Want to save money and find the cheapest Dodge Viper insurance in Chicago? Overpriced Dodge Viper insurance in Chicago can bleed your budget and possibly require you to analyze your spending habits. Getting a rate comparison is recommended to lower your monthly bill.
It’s hard to fathom, but most auto insurance buyers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and just under half have never taken the time to shop around. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,500, Illinois drivers could save up to 40% a year by just shopping around, but most just don’t grasp the amount of savings they would get if they switch to a new company.
Vehicle owners have so many auto insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it’s nice to have multiple companies, lots of choices makes it harder to adequately compare rates for Dodge Viper insurance in Chicago.
Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Chicago is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have coverage now, you will be able to lower your rates using this strategy. But Illinois vehicle owners need to have an understanding of how big insurance companies sell online and use it to find better rates.
Cheap auto insurance in Chicago, IL
The following companies offer free quotes in Chicago, IL. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Viper SRT/10 2-Dr Coupe||$386||$894||$266||$16||$80||$1,642||$137|
|Viper SRT/10 2-Dr Roadster||$310||$776||$250||$14||$76||$1,426||$119|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in specific location information which can revise coverage prices noticeably.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The illustration below demonstrates how citations and accident claims can impact Dodge Viper insurance premiums for each different age group. The data is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Gender differences in auto insurance premiums
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Viper car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no violations or accidents, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Verify you’re earning every discount
Some providers do not advertise every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the best known as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
- E-sign Discounts – A few larger online companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on your computer.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some larger companies reward drivers for renewing your policy prior to your current Viper insurance policy expiring. You could save around 10% when you buy Chicago auto insurance online.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm permit an accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic.
Companies that may offer policyholders these benefits may include but are not limited to:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in every state. To choose insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Chicago, click here.
Dodge Viper Insurance Rate Factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating your car insurance rates. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in cheaper rates. Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, although others are less obvious such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate your rates.
- With age comes lower rates – Teenage drivers in Illinois are statistically proven to get distracted easily when behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a inexperienced driver to your policy can increase premiums substantially. Older, more experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.
- The type of car makes a difference – The make and model of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in your rates. Due to the fact that the Dodge Viper is considered a sports car, insuring your vehicle will cost much more as compared to the average rate in Chicago. Smaller low performance passenger vehicles generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Getting married can lower costs – Your spouse actually saves money on your policy. Having a spouse translates into being more responsible it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
- Annual miles is a factor – The higher the miles on your Dodge every year the more you will pay for car insurance. The majority of insurers rate vehicles partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos not used for work or commuting can be on a lower rate level than those that get driven frequently. It’s a smart idea to ensure your car insurance policy is rated on the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money. A policy that improperly rates your Viper may be costing you higher rates.
- Driving citations can be expensive – Having a clean driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Even one speeding ticket may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums than bad drivers. Drivers who have gotten careless tickets like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find that they have to to prove financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Car and home together may be cheaper – The majority of companies afford discounts to people who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to ten or even fifteen percent. Even with this discount applied, you still need to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Safer cars save money – Cars with high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts which can result in lower premiums.
- Dodge Viper insurance loss statistics – Car insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles when they calculate premium costs for each model. Models that historically have a trend towards higher claims will cost more to insure.
The next table illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Dodge Viper vehicles. For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is represented as 100. Percentages below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater indicate more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Dodge Viper Insurance Claim Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Dodge Viper 2dr 147
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Independent versus exclusive insurance agents
Some people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get better rates but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to companies in Chicago who will gladly provide quotes for your business. You won’t need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered instantly to you. You’ll get the best rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an company requires more thought than just a low price. Some important questions to ask are:
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Chicago?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
Shown below are agents in Chicago that are able to give price quote information for Dodge Viper insurance in Chicago.
Once you have received good answers to any questions you have and locked in a price quote, you may have just found an provider that will properly service your auto insurance policy.
Frequent quotes can save
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
We just covered a lot of tips how to find lower-cost Dodge Viper insurance in Chicago. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from a lesser-known regional company. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower auto insurance rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Felons in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Car Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Santa Fe? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Company Car in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a School Permit in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Malibu in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How Much are Chicago Auto Insurance Rates for Nurses? (FAQ)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)