Searching for budget-priced Chicago Honda CR-V insurance quotes online might seem impossible for people who are beginners to quoting and comparing prices online. With more and more insurers available, how are we expected to even start to compare every one to find the lowest price available?
A recent study showed that a large majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and just under half have never shopped around. With the average insurance premium being $1,498, Illinois drivers could pocket as much as 40% a year by just shopping around, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rate quotes.
It’s a good idea to compare prices at least once a year since prices are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the best quotes on Honda CR-V insurance in Chicago at your last renewal you can probably find a lower rate today. There is lot of inaccurate information about CR-V insurance online, but we’re going to give you the easiest ways to find affordable insurance in Chicago.
The best way we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area is to take advantage of the fact most of the larger companies actually pay money for the chance to give you rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is give them rating details including whether you have decent credit, driver ages, daily mileage, and whether you are single or married. Your insurance information is sent automatically to multiple top-rated companies and you will get price comparisons with very little delay.
To compare multiple company cheap Honda CR-V insurance rates now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Chicago.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in Chicago, IL. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CR-V LX 2WD||$94||$172||$250||$14||$76||$606||$51|
|CR-V EX 2WD||$138||$238||$214||$12||$64||$666||$56|
|CR-V LX 4WD||$112||$192||$214||$12||$64||$594||$50|
|CR-V EX 4WD||$174||$274||$232||$14||$70||$764||$64|
|CR-V EX-L 2WD||$216||$376||$288||$18||$86||$984||$82|
|CR-V EX-L 4WD||$224||$344||$300||$18||$90||$976||$81|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in garaging location in Chicago which can raise or lower prices substantially.
Should you raise deductibles?
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Honda CR-V annual premium costs for each different age group. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Insurance just makes sense
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Honda CR-V in Chicago, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Honda has a lien holder, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Honda at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in Illinois is overpaying more than $810 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to save money.
Informed Consumers Save on Insurance
Lots of factors are considered when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but some are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating. The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that aid in calculating your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get lower rates.
Shown below are a few of the things companies use to determine your premiums.
Lower insurance rates with uninterrupted coverage – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a fast way to increase your renewal premiums. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you fines or a revoked license.
Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a huge difference in determining your rates. Since the Honda CR-V is classified as a standard SUV, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more as compared to the average rate in Chicago. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Your car’s features help determine prices – Driving a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help bring down rates. Systems that thwart thieves such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent vehicle theft.
Premiums are high for teenagers – Teen drivers in Illinois have been known to get distracted easily when driving and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a teen driver to your policy can be quite pricey. Older people are shown to be more cautious, cost insurance companies less in claims, and usually have better credit.
Pleasure use saves money – The more miles you rack up on your Honda annually the more it will cost to insure it. Almost all companies calculate prices based on their usage. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Verify your vehicle rating properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle. An incorrectly rated CR-V can result in significantly higher rates.
Do you really need roadside assistance? – There are a lot of additional extra coverages that can add up if you aren’t careful. Things like rental car coverage, accidental death, and Farm Bureau memberships are probably not needed. They may seem like a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but now you might not need them so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Insurance loss data for Honda CR-V vehicles – Insurers use past loss statistics for each vehicle when they calculate premium costs for each model. Models that the data determines to have higher loss trends will be charged more to insure. The table shown below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Honda CR-V vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, equals 100. Numbers under 100 represent a good loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or statistically larger claims.
Honda CR-V Insurance Claim Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Honda CR-V 4dr 2WD||68||81||58||93||86||77|
|Honda CR-V 4dr 4WD||69||82||69||90||87||78|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance quotes and discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may find discounts that can help lower your rates. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on CR-V insurance in Chicago.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Telematics Data – Policyholders that allow their company to look at driving patterns by using a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you could save up to 20% off your total CR-V insurance premium.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off with a few insurance companies.
You can save money using discounts, but most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
Companies that may offer quotes with some of the above discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with each insurance company the best way to save money. Some discounts might not apply in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Chicago, click here to view.
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
When it comes to proper insurance coverage, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Exclusive and independent car insurance agents
Some consumers would rather buy from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for neighborhood agents is definitely important in Chicago.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your information gets sent to local insurance agents in Chicago who will give you quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can find better rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to compare rates for a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
The following are Chicago insurance companies willing to provide rate quotes for Honda CR-V insurance in Chicago.
- Sylvia Torres Underhill – State Farm Insurance Agent
2422 S Oakley Ave – Chicago, IL 60608 – (773) 376-1166 – View Map
- Eagle Insurance Agency
3517 N Spaulding Ave – Chicago, IL 60618 – (773) 463-7576 – View Map
- Dave Rundle – State Farm Insurance Agent
4316 W 63rd St – Chicago, IL 60629 – (773) 735-0135 – View Map
- Northwest Insurance Network Inc
4450 N Western Ave – Chicago, IL 60625 – (773) 433-3300 – View Map
Finding a good insurance company requires you to look at more than just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- How often do they review coverages?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Chicago?
Persistent drivers can save
Cheap Honda CR-V insurance in Chicago is attainable both online and with local Chicago insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agencies.
When getting Chicago auto insurance quotes online, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chicago Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Bad Credit in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How Much are Chicago Auto Insurance Rates for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)