Locating lower-cost Chicago Ford F-350 insurance quotes is somewhat difficult for drivers that are not comfortable with quoting and comparing and buying car insurance on the internet. With so many agents and companies competing online, how can anyone be able to compare each option to find the best pricing?
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that nearly 70% of drivers have been with the same company for four years or more, and just under half have never even compared rates from other companies. Illinois insurance shoppers could pocket approximately $600 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just feel it’s too hard to do a rate comparison.
If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to buy cheaper insurance using the concepts covered in this article. This information will teach you how car insurance works and how you can save the most money. But Illinois vehicle owners need to learn the way insurance companies determine how much to charge because rates fluctuate considerably.
Get cheaper Ford F-350 insurance rates in Chicago
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before they will apply.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Chicago and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Claim Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims get the best insurance rates compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Telematics Data – Drivers that enable data collection to analyze driving habits remotely such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may get a rate reduction if their driving habits are good.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you will save up to 20% and get you cheap F-350 insurance.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will forgive one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a specific time period.
Don’t be shocked that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- State Farm includes discounts for good student, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple policy.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for multi-policy, family plan, good student, defensive driving, easy pay, and business or organization.
- GEICO may have discounts that include driver training, anti-theft, federal employee, seat belt use, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA may offer discounts for education and occupation, multi-car, AAA membership discount, good student, good driver, anti-theft, and pay-in-full.
- 21st Century discounts include air bags, theft prevention, defensive driver, 55 and older, and teen driver.
- The Hartford may include discounts for bundle, air bag, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, driver training, and defensive driver.
Check with each company or agent to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state. If you would like to view providers who offer free Ford F-350 insurance quotes in Chicago, click this link.
First Step: Get free Ford F-350 insurance quotes
To find the best car insurance prices, there are several ways to get quotes from local Chicago car insurance companies. One of the best ways to do a complete rate comparison involves getting comparison quotes online.
Keep in mind that having more price comparisons helps you find lower pricing.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Illinois. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$178||$364||$510||$30||$152||$1,234||$103|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 4WD||$220||$392||$400||$24||$120||$1,156||$96|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 2WD||$242||$398||$294||$18||$88||$1,040||$87|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$188||$298||$404||$24||$120||$1,034||$86|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$274||$468||$266||$16||$80||$1,104||$92|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$178||$252||$342||$20||$102||$894||$75|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$142||$232||$404||$24||$120||$922||$77|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$272||$540||$510||$30||$152||$1,504||$125|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch 4WD||$218||$412||$442||$26||$132||$1,230||$103|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$218||$392||$412||$24||$124||$1,170||$98|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$156||$252||$392||$24||$118||$942||$79|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$248||$460||$474||$28||$142||$1,352||$113|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$178||$316||$274||$16||$82||$866||$72|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$218||$392||$294||$18||$88||$1,010||$84|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab King Ranch 2WD||$150||$284||$340||$20||$102||$896||$75|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat 4WD||$242||$540||$412||$24||$124||$1,342||$112|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 4WD||$134||$298||$442||$26||$132||$1,032||$86|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$160||$316||$376||$22||$112||$986||$82|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$178||$364||$412||$24||$124||$1,102||$92|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 4WD||$242||$566||$442||$26||$132||$1,408||$117|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$242||$566||$442||$26||$132||$1,408||$117|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$244||$520||$510||$30||$152||$1,456||$121|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 2WD||$178||$274||$250||$14||$76||$792||$66|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$242||$406||$250||$14||$76||$988||$82|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$170||$290||$316||$18||$94||$888||$74|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$196||$332||$294||$18||$88||$928||$77|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Lariat 2WD||$196||$252||$342||$20||$102||$912||$76|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$172||$252||$262||$16||$78||$780||$65|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$218||$340||$250||$14||$76||$898||$75|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$298||$622||$510||$30||$152||$1,612||$134|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$228||$372||$392||$24||$118||$1,134||$95|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$240||$452||$412||$24||$124||$1,252||$104|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$268||$540||$442||$26||$132||$1,408||$117|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$242||$468||$250||$14||$76||$1,050||$88|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 2WD||$240||$456||$246||$14||$74||$1,030||$86|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 2WD||$312||$550||$262||$16||$78||$1,218||$102|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$174||$308||$246||$14||$74||$816||$68|
|F-350 Super Cab XLT Turbo Diesel 2WD||$218||$420||$340||$20||$102||$1,100||$92|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$240||$452||$442||$26||$132||$1,292||$108|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$134||$246||$376||$22||$112||$890||$74|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$166||$328||$340||$20||$102||$956||$80|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$174||$308||$246||$14||$74||$816||$68|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in your specific Chicago location which can revise prices greatly.
How high should deductibles be?
The information below highlights how deductible choice and can influence Ford F-350 insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
What if I want to buy from local Chicago insurance agencies?
Certain consumers just want to buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in Chicago.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you instantly. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you just need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Chicago auto insurance agents come in two flavors
When researching a good insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are appointed with more than one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. If you need cheaper insurance rates, we recommend you check rates from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through small regional insurance companies which can save you money.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Chicago that can possibly get you free insurance quotes.
- Riehn Insurance
4541 N Lincoln Ave – Chicago, IL 60625 – (773) 561-4200 – View Map
- Edwards Insurance Agency, Inc.
11113 S Kedzie Ave – Chicago, IL 60655 – (773) 396-5526 – View Map
- Active Insurance Agency – Auto Insurance
1034 N Ashland Ave – Chicago, IL 60622 – (773) 286-3473 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Some insured continue to buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand instead of buying on price only.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Chicago who can help you get price quote information.
- Neal Gallo – State Farm Insurance Agent
6666 N Western Ave – Chicago, IL 60645 – (773) 743-6565 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Maribel Marron
3060 W Armitage Ave – Chicago, IL 60647 – (773) 572-9495 – View Map
- Glenda Tolentino-Moser – State Farm Insurance Agent
2015 W Montrose Ave – Chicago, IL 60618 – (773) 549-3300 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
More comparisons equals cheap rates
As you shop your coverage around, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to get a better price on Ford F-350 insurance in Chicago. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Ford F-350 rate quotes. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a small mutual company.
Some insurance companies may not have online rate quotes and usually these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agents. Cheaper Ford F-350 insurance in Chicago is available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Chicago agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
Additional information is available below:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How Much is Chicago Car Insurance for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)