Trying to find the cheapest auto insurance rates in Chicago, IL? Chicago drivers have lots of choices when trying to find the best price on Hyundai Veracruz insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to compare rates. There are more efficient ways to find auto insurance online and you need to know the best way to price shop coverage on a Hyundai and locate the best price possible from both online companies and Chicago agents.
It’s astonishing, but the vast majority of auto insurance customers in Illinois kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Many drivers in the U.S. could save themselves almost 47% a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand the large savings they would see if they bought a different policy.
The method we recommend to compare rates for Hyundai Veracruz insurance in Chicago is to know the trick almost all companies will pay a fee to provide you with a free rate quote. All consumers are required to do is give them rating details including if you have an active license, your credit rating estimate, how your vehicles are used, and whether you are single or married. That rating information is instantly provided to multiple companies and you should receive rate quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To start a quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Illinois. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you compare several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Veracruz GLS 2WD||$124||$214||$222||$14||$66||$640||$53|
|Veracruz GLS AWD||$244||$458||$288||$18||$86||$1,094||$91|
|Veracruz Limited 2WD||$218||$468||$232||$14||$70||$1,002||$84|
|Veracruz Limited AWD||$196||$392||$232||$14||$70||$904||$75|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in specific location which can revise price quotes greatly.
Hyundai Veracruz liability-only versus full coverage
The diagram below examines Hyundai Veracruz premium costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The rate quotes are based on no accidents or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, married female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to buy liability coverage only
There isn’t a written rule to exclude physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Hyundai Veracruz replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are currently paying more than $600 a year for full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not remove full coverage.
Impact of careless driving on auto insurance rates
The chart below shows how traffic citations and at-fault collisions can impact Hyundai Veracruz annual premium costs for each different age group. The information is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Affordable Hyundai Veracruz insurance quotes in Chicago
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may find discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many discounts should be triggered at quote time, but less common discounts must be requested specifically before they will apply. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Defensive Driving Course – Participating in a defensive driver course could earn you a small percentage discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your car insurance provider.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Resident Student – College-age children who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college could get you a discount.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies with one company you could get a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Claim Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less as opposed to frequent claim filers.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will definitely reduce the amount you have to pay.
Some companies that may have most of these discounts include:
When getting free Chicago auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in your area. If you would like to view companies who offer discounts in Chicago, follow this link.
Why you need quality insurance for your Veracruz
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Hyundai, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Hyundai for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your Hyundai and your assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Veracruz are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so compare quotes from several companies once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
How to know if you need help
When buying the best auto insurance coverage, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Does my Hyundai Veracruz qualify for pleasure use?
- Who is covered when they drive my Hyundai Veracruz?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Will my Hyundai Veracruz be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Do I need an agent?
Many drivers would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Most agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to agents in your area that can give you free Chicago auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Picking an insurer shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Does their agency support local causes in Chicago?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Chicago?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Illinois?
If you would like to find a good Chicago insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agencies may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s important to point out how they are different because it can impact which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only write with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are usually well trained on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Chicago that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Tamika Echols – State Farm Insurance Agent
1611 N Clybourn Ave – Chicago, IL 60614 – (312) 944-9700 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Maribel Marron
3060 W Armitage Ave – Chicago, IL 60647 – (773) 572-9495 – View Map
- Mark Mackey – State Farm Insurance Agent
3338 W Foster Ave – Chicago, IL 60625 – (773) 604-4334 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, it’s recommended you include several independent insurance agents for the best price selection. A lot of them also have access to smaller companies which could offer lower prices.
Shown below are Chicago independent agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
- Serpe Insurance Agency
2538 N Lincoln Ave – Chicago, IL 60614 – (773) 871-0808 – View Map
- Thomas Ward Insurance Group
707 W Willow St – Chicago, IL 60614 – (312) 254-1500 – View Map
- Illinois Vehicle Auto Insurance (Xpert)
1858 W 18th St – Chicago, IL 60608 – (312) 226-1033 – View Map