Comparing and finding cheap rates for Hyundai Ioniq insurance in Chicago may be difficult for drivers new to online insurance quotes. Drivers have so many options available that it can easily turn into a difficult situation to find better prices on Hyundai Ioniq insurance.
Statistics show that most Illinois insurance customers have remained with the same insurance company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. The average driver in the United States could save as much as 47% each year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Our goal in writing this article let you in on the most effective ways to compare rates. If you already have coverage, you will definitely be able to reduce the price you pay using these tips. Although Illinois car owners do need to understand how insurance companies charge you for coverage.
Cheap companies for Hyundai Ioniq insurance
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Chicago, IL. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Good Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Premiums
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that help calculate auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower premium levels. Lots of factors are used when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are less apparent like where you live or how financially stable you are.
The factors shown below are a few of the things used by your company to calculate your rate level.
- Save by driving less – The higher the mileage driven every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Many insurance companies charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Cars that do not get driven very much get more affordable rates than cars that get driven a lot. Ask your agent if your auto insurance policy states the proper vehicle usage. An improperly rated Ioniq can cost quite a bit.
- Bad credit hurts insurance costs – A driver’s credit score can be an important factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. People that have high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower credit scores. If your credit score is not that good, you could pay less to insure your Hyundai Ioniq by repairing your credit.
- Males are more aggressive – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Both genders tend to get into at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the males tend to have higher claims. They also get more serious tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Liability coverage limits on your policy – The liability section of your policy provides coverage if ever you are found liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost a lot. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
- Single drivers may pay higher prices – Having a spouse helps lower the price compared to being single. It translates into being more financially stable and insurance companies like that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Better premiums on safer cars – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles protect occupants better and fewer serious injuries means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates.
- Fast cars cost more to insure – The performance level of the car or truck you need insurance for makes a significant difference in determining your rates. The best insurance prices are usually found on small economy passenger models, but other factors influence the final cost greatly. Due to the fact that the Hyundai Ioniq is classified as a passenger car, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower than the average rate where you live in Chicago.
You may qualify for discounts for Hyundai Ioniq insurance in Chicago
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains some of the best known and the more hidden car insurance savings.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Chicago car insurance quote. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new Ioniq can be considerably cheaper because newer models are generally safer.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Hyundai could earn cheaper prices.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Online Discount – A handful of insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Professional Memberships – Having an affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount on car insurance.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive a discount up to 10%.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
Don’t be shocked that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
The best car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO offers discounts including membership and employees, good student, multi-policy, daytime running lights, driver training, defensive driver, and air bags.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for multi-policy, claim-free, accident-free, defensive driver, and good driver.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple autos, good student, passive restraint, student away at school, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for location of vehicle, good student, age of vehicle, annual mileage, multi-car, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- 21st Century has savings for theft prevention, air bags, student driver, homeowners, driver training, and teen driver.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including economy car, anti-theft, teenSMART discount, multi-policy, safe driver, farm vehicle, and anti-lock brakes.
Check with every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts may not apply in your state. To see a list of insurance companies who offer free Hyundai Ioniq insurance quotes in Illinois, click here.
Insurance agent or online?
A lot of people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The biggest benefit of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Chicago.
After completing this quick form, the quote information is submitted to insurance agents in Chicago who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to search for an agent as quotes are delivered to you. Get lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to compare rates for a specific company, just navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
If you are wanting to find a good Chicago insurance agent, you should know the different types of agents and how they operate. Agencies in Chicago can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents often have many company appointments so they can write business with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. When comparing auto insurance rates, you absolutely need to check rates from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many can place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below is a partial list of independent agencies in Chicago who may be able to give you free auto insurance quotes.
- Great Northern Insurance Agency
5632 S Pulaski Rd – Chicago, IL 60629 – (773) 838-3900 – View Map
- American Auto Insurance
3201 N Harlem Ave #1 – Chicago, IL 60634 – (773) 286-3500 – View Map
- ABI Insurance Agency
4806 N Milwaukee Ave – Chicago, IL 60630 – (773) 202-9666 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents can only write with one company such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand name instead of buying on price only.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Chicago that can give you comparison quotes.
- Mark Yun – State Farm Insurance Agent
223 W Cermak Rd, Fl-2 – Chicago, IL 60616 – (312) 225-8311 – View Map
- Mark Mackey – State Farm Insurance Agent
3338 W Foster Ave – Chicago, IL 60625 – (773) 604-4334 – View Map
- Glenda Tolentino-Moser – State Farm Insurance Agent
2015 W Montrose Ave – Chicago, IL 60618 – (773) 549-3300 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
Can you really save that much by switching?
Well-known insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive endlessly run television, radio, and online ads. All the companies say the same thing of big savings after switching your policy. That’s great but how can every company make the same claim? It’s all in how they say it.
All the different companies give the best rates for the type of driver that will be a good risk. For instance, a preferred risk might have to be between the ages of 30 and 45, owns their home, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. Anyone that meets those criteria will get low prices and will most likely cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who do not match this ideal profile will probably be forced to pay a more expensive rate which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save money. That’s the way companies can lure you into getting a quote.
Because of these techniques, it is so important to compare as many free Chicago car insurance quotes as you can. It’s just too difficult to predict with any certainty which company will have the lowest Hyundai Ioniq insurance in Chicago.
Quote more and you will save more
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including high prices, high rates after DUI convictions, policy cancellation and even delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, switching car insurance companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
You just learned some good ideas how to lower your Hyundai Ioniq insurance premium rates in Chicago. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Chicago car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
Some insurance providers don’t offer rate quotes online and these smaller companies work with local independent agents. Cheaper car insurance in Chicago can be found online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis.
Much more information about car insurance in Illinois can be found at the links below
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Chicago Auto Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for College Students in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Chicago Car Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest After a Speeding Ticket in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)