Want to learn the secrets to finding lower-priced Chevy Cavalier insurance in Chicago? There isn’t a single person who likes paying for car insurance, especially knowing the cost is too high.
Regrettably, nearly 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never even compared rates from other companies. American drivers could save 46.5% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t understand how simple it is to compare rates. Numerous car insurance companies battle to insure your vehicles, so it’s not easy to compare every provider and get the best coverage at the lowest price on Chevy Cavalier insurance in Chicago.
You should make it a habit to compare premium rates yearly because car insurance rates change quite often. Even if you got the best premium rates on Chevy Cavalier insurance in Chicago last year you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re about to find out the easiest way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or are looking for a new policy, you can use this information to find better prices and still get good coverage. Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Chicago is actually quite easy if you know where to start. Drivers just have to know the most efficient way to compare different rates over the internet.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Chicago, IL. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insuring your Chevy vehicle just makes sense
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Illinois but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost all lenders will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Chevy at a more expensive rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Chicago overpays as much as $830 a year so shop around every year to ensure rates are inline.
Save 15 percent in 15 minutes? Is it for real?
Consumers in Illinois can’t ignore all the ads that claim the lowest premium rates from companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to make an identical promise of big savings just by moving your coverage to them.
But how can every company give you a better price on Chevy Cavalier insurance in Chicago?
Insurance providers have a preferred profile for the type of customer that is profitable for them. For instance, a desirable insured might have to be over age 30, carries full coverage, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. Any customer that meets those criteria gets the lowest prices as well as save money with a new company.
Drivers who don’t meet these criteria will get a more expensive rate and business going elsewhere. The ads say “drivers who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” can save as much as they claim. This is how companies can truthfully make it sound like they have such great rates. Because each company has a different risk profile, you need to get Chicago auto insurance quotes from several different companies. Because you cannot predict which insurance companies will provide the lowest Chevy Cavalier insurance in Chicago.
Get discounts on Chicago auto insurance
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there may be some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain credits will be shown at the time of purchase, but a few must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Driver Education Discount – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of auto insurance companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application on your computer.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles could earn cheaper auto insurance rates.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Insurance companies who might offer some of the discounts shown above are:
When getting free Chicago auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in every state.
Local Chicago insurance agents
Many drivers just want to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a great decision Good agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find better rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you would need to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on a insurance company is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Some important questions to ask are:
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Chicago?
- Who are their largest clients?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- How long have they been in business?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a good insurance agency, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they work. Car insurance policy providers can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both handle car insurance, but it’s important to point out the differences because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually well trained in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following are exclusive agencies in Chicago who can help you get price quotes.
Agents of this type often have many company appointments and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, it’s a good idea to include rate quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Chicago that can give you price quotes.
Once you have received satisfactory answers to all your questions as well as affordable Chevrolet Cavalier insurance rates in Chicago quotes, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to provide car insurance coverage.
Compare but don’t skimp
When shopping online for auto insurance, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where someone dropped full coverage only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
You just read some good ideas how you can reduce Chevy Cavalier insurance premium rates online in Chicago. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with the least-expected company. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Some auto insurance companies don’t offer price quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers work with independent agents. The cheapest Chevy Cavalier insurance in Chicago can be purchased online and from local agencies, so you need to compare both so you have a total pricing picture.
Additional auto insurance information can be read below: