When searching for cheaper insurance, do you get confused by the number of insurance sources in your area? Many other people are too. Drivers have so many sources available that it can easily become a burden to locate the lowest premium rates for Ford Escape insurance in Chicago. Everyone knows Chicago has lots to offer, but pricey insurance can make it difficult for lots of drivers to purchase enough protection.
It’s astonishing, but a large majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. American insurance shoppers could save an average of 47% each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t understand how simple it is to find lower-cost insurance rates.
It’s smart to get comparison quotes periodically since insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Ford Escape insurance in Chicago at your last renewal there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because I’m going to teach you one of the quickest ways to find lower rates on insurance.
If you have a current insurance policy, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using the ideas covered in this article. These techniques will let you in on how to compare rates easily and how to save the most money. Nevertheless, Illinois car owners should learn the methods companies use to price insurance differently and apply this information to your search.
To find the best car insurance quotes, there are several ways of comparing rates from many different Illinois insurance companies. The fastest way to do a complete rate comparison is to jump online and get quotes.
Just keep in mind that having more price comparisons helps you find a lower rate. Not every company does online rate quotes, so it’s necessary to compare prices from them as well.
The car insurance companies shown below provide price comparisons in Chicago, IL. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you get rates from several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$192||$384||$268||$16||$80||$940||$78|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$130||$208||$228||$14||$68||$648||$54|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$168||$326||$250||$14||$76||$834||$70|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$224||$334||$222||$14||$66||$860||$72|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$202||$280||$222||$14||$66||$784||$65|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$174||$334||$232||$14||$70||$824||$69|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in Chicago location which can raise or lower insurance rates noticeably.
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Ford Escape insurance rates for each different age group. The costs are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The example below visualizes the comparison of Ford Escape insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The rates are based on no violations or accidents, $100 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no set guideline to stop buying physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Ford Escape replacement cost is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $500 annually to have full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where removing full coverage is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Safe drivers pay less for auto insurance
The information below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault collisions can influence Ford Escape insurance rates for different age groups. The premiums assume a single female driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Protect more than your Ford Escape
Even though it can be expensive, paying for car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to be legal. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your car, almost every bank will require that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Ford for a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
Third, car insurance protects not only your Ford but also your assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Chicago overpays as much as $700 annually so compare rates at every renewal to save money.
Score discounts on Chicago car insurance
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list the entire discount list very well, so here is a list some of the more common and also the lesser-known ways to save on car insurance.
- Discount for Good Grades – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Chicago car insurance quote. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Organization Discounts – Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break when getting a Chicago car insurance quote.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching companies before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- College Student Discount – Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
Discounts lower rates, but some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount should definitely cut the amount you pay for coverage.
Companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- 21st Century discounts include air bags, automatic seat belts, teen driver, early bird, theft prevention, student driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, and online signing.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple policy, anti-theft, accident-free, student away at school, driver’s education, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Nationwide may include discounts for good student, easy pay, business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, and defensive driving.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including claim free, Switch & Save, multi-policy, renters, and safety device.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for vehicle fuel type, driver training, good student, air bag, bundle, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
It’s a good idea to ask all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Some credits may not apply to policies in Chicago. To see a list of companies that offer multiple discounts in Chicago, click this link.
Buying from insurance agents
Some people still prefer to talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind An additional benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that you can obtain the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this simple form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Chicago who will return price quotes for your coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to your email. Get lower rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best provider needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Before buying a policy in Chicago, get answers to these questions.
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
If you need to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they function. Chicago agents are either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often use the same agent partially due to high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Chicago who can help you get rate quotes.
- Liane Williams – State Farm Insurance Agent
3143 W 71st St – Chicago, IL 60629 – (773) 436-7500 – View Map
- Jim Mays Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
4465 N Milwaukee Ave – Chicago, IL 60630 – (773) 282-1500 – View Map
- Mark Mackey – State Farm Insurance Agent
3338 W Foster Ave – Chicago, IL 60625 – (773) 604-4334 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not work for one specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different auto insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you definitely need to get quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from. They often place coverage with mutual insurance companies which can save you money.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Chicago that can give you price quote information.
- Skyline Insurance Agency, Inc.
2302 W Belmont Ave – Chicago, IL 60618 – (773) 525-7500 – View Map
- Active Insurance Agency – Auto Insurance
1034 N Ashland Ave – Chicago, IL 60622 – (773) 286-3473 – View Map
- Lakeview Insurance Agency, Ltd.
3438 N Southport Ave – Chicago, IL 60657 – (773) 871-8000 – View Map
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When quoting and comparing the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- What is the minimum liability in Illinois?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
More comparisons equals cheap rates
When shopping online for car insurance, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
We covered some good ideas how to find cheaper Ford Escape insurance in Chicago. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy non-renewal, delays in paying claims or even delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching car insurance companies is easier than you think.
Additional car insurance information can be found below:
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Chicago Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Veterans in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)