance policy? It’s a common feeling and many Chicago drivers have buyer’s remorse.
Inconceivable but true, the vast majority of insurance customers in Illinois kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Consumers in the U.S. can save 46.5% each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t want to spend time to shop around.
Numerous auto insurance companies battle for your hard-earned dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every insurance company and uncover the absolute best price available on Dodge Nitro insurance in Chicago.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Auto insurance companies don’t list every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains both the well known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Chicago auto insurance online.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers could receive reduced rates.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new Nitro can be considerably cheaper since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying a policy with multiple vehicles with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Club Memberships – Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Chicago could qualify you for a break on your next car insurance statement.
- Paperwork-free – Certain larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Car insurance companies that have many of the previously listed discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts may not be available in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer cheap Dodge Nitro insurance quotes in Illinois, click here to view.
How to lower your Dodge Nitro insurance cost in Chicago, Illinois
When looking for cheaper Chicago auto insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to compare rate quotes from different companies. The simplest method to find the lowest Dodge Nitro rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it makes it obsolete to make phone calls or go to insurance agents’ offices. Comparing Dodge Nitro insurance rates online eliminates the middleman unless you have a need for the professional guidance that only an agent can give. Some companies do allow you to comparison shop online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
When comparing insurance rates, know that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps improve the odds of finding more affordable rates. Not every company allows you to get price estimates online, so it’s recommended that you also compare prices from them as well.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Illinois. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Nitro Heat 2WD||$196||$334||$294||$18||$88||$930||$78|
|Nitro SE 2WD||$112||$192||$284||$16||$84||$688||$57|
|Nitro SE 4WD||$194||$344||$334||$20||$100||$992||$83|
|Nitro SXT 2WD||$194||$344||$334||$20||$100||$992||$83|
|Nitro Heat 4WD||$230||$280||$386||$22||$116||$1,034||$86|
|Nitro Detonator 2WD||$198||$390||$356||$22||$106||$1,072||$89|
|Nitro SXT 4WD||$194||$384||$384||$22||$114||$1,098||$92|
|Nitro Shock 2WD||$182||$338||$398||$24||$120||$1,062||$89|
|Nitro Detonator 4WD||$204||$374||$304||$18||$90||$990||$83|
|Nitro Shock 4WD||$136||$242||$384||$22||$114||$898||$75|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in Chicago location which can revise premium rates substantially.
Auto insurance rates by age and gender
The illustration below shows the difference between Dodge Nitro insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims or driving violations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Why Your Insurance Costs might be higher
Smart consumers have a good feel for a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating your auto insurance rates. If you know what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
- Prices impacted by your city – Being located in less populated areas of the country has it’s advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accident claims and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Urban drivers regularly have traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. More time commuting means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- Younger drivers pay high rates – Beginning drivers in Illinois have been known to be careless and easily distracted with other occupants in the car so auto insurance rates are higher. Older insureds are shown to be more cautious, tend to file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.
- What type of vehicle do you drive? – The performance of the car you need insurance for makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. Since the Dodge Nitro is considered a passenger car, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower when compared to the average rates in Chicago. Small economy passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Use one insurance company and save – Most larger companies give better rates to insureds who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to ten percent or more. Even if you already get this discount, consumers should still compare Dodge Nitro rates in Chicago to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Better drivers pay less – Just one speeding ticket or other violation could increase your next policy renewal forty percent or more. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to those with violations. Drivers unfortunate enough to have careless tickets like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to file a SR-22 with their state in order to legally drive.
- Liability protection risk factors in – The liability section of your policy will afford coverage when you are ruled to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide for a legal defense which can cost a lot. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so do not skimp.
- Pay less after the wedding – Being married may save some money when shopping for auto insurance. It demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible and it’s statistically proven that married couples file fewer claims.
Car insurance is available from local agents
A small number of people prefer to get advice from a local agent and we recommend doing that An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Chicago who will return price quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to your email. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to quote rates from a specific company, just jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Before buying a policy in Chicago, get answers to these questions.
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Are they full-time agents?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Chicago?
If you want to use an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agents can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Chicago that can give you rate quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents do not work for one specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If your premiums go up, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, we recommend you get several quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates.
Below are Chicago independent agencies that are able to give price quotes.
Why insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, buying insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Dodge, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Dodge for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Dodge Nitro. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Dodge gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average driver in Illinois is overpaying over $750 every year so shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Budget-conscious Dodge Nitro insurance can be purchased on the web as well as from independent agents in Chicago, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these regional carriers sell through independent agents.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)