When trying to find more affordable insurance, do you get overwhelmed by the number of insurance providers that you can choose from? Lot’s of other drivers are too. Vehicle owners have so many providers available that it can really be a real difficult job to find lower insurance rates on GMC Envoy insurance. Chicago has many things to offer, but finding the money to pay for insurance can make it nearly impossible for many drivers to afford coverage.
Unbelievable but true, nearly 70% of consumers have been with the same company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Many drivers in the United States can save up to $860 each year by just shopping around, but they underestimate the rate savings if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Chicago is really quite easy. If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to save money using this information. But Illinois consumers can benefit from knowing the methods companies use to calculate your policy premium and apply this information to your search.
How to compare Chicago GMC Envoy insurance quotes
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to obtain and compare prices from car insurance companies in your area. The recommended way to compare rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
Just remember that comparing more prices helps you find more affordable insurance.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Illinois. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need quality insurance for your vehicle
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Chicago, maintaining insurance is required in Illinois but it also protects you in many ways.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your vehicle with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your GMC for a lot more money and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your GMC as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. An average driver in America overpays more than $865 each year so compare rates at every policy renewal to save money.
Smart Consumers Can Reduce Insurance Rates
Lots of factors are used when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but others are not as apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven. When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that come into play when calculating your premiums. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
The items below are some of the items utilized by car insurance companies to help set your premiums.
- Combining policies can get discounts – Lots of insurers provide better rates to customers who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to ten percent or more. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Liability protection safeguards assets – Liability insurance will provide protection if you are responsible for an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Know your vehicle’s IIHS safety rating – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Premiums increase with driving tickets – Only having one chargeable violation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as thirty percent. Attentive drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have gotten careless violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to complete a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive.
- Premiums are impacted by vehicle performance – The type of car you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in how high your rates are. The lowest base rates are usually found on economy passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors. Since the GMC Envoy is a standard SUV, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more than the average rate where you live in Chicago.
- Single vs. married – Walking down the aisle actually saves money on your policy. Marriage translates into being more responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Deter theft and save – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can earn a premium discount. Systems that thwart thieves like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help stop your car from being stolen.
- Premiums can be impacted by your vocation – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Careers such as military generals, social workers and financial analysts tend to pay higher rates than the rest of us in part from intense work-related stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, jobs such as actors, athletes and performers receive lower rates.
Companies offer many discounts on GMC Envoy insurance in Chicago
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list every possible discount very clearly, so the next list breaks down some of the best known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Chicago car insurance online.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Chicago car insurance with a few car insurance companies.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO may permit one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims before the accident.
- Senior Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 could receive lower premium rates.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching companies before your current Envoy insurance policy expires. You may see this discount when you get Chicago car insurance quotes online.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your GMC may allow you to get substantially lower car insurance rates.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims get the best car insurance rates in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Large car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for defensive driver, claim-free, accident-free, multi-policy, and good driver.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include multi-car, professional/association, annual mileage, ease of repair, multi-policy, anti-theft, and age of vehicle.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, good student, and easy pay.
- GEICO discounts include defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, driver training, and air bags.
- AAA offers discounts for pay-in-full, good driver, good student, multi-policy, multi-car, and anti-theft.
It’s a good idea to ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state. If you would like to view insurance companies who offer discounts in Chicago, follow this link.
Comparing prices from local Chicago auto insurance agents
Some people would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is just fine! The best thing about comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Chicago who will return price quotes for your business. There is no reason to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. You can find the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, you would need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Selecting a provider shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Are they full-time agents?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
The type of auto insurance agent you choose is important
If you want a local agent, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they operate. Insurance policy providers can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Some people will only use the same agent mostly because of high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Chicago that are able to give rate quotes.
- Jim Mays Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
4465 N Milwaukee Ave – Chicago, IL 60630 – (773) 282-1500 – View Map
- Russ Spinelli – State Farm Insurance Agent
1525 E 53rd St #727 – Chicago, IL 60615 – (773) 955-3133 – View Map
- Bill Dillard – State Farm Insurance Agent
516 W Diversey Pkwy – Chicago, IL 60614 – (773) 549-2605 – View Map
These agents can quote rates with many companies so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company and that require little work on your part.
If you need lower rates, you should always compare prices from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with different regional companies that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Chicago that can give you rate quotes.
- Northwest Insurance Network
330 S Wells St #1600 – Chicago, IL 60606 – (312) 427-1777 – View Map
- Public Insurance Agency
3656 N Cicero Ave – Chicago, IL 60641 – (773) 725-9333 – View Map
- Edwards Insurance Agency, Inc.
11113 S Kedzie Ave – Chicago, IL 60655 – (773) 396-5526 – View Map
Smart consumers save more
As you prepare to switch companies, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, an insured cut liability coverage limits only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like policy non-renewal, policy cancellation, questionable increases in premium and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, finding a new car insurance company is not as hard as you think.
You just read a lot of ways to shop for GMC Envoy insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Chicago car insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
More detailed car insurance information is located at these sites:
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70 in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Wrangler in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)