Looking for low-cost Kia Forte insurance in Chicago? Finding cheaper insurance for a Kia Forte in Illinois could be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our insurance buying tips to make it easier. There are both good and bad ways to shop for insurance and we’ll show you the best way to quote coverages for your Kia and obtain the cheapest rates either online or from Chicago insurance agents.
Unimaginable but true, the majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Illinois consumers could cut their rates by approximately $586 a year, but they don’t believe how much they could save if they switch to a new company.
You need to compare premium rates before your policy renews since prices go up and down regularly. If you had the best deal on Kia Forte insurance in Chicago last year there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest and easiest way to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
How to compare free Chicago Kia Forte insurance quotes
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Illinois. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Forte LX 4-Dr Sedan||$194||$316||$340||$20||$102||$972||$81|
|Forte EX 4-Dr Sedan||$108||$172||$274||$16||$82||$652||$54|
|Forte SX 4-Dr Sedan||$156||$262||$352||$20||$106||$896||$75|
|Forte EX 2-Dr Coupe||$260||$400||$386||$22||$116||$1,184||$99|
|Forte SX 2-Dr Coupe||$156||$310||$398||$24||$120||$1,008||$84|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in specific Chicago garaging location which can impact prices substantially.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper auto insurance rates
The information below illustrates how traffic citations and accident claims can affect Kia Forte insurance premiums for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Take policy discounts and save on Kia Forte insurance in Chicago
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but you may be missing some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy before your current Forte insurance policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide without raising rates so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
Please keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, driver’s education, good student, multiple autos, good driver, student away at school, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, good student, and homeowner.
- Travelers offers discounts for multi-policy, continuous insurance, driver training, good student, and save driver.
- American Family offers discounts including defensive driver, early bird, air bags, good student, Steer into Savings, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for safety features, newly married, teen driver discount, preferred payment discount, hybrid vehicle, new graduate, and good student.
If you are trying to find cheaper Chicago auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not apply in every state. To find providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Chicago, click here.
Are auto insurance agents a thing of the past?
Some consumers would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is OK! Experienced insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to companies in Chicago that can provide free Chicago auto insurance quotes for your business. There is no need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If you need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking an provider is decision based upon more than just the price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
When searching for a good insurance agency, there are two types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance policy providers can be described as either independent or exclusive. Either one can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s worth learning how they differ since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are well trained on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand name instead of buying on price only.
Below are exclusive agents in Chicago willing to provide price quotes.
- Mark Yun – State Farm Insurance Agent
223 W Cermak Rd, Fl-2 – Chicago, IL 60616 – (312) 225-8311 – View Map
- Jim Mays Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
4465 N Milwaukee Ave – Chicago, IL 60630 – (773) 282-1500 – View Map
- Judith Gleason – State Farm Insurance Agent
2643 N Harlem Ave – Chicago, IL 60707 – (773) 637-8547 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not have single company limitations and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below are independent agents in Chicago that can give you price quote information.
- Great Northern Insurance Agency
5632 S Pulaski Rd – Chicago, IL 60629 – (773) 838-3900 – View Map
- Skyline Insurance Agency, Inc.
2302 W Belmont Ave – Chicago, IL 60618 – (773) 525-7500 – View Map
- Serpe Insurance Agency
2538 N Lincoln Ave – Chicago, IL 60614 – (773) 871-0808 – View Map
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When selecting your policy for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions might point out if you could use an agent’s help.
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Illinois?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Insurance Price Influencing Factors
When buying insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that may result in better insurance rates.
The itemized list below are a few of the things used by companies to determine your rates.
Job stress can affect rates – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Occupations like lawyers, airline pilots, and accountants have higher average rates attributed to intense work-related stress and long work hours. On the flip side, jobs like scientists, students and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average.
Pay less with a high NHTSA crash test rating – Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and fewer serious injuries means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you. If your Kia is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
Which gender costs less? – Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Females and males get in auto accidents at about the same rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more costly citations like driving under the influence (DUI).
Small coverages can add up – There are a lot of extra bells and whistles that may not really be needed if you don’t pay attention. Coverages for coverage for rental cars, accident forgiveness, and term life insurance could be just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them from your policy.
Do you know you’re credit rating? – Having a bad credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Kia Forte if you clean up your credit. Drivers who have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores.
Tickets mean higher costs – Being a careful driver has a huge affect on how much you pay. Careful drivers receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. Only having one moving violation may increase your cost by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have received license-revoking violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find that they have to to maintain a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
Kia Forte insurance loss data – Car insurance companies factor in insurance loss information to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Vehicles that have higher loss trends will have higher premium rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Kia Forte vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 point to more losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Kia Forte Insurance Claim Statistics
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three reasons to insure your Kia vehicle
Even though Chicago Forte insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is required in Illinois but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Kia, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Kia for a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves your Kia and your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. But the average driver in Illinois overpays as much as $700 annually so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Quote more to save more
Some insurance companies do not offer rates over the internet and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents. Lower-priced Kia Forte insurance in Chicago is available from both online companies in addition to many Chicago insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to find affordable Kia Forte insurance in Chicago. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even discover the lowest premium rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, unfair underwriting practices and even high prices. Whatever your reason, switching companies is easier than you think.
To learn more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chicago Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)