Trying to find lower-priced Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Chicago? Finding cheap rates on Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Chicago can seem to be frustrating for drivers new to quoting and comparing prices online. With such a large number of insurers to choose from, it can easily be a difficult mission to find the lowest price on Ford Fusion Energi insurance.
Amazingly, most Illinois car insurance customers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for more than four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many drivers in the U.S. could cut their rates by 47% a year just by shopping around, but most just don’t grasp the amount of money they would save if they just switched companies.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Chicago is quite easy. Virtually every car owner who comparison shops for car insurance will most likely be able to reduce their rates. Nevertheless, Illinois drivers must understand the methods companies use to price online insurance.
Keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area helps increase your odds of locating more affordable insurance. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide price estimates online, so it’s recommended that you also compare price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies in the list below can provide price comparisons in Chicago, IL. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Chicago
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even be aware of. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but some insurance companies may permit one accident without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a course that instructs on driving safety could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Early Signing – A few insurance companies give discounts for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current Fusion Energi insurance policy. It can save you around 10%.
- Telematics Data – Chicago drivers who agree to allow their auto insurance company to analyze driving manner by installing a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Teen drivers should take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Good Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- Claim-Free Discount – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less compared to accident-prone drivers.
Discounts lower rates, but most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts are:
When quoting, ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in Chicago. For a list of insurers that offer many of these discounts in Illinois, click here.
Exclusive or independent auto insurance agents
A lot of people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a great decision A nice benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that you can find lower premium rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your information gets sent to local insurance agents that provide free Chicago auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to even leave your home because prices are sent instantly to you. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to compare prices from a particular provider, feel free to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Chicago?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Illinois?
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you are searching for a good Chicago insurance agent, there are two types of insurance agents to choose from. Agents in Chicago are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so you might not find the best rates. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. A lot of people use the same agent primarily because of the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Chicago willing to provide rate quotes.
- John Kim – State Farm Insurance Agent
5700 N Lincoln Ave #209 – Chicago, IL 60659 – (773) 561-1700 – View Map
- Angela Roudez – State Farm Insurance Agent
1505 S State St – Chicago, IL 60605 – (312) 663-1820 – View Map
- Jim Tom – State Farm Insurance Agent
4317 N Lincoln Ave – Chicago, IL 60618 – (773) 477-3300 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not limited to a single company and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing auto insurance prices, you need to contact a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. A lot of them also have access to companies you’ve never heard of that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Chicago who can help you get price quotes.
- Beyer Insurance Agency
35 E Upper Wacker Dr #1730 – Chicago, IL 60601 – (312) 922-5300 – View Map
- Serpe Insurance Agency
2538 N Lincoln Ave – Chicago, IL 60614 – (773) 871-0808 – View Map
- Riehn Insurance
4541 N Lincoln Ave – Chicago, IL 60625 – (773) 561-4200 – View Map
Why You Might Pay Lower Rates in Chicago
Lots of factors are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but others are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
Marriage equates to better premiums – Walking down the aisle can actually save you money on your auto insurance bill. Having a significant other usually means you are less irresponsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Always have auto insurance – Allowing your coverage to lapse can be a guaranteed way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance could result in a revoked license or a big fine.
Keep premiums low by being claim-free – Insurance companies in Illinois give the best rates to drivers who only file infrequent claims. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your car insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
Occupation stress can make you pay more – Occupations like lawyers, business owners and financial analysts tend to have higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to job stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, occupations like actors, historians and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
Why you need Fusion Energi insurance in Illinois
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford Fusion Energi insurance, buying auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Ford, almost all lenders will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in America is overpaying over $800 each year so compare quotes from several companies once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
One last thing about your coverage
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can save on Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Chicago. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the best rates are with the smaller companies.
While you’re price shopping online, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped collision coverage to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
Cheaper Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Chicago is definitely available on the web and with local Chicago insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not have the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agencies.
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Chicago Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Chicago Auto Insurance for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)