Searching for lower-priced auto insurance rates in Chicago, IL? Chicago drivers have a choice when trying to find the best price on Lexus RC 200t insurance. You can either spend your time calling around to get rate comparisons or use the internet to find the lowest rates. There is a better way to buy auto insurance and you need to know the proper way to quote coverages for your Lexus and find the lowest possible price from Chicago insurance agents and online providers.
It’s important to compare premium rates before your next renewal because auto insurance prices change regularly. Even if you think you had the best deal on Lexus RC 200t insurance in Chicago a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. You’ll find a ton of advice on RC 200t insurance online, but we’re going to give you some good information on how to stop overpaying for insurance in Chicago.
If you already have coverage or are looking for a new policy, you can use these tips to find better prices and possibly find even better coverage. This information will instruct you on how car insurance companies work and also save some money in the process Smart buyers just need to learn the proper methods to compare insurance rates over the internet.
How to find low cost Lexus RC 200t insurance in Chicago
Finding a lower price on Lexus RC 200t insurance is not rocket science. You just need to take a few minutes comparing free Chicago auto insurance quotes to discover which company has affordable Chicago auto insurance quotes.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Chicago, IL. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
Insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the high insurance cost for a Lexus RC 200t in Chicago, insurance is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Lexus, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Lexus at a much higher rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Lexus as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. On average, a vehicle owner in Chicago is wasting up to $830 a year so you should quote and compare rates every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Brand name doesn’t guarantee savings
Illinois consumers can’t get away from ads for cheaper auto insurance from the likes of Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. All the companies advertise the message of big savings if you move your coverage.
Is it even possible that every company can have lower policy pricing? It’s all in the wording.
Insurance companies have an ideal profile for the type of driver that earns them the most money. One example of a profitable insured should be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. Someone that matches those criteria may get the lowest prices in Chicago and will most likely save when switching.
Potential customers who don’t meet the “perfect” profile must pay higher premium rates and this results in the customer buying from a different company. If you pay attention, the ads say “drivers who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that much money. That’s why companies can truthfully make those statements. This really illustrates why you absolutely need to quote coverage with many companies. It is impossible to predict the company that will have better prices than you’re paying now.
You may qualify for discounts for Lexus RC 200t insurance in Chicago
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you can get discounts that may help make it more affordable. A few discounts will be applied at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking a course in defensive driving can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Distant Student Discount – Any of your kids living away from Chicago attending college without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Being a homeowner can save you money because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Active Service Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower insurance rates.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some larger companies reward drivers for signing up before your current coverage expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Low Miles Discount – Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn slightly better premium rates than normal.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents pay less in comparison to bad drivers.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
Discounts save money, but please remember that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic. But all discounts will help lower the premium cost.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, good student, multiple policy, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, and student away at school.
- GEICO has savings for seat belt use, membership and employees, military active duty, anti-theft, and anti-lock brakes.
- Allstate includes discounts for teenSMART discount, anti-lock brakes, 55 and retired, good payer, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for multi-car, accident prevention training, anti-theft, teen safety rewards, drive less, teen safe driver, and homeowner.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include good student, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, and 55 and retired.
- Progressive discounts include good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- AAA offers premium reductions for anti-theft, multi-car, good student, education and occupation, and pay-in-full.
When quoting, ask each company or agent which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in your area. To locate insurance companies who offer discounts in Chicago, click here.
Buying insurance from Chicago insurance agencies
Certain consumers would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is you can get lower car insurance rates and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Chicago who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your house as quotes are delivered to you directly. If you need to compare rates from a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. These questions are important to ask:
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Chicago?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reputable agency, it helps to know the two different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Chicago agents are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types of agents can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are usually well trained on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand name instead of buying on price only.
Below are exclusive agents in Chicago who may provide you with price quotes.
- Liane Williams – State Farm Insurance Agent
3143 W 71st St – Chicago, IL 60629 – (773) 436-7500 – View Map
- Angela Roudez – State Farm Insurance Agent
1505 S State St – Chicago, IL 60605 – (312) 663-1820 – View Map
- Gus Andrade – State Farm Insurance Agent
4355 W 26th St – Chicago, IL 60623 – (773) 521-0216 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents do not write with just one company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you will definitely want to compare prices from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of which could offer lower prices.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Chicago that are able to give rate quotes.
- Illinois Vehicle Auto Insurance (Xpert)
1858 W 18th St – Chicago, IL 60608 – (312) 226-1033 – View Map
- Talro Insurance Agency
4900 W Belmont Ave – Chicago, IL 60641 – (773) 205-8255 – View Map
- Public Insurance Agency
3656 N Cicero Ave – Chicago, IL 60641 – (773) 725-9333 – View Map
After receiving positive responses to all your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that will adequately provide insurance.
Auto insurance can get complicated
When buying your policy for your vehicles, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Chicago?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Don’t give up on affordable premiums
You just learned many tips how you can get a better price on Lexus RC 200t insurance in Chicago. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Cost effective Lexus RC 200t insurance can be purchased on the web and also from your neighborhood Chicago agents, so get free Chicago auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Veterans in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chicago Auto Insurance for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)