If you’ve never shopped for Chicago car insurance quotes online, by this point your are probably bewildered by the sheer number of online companies who claim to have the best insurance rates.
Amazlingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that nearly 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never shopped around. Many consumers in Illinois can save up to $590 each year, but most just don’t grasp how much money they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
You need to check insurance prices every six months due to the fact that insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the lowest rates on Tesla Model X insurance in Chicago six months ago there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re about to learn how to use the internet to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Best Tesla Model X insurance price quotes in Illinois
The following companies offer price quotes in Chicago, IL. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Don’t overlook these six Tesla Model X insurance discounts
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but companies offer discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some trigger automatically at quote time, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Multi-car Discount – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks with the same car insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver’s education course if offered at their school.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some insurance companies give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Buy New and Save – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors may receive a slight reduction on a Chicago car insurance quote.
We need to note that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic. But any discount will help lower your overall premium however.
A list of car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, and homeowner.
- GEICO has discounts for air bags, anti-theft, multi-vehicle, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, and emergency military deployment.
- State Farm may include discounts for defensive driving training, passive restraint, student away at school, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple autos.
- Esurance may offer discounts for defensive driver, good student, paid-in-full, emergency road assistance, and Switch & Save.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, driver training, air bag, defensive driver, bundle, and good student.
When quoting, ask each insurance company to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above may not apply in every state. If you would like to see a list of providers that offer the discounts shown above in Illinois, click here to view.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When quoting and choosing the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. You are unique.
For instance, these questions can help discover if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- What are good deductibles for a Tesla Model X?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is my Tesla Model X covered for smoke damage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Are insurance agents used anymore?
Certain consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local. And providing support for local insurance agents is important particularly in Chicago.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to participating agents in Chicago that can provide free Chicago car insurance quotes for your business. There is no reason to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You’ll get the best rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance agents in Chicago can be classified as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. When comparison shopping, you will definitely want to get quotes from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from. They often place coverage with less well-known companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Chicago that may be able to give pricing information.
- American Auto Insurance
3201 N Harlem Ave #1 – Chicago, IL 60634 – (773) 286-3500 – View Map
- Serpe Insurance Agency
2538 N Lincoln Ave – Chicago, IL 60614 – (773) 871-0808 – View Map
- KSA Insurance Agency
7158 W Grand Ave – Chicago, IL 60707 – (773) 804-9000 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company’s prices such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to loyalty to the company instead of buying on price only.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Chicago willing to provide rate quotes.
- Sylvia Torres Underhill – State Farm Insurance Agent
2422 S Oakley Ave – Chicago, IL 60608 – (773) 376-1166 – View Map
- Judith Gleason – State Farm Insurance Agent
2643 N Harlem Ave – Chicago, IL 60707 – (773) 637-8547 – View Map
- Dwayne Jackson – State Farm Insurance Agent
1345 W Taylor St – Chicago, IL 60607 – (312) 455-0675 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just a low price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Chicago?
Parts of your car insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Car insurance terms can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Model X resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims like hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox, backing into a parked car, colliding with a tree and crashing into a building. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your Model X in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for bills for doctor visits, surgery and dental work. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Tesla Model X.
Due to the fact that many Illinois drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (20/40/15), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Frequently these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from getting keyed, damage from a tornado or hurricane, theft and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This protects you from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see liability limits of 20/40/15 that means you have a $20,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $40,000, and $15,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as pain and suffering, legal defense fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, funeral expenses and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Illinois state law requires minimum liability limits of 20/40/15 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced full coverage to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just covered some good ideas how you can compare Tesla Model X insurance car insurance rates in Chicago. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Chicago car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best car insurance rates are with a small mutual company.
Cheaper Tesla Model X insurance in Chicago is definitely available on the web and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not provide online rate quotes and usually these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
More detailed insurance information is located at these sites:
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for College Students in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)