Purchasing the most affordable Chicago Honda Crosstour insurance quotes is rather difficult for drivers new to quoting and comparison shopping on the internet. With so many companies competing online, how can drivers have the ability to compare every company in order to find better rates?
A recent insurance study discovered that most insurance buyers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. Drivers in Chicago can cut their rates by as much as $600 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate the actual amount they would save if they changed companies.
The purpose of this post is to let you in on the most effective ways to compare rates and some money-saving tips. If you’re already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to find the best rates using the following tips. Nevertheless, Illinois vehicle owners do need to learn how companies price insurance differently and apply this information to your search.
Best companies for Honda Crosstour insurance
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Illinois. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest car insurance rates.
What Determines Honda Crosstour Insurance Costs?
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. If you know what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
- Certain jobs pay higher rates – Do you work in a high-stress field? Jobs like doctors, executives and dentists have the highest average rates due to high stress and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, professions such as farmers, students and retirees get better rates.
- Drive less and get lower prices – The higher the mileage driven every year the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of companies calculate prices based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos that do not get driven very much qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. Incorrect rating for your Crosstour may be costing you higher rates. Make sure your insurance policy states the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Safety ratings are a factor – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safer cars reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates. If the Honda Crosstour earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
- Add-on coverages that may not be needed – There are quite a few extra add-on coverages that can add up but may not be useful. Insurance for things like vanishing deductibles, towing coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships could be just wasting money. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate them to save money.
- Combine home and auto and save – Most major insurance companies give a discount to people that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you already get this discount, drivers will still want to get quotes from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Increase comp and collision deductibles to save – Your deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket before your insurance pays a claim. Physical damage protection, aka comp and collision, protects your car from damage. Some examples of covered claims would be a windshield broken by a bird, collision with a deer, or theft of your vehicle. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- More performance means higher prices – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. The lowest base rates are usually found on small economy passenger vehicles, but other factors influence the final cost greatly. Since the Honda Crosstour is considered a crossover, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more compared to average rates in Chicago.
- Women tend to cost less – Statistics demonstrate that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Males and females cause fender benders in similar percentages, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically receive more costly citations such as reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 generally have the highest accident percentage so they pay the highest premiums.
Car insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Companies offering auto insurance do not list the entire discount list very clearly, so the following list contains both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save up to 20% and get you affordable Honda Crosstour insurance rates in Chicago.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow their company to monitor driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared with bad drivers.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Companies and a selection of discounts are:
- GEICO has discounts for military active duty, membership and employees, good student, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, and air bags.
- MetLife discounts include claim-free, defensive driver, good student, good driver, and accident-free.
- State Farm includes discounts for driver’s education, defensive driving training, good student, multiple autos, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, and student away at school.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including professional/association, accident-free, type of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, and age of vehicle.
- 21st Century may include discounts for homeowners, theft prevention, automatic seat belts, good student, and driver training.
- Allstate offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, farm vehicle, economy car, senior citizen, premier discount, defensive driver, and resident student.
When quoting, ask each insurance company to give you their best rates. Discounts may not apply to policies in Chicago.
Comparing rates from local Chicago car insurance agents
A small number of people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the best rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from local agents is definitely important in Chicago.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Chicago who will give you bids for your car insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact any agents because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You’ll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If you have a need to compare prices from one company in particular, you just need to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
The following is a short list of insurers in Chicago who can help you get comparison quotes for Honda Crosstour insurance in Chicago.
- Gus Andrade – State Farm Insurance Agent
4355 W 26th St – Chicago, IL 60623 – (773) 521-0216 – View Map
- Greg King – State Farm Insurance Agent
5508 S Lake Park Ave – Chicago, IL 60637 – (773) 643-6200 – View Map
- Linda Kuczka – State Farm Insurance Agent
954 W Webster Ave – Chicago, IL 60614 – (773) 975-9111 – View Map
- Dwayne Jackson – State Farm Insurance Agent
1345 W Taylor St – Chicago, IL 60607 – (312) 455-0675 – View Map
Finding the right insurance company should include more criteria than just a low price. A good agent in Chicago will have answers to these questions.
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- How are they compensated?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- How long have they been in business?
Car insurance advertising gotchas
Popular car insurance providers such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm continually stream television and radio advertisements. They all seem to make the promise of big savings if you get a free Chicago car insurance quote and switch to their company. How does every company charge you a lower premium?
Insurance companies are able to cherry pick for the type of customer that will not have excessive claims. An example of this type of risk profile may need to be between the ages of 30 and 45, carries full coverage, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. Any driver who fits those characteristics is entitled to the best price and will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Insureds who do not match the requirements will get more expensive rates which translates to business not being written. If you pay attention, the ads say “drivers who switch” not “everyone who quotes” save that much money. This is how insurance companies can lure you into getting a quote.
Because of this risk profiling, you need to compare as many free Chicago car insurance quotes as you can. Because without a comparison, you cannot know with any certainty which company will fit your personal profile best.
Cheaper auto insurance rates are possible
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
You just learned some good ideas how to find cheaper Honda Crosstour insurance in Chicago. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Honda Crosstour rate quotes. You may even discover the lowest prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
Some insurance companies do not provide price quotes online and many times these smaller companies sell through independent agents. Cheaper Honda Crosstour insurance in Chicago can be sourced both online and also from your neighborhood Chicago agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection.
Additional information can be read on the following sites:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Felons in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Chicago Auto Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chicago Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chicago Auto Insurance for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)