Would you like to save money by finding more competitive auto insurance rates in Chicago, IL? Chicago consumers have many options when looking for the lowest priced Dodge Stratus insurance. They can either spend hours calling around getting price quotes or utilize the internet to make rate comparisons. There are both good and bad ways to find auto insurance online so you’re going to learn the proper way to compare rates for a new or used Dodge and obtain the lowest price either online or from Chicago insurance agents.
It’s a great practice to check auto insurance prices once or twice a year because auto insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you found the lowest price on Dodge Stratus insurance in Chicago two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. You’ll find a ton of advice on Stratus insurance online, but in this article, you’re going to get some good information on how to reduce your auto insurance bill.
Choosing the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Chicago is really quite easy. If you have insurance now, you will be able to shop for the lowest rates using this information. Consumers only have to learn how to compare rate quotes instantly.
The companies in the list below provide comparison quotes in Illinois. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though Chicago Stratus insurance rates can get expensive, car insurance is required by state law in Illinois and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Stratus, it’s most likely the lender will require you to have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Dodge. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Dodge Stratus insurance in Chicago
Some companies don’t always list all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains both well-publicized and also the lesser-known car insurance savings. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Stratus insurance in Chicago.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with multiple cars with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles can earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Good Students Pay Less – Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Paperwork-free – A few larger online companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on your computer.
Don’t be surprised that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The best car insurance companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, and online quote discount.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for five-year accident-free, military active duty, anti-theft, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, student away at school, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, and accident-free.
- Esurance includes discounts for multi-policy, safety device, claim free, anti-lock brakes, and Switch & Save.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include good student, driver training, air bag, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, bundle, and anti-theft.
It’s a good idea to ask every company how you can save money. A few discounts might not apply in your state.
Neighborhood agents and car insurance
A small number of people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is OK! Professional agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to local insurance agents that can provide free Chicago car insurance quotes for your business. You don’t have to leave your house as quotes are delivered to you. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, just visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Before buying a policy in Chicago, get answers to these questions.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Is there a local claims center in Chicago?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
Do I need special coverages?
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different so this has to be addressed.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your situation may require specific advice.
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Illinois?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Shop around and save
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
You just read a lot of techniques to reduce Dodge Stratus insurance car insurance rates online in Chicago. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Chicago car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. Smaller companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Lower-priced insurance in Chicago can be purchased on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Chicago car insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not offer online quoting and many times these smaller providers only sell through local independent agencies.
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- How Much are Chicago Auto Insurance Quotes for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chicago Car Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chicago Auto Insurance for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- How Much are Chicago Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)