Are you searching for the cheapest GMC Sierra insurance in Chicago? Trying to find low-cost insurance for a new or used GMC Sierra in Illinois can be difficult, but you can follow the following methods to save time.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for auto insurance and you need to know the best way to compare rates on a GMC and locate the lowest possible price.
If you’re already insured or need a new policy, follow these tips to buy cheaper insurance without having to cut coverage. Shopping for the best-priced insurance coverage in Chicago is easy to do. You only need an understanding of the best way to find the lowest price instantly.
Cheapest GMC insurance rate quotes in Chicago
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Chicago, IL. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sierra SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$98||$182||$250||$14||$76||$620||$52|
|Sierra SL Extended Cab 2WD||$96||$178||$246||$14||$74||$608||$51|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$150||$252||$268||$16||$80||$766||$64|
|Sierra SL Crew Cab 2WD||$160||$332||$294||$18||$88||$892||$74|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$178||$340||$250||$14||$76||$858||$72|
|Sierra SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$248||$550||$316||$18||$94||$1,226||$102|
|Sierra SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$160||$316||$274||$16||$82||$848||$71|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$160||$332||$294||$18||$88||$892||$74|
|Sierra SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$178||$364||$340||$20||$102||$1,004||$84|
|Sierra SL Crew Cab 4WD||$186||$322||$262||$16||$78||$864||$72|
|Sierra SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$138||$290||$316||$18||$94||$856||$71|
|Sierra SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$196||$392||$294||$18||$88||$988||$82|
|Sierra SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$134||$284||$294||$18||$88||$818||$68|
|Sierra Denali Crew Cab 2WD||$276||$632||$316||$18||$94||$1,336||$111|
|Sierra Denali Crew Cab 4WD||$134||$298||$294||$18||$88||$832||$69|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in Chicago location which can modify rates significantly.
Raise deductibles and save
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease GMC Sierra premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Males versus Females
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of GMC Sierra insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Take policy discounts and save on GMC Sierra insurance in Chicago
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every possible discount very well, so the below list has a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Chicago auto insurance online.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Chicago auto insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- Student in College – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Chicago without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars on the same car insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Mature drivers could receive a slight reduction on a Chicago auto insurance quote.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for discounted car insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
Discounts lower rates, but some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
Popular car insurance companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- American Family may have discounts that include accident-free, defensive driver, good student, early bird, and TimeAway discount.
- Nationwide has savings for multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, good student, defensive driving, business or organization, accident-free, and family plan.
- MetLife discounts include multi-policy, defensive driver, good student, accident-free, claim-free, and good driver.
- 21st Century has discounts for 55 and older, air bags, anti-lock brakes, early bird, automatic seat belts, and defensive driver.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for distant student, pay in full, electronic funds transfer, switch companies, youthful driver, early shopping, and teen driver.
- Allstate may include discounts for defensive driver, teenSMART discount, senior citizen, multi-policy, economy car, and anti-lock brakes.
When comparing rates, check with each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in your area. If you would like to see a list of insurers who offer online GMC Sierra insurance quotes in Chicago, follow this link.
Do I need special coverages?
When quoting and choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. You are unique so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions might point out whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Is pet coverage available?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- How high should deductibles be on a GMC Sierra?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Neighborhood agents and insurance
Many drivers still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get lower premium rates and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Chicago.
After filling out this short form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Chicago that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to find an agent since price quotes are sent to you. If you need to compare rates from a specific company, just visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
If you are searching for an insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance policy providers may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles properly, but we need to point out the differences since it can affect buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These agents often have many company appointments so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing rate quotes, you need to include multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection. A lot of them also have access to small regional insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Chicago that may be able to give you free insurance rate quotes.
- Active Insurance Agency – Auto Insurance
1034 N Ashland Ave – Chicago, IL 60622 – (773) 286-3473 – View Map
- Lakeview Insurance Agency, Ltd.
3438 N Southport Ave – Chicago, IL 60657 – (773) 871-8000 – View Map
- Public Insurance Agency
3656 N Cicero Ave – Chicago, IL 60641 – (773) 725-9333 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company’s prices and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Chicago that are able to give price quote information.
- Dave Rundle – State Farm Insurance Agent
4316 W 63rd St – Chicago, IL 60629 – (773) 735-0135 – View Map
- Gus Andrade – State Farm Insurance Agent
4355 W 26th St – Chicago, IL 60623 – (773) 521-0216 – View Map
- Mike Matkowskyj – State Farm Insurance Agent
2452 W Chicago Ave – Chicago, IL 60622 – (773) 486-4444 – View Map
Picking a insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How many years have they been established?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Does their agency support local causes in Chicago?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
The ad said I’d save $399 a year!
Illinois drivers can’t get away from all the ads for cheaper insurance from companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the ads have a common claim that people will save just by moving your insurance coverage to their company.
How does every company offer you a better deal on GMC Sierra insurance in Chicago? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Different companies have an ideal profile for the right customer that will not have excessive claims. One example of this type of insured could possibly be a married female, has no tickets, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. Any driver that fits those parameters will probably get the lowest car insurance rates and will probably save a lot of money.
Potential customers who don’t meet the “perfect” profile will see higher premium rates and this results in the customer not buying. The ads say “customers that switch” not “all people who quote” will save that much if they switch. That’s why insurance companies can lure you into getting a quote.
Because each company has a different risk profile, you really need to get as many free Chicago auto insurance quotes as possible. It’s just not possible to know which insurance company will have the lowest rate quotes.
A little work can save a LOT of money
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to save on GMC Sierra insurance in Chicago. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
As you quote Chicago auto insurance, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed full coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
To learn more, link through to the resources below:
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Chicago Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chicago Car Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Chicago Car Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)