How long has it been since you compared low-cost GMC Envoy XUV insurance in Chicago? Buying the lowest cost Chicago GMC Envoy XUV insurance quotes is intimidating for vehicle owners that are relatively new to buying their insurance over the internet. Because there are so many companies, how are we expected to have time to compare every one to find the best pricing?
It’s hard to fathom, but about 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Most drivers in Chicago could save roughly $600 a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t know the big savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy.
You should make it a habit to take a look at other company’s rates once or twice a year because insurance prices trend upward over time. If you had the lowest rates on GMC Envoy XUV insurance in Chicago last year you can probably find a better premium rate now. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding Envoy XUV insurance on the internet, but we’re going to give you some tested techniques to lower your insurance rates in Chicago.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Chicago is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. In a nutshell, each driver who requires lower cost car insurance most likely will find a lower price. But Illinois vehicle owners benefit from understanding the methods companies use to determine how much to charge and apply this information to your search.
Discounts can help lower rates on GMC Envoy XUV insurance in Chicago
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but once in a while a discount must be inquired about before they will apply.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
- Military Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your car insurance rates slightly.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current Envoy XUV insurance policy. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for better car insurance rates.
- Use Seat Belts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars with one company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to track driving manner by installing a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for driver training, seat belt use, military active duty, multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, and anti-lock brakes.
- MetLife discounts include accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, good student, claim-free, good driver
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, and passive restraint.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including annual mileage, professional/association, type of vehicle, age of vehicle, ease of repair, and good driver.
- 21st Century has savings for automatic seat belts, 55 and older, student driver, anti-lock brakes, and theft prevention.
- Allstate includes discounts for resident student, defensive driver, passive restraint, multi-policy, and FullPay discount.
If you need lower rates, check with every company which discounts they offer. A few discounts may not be available in Chicago. If you would like to see a list of insurers that offer multiple discounts in Chicago, click here.
Most companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm give coverage prices on the web. Comparing prices online for GMC Envoy XUV insurance in Chicago is possible for anyone as you simply enter the coverages you want into the form. When complete, the system requests reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price based on the data you entered.
This makes comparing rates easy, and it’s very important to compare as many rates as possible in order to find the most affordable premium on insurance.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you duplicate the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you are getting an apples-to-apples comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below can provide quotes in Illinois. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Eight factors that influence insurance prices
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are less apparent such as your marital status or your commute time.
Listed below are some of the things used by your company to calculate rates.
Companies want multiple policies – Many car insurance companies give better rates to policyholders who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you already get this discount, it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal.
Drive a fast car and pay more – The performance of the car you need insurance for makes a big difference in how high your rates are. The lowest rates will generally be found on smaller low performance passenger vehicles, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors. Since the GMC Envoy XUV is considered a standard SUV, insurance will be slightly more when compared to the average rates in Chicago.
Raise physical damage deductibles and save – Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your GMC. Some examples of claims that would be covered are running into the backend of another car, hitting a deer, and burglary. Your deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. The more expense you’re willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
Safer the car lower the rate – Vehicles that have high safety ratings get lower rates. These vehicles reduce injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates directly to fewer claims which can result in lower premiums. If your GMC Envoy XUV earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
Men are more aggressive – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. They both are in accidents at about the same rate, but men get into accidents with more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men get ticketed for serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 tend to get in the most accidents and therefore pay the highest rates.
Expect high rates for teens – Inexperience drivers tend to be easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so car insurance rates are higher. Having to add a inexperienced driver onto a policy will cause a huge premium hike. Older drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.
Low credit score equals high premiums – An insured’s credit rating will be a significant factor in determining your rates. Insureds with excellent credit tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. So if your credit score can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your GMC Envoy XUV if you clean up your credit.
Small claims can cost you – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies in Illinois give lower rates to policyholders who are claim-free. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
Comparing rates from local Chicago car insurance agents
Many people would rather talk to a local agent and we recommend doing that One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Chicago that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you. Get lower rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an company requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How are they compensated?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Illinois?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Chicago?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
If you would like to find a reliable agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance agencies are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents partially due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Chicago that can give you rate quotes.
- Angela Roudez – State Farm Insurance Agent
1505 S State St – Chicago, IL 60605 – (312) 663-1820 – View Map
- Bill Dillard – State Farm Insurance Agent
516 W Diversey Pkwy – Chicago, IL 60614 – (773) 549-2605 – View Map
- Mike Matkowskyj – State Farm Insurance Agent
2452 W Chicago Ave – Chicago, IL 60622 – (773) 486-4444 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments so they can quote policies through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with less well-known companies which can be an advantage.
Below are independent agencies in Chicago that can give you price quotes.
- AArdvark Insurance Agency
1228 W Wilson Ave – Chicago, IL 60640 – (773) 961-8781 – View Map
- W.A. George Insurance Agency
155 N Michigan Ave #300 – Chicago, IL 60601 – (312) 729-5265 – View Map
- American Auto Insurance
3201 N Harlem Ave #1 – Chicago, IL 60634 – (773) 286-3500 – View Map
After you get good answers as well as offering an affordable quote, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that will service your policy. Just be aware that policyholders can terminate coverage any time you want so never assume that you are permanently stuck with the car insurance policy for the full policy term.
Best reasons to buy auto insurance in Illinois
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Envoy XUV, almost all lenders will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your GMC at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your GMC but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your GMC as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average American driver is wasting up to $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to save money.
One last thing to lower rates
Discount GMC Envoy XUV insurance in Chicago can be bought on the web as well as from independent agents in Chicago, so you need to quote Chicago auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who do not offer price quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers sell through independent agents.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims, not issuing a premium refund and even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching insurance companies can be easier than you think.
When buying insurance coverage, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
More information is available on the following sites:
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Chicago, IL? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)