Looking for cheaper Mazda MPV insurance in Chicago? Getting cheap Chicago Mazda MPV insurance quotes on the web can be rather challenging for beginners to price shopping on the web. With so many options of insurance companies available, how can you have the ability to compare every company in order to find the lowest price available?
Amazlingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that nearly 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Consumers in Illinois can cut their rates by almost $600 a year by just comparing quotes, but most undervalue how much money they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Chicago can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. If you’re already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce the price you pay using the following tips. But Illinois consumers can benefit by having an understanding of how the larger insurance companies calculate your insurance rates.
When shopping for cheaper Chicago auto insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from different Chicago insurance companies. One of the best ways to find the cheapest Mazda MPV insurance rates is to jump online and get quotes.
Just remember that obtaining a wide range of quotes will increase your chances of finding the best price.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Chicago, IL. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Three reasons insurance is important
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Mazda in Chicago, paying for insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability in order to be legal. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your MPV, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Mazda at a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance preserves not only your Mazda MPV but also your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Informed Drivers Know How to Find Car Insurance Cheaper
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that may result in big savings. Lots of factors are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but other factors are less obvious like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
The factors shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by companies to determine premiums.
- The higher your credit history the lower your prices – Credit score factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Insureds with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower credit ratings. If your credit history can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Mazda MPV by improving your credit score.
- Liability coverage – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if ever a jury decides you are liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. This coverage provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. It is affordable coverage as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- Save money by eliminating add-on coverages – There are a lot of additional coverages that you can buy if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for things like rental car coverage, towing coverage, and membership fees may not be needed and are just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when discussing your needs, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- Fewer miles means better costs – The more you drive your Mazda in a year the more you will pay for car insurance. A lot of companies rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much can be on a lower rate level than cars that get driven a lot. A policy that improperly rates your MPV is just wasting money. Ask your agent if your car insurance declarations sheet shows the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
- Rates increase with driving citations – A bad driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Having just one moving violation could increase your next policy renewal to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who don’t get tickets pay lower auto insurance prices compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have flagrant violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving might be required by their state to prove financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Car insurance rates and age – Older drivers tend to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Youthful drivers have a tendency to be inattentive and easily distracted behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates.
Don’t overlook these Mazda MPV insurance discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might be missing out on some discounts to help bring down the price. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically before being credited.
- Seat Belts Save – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- Driving Data Discount – Policyholders that allow companies to study driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Student Driver Training – Teen drivers should successfully take a driver’s education course if it’s offered in school.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Pay Early and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like you could get a free insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your policy cost.
Larger insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, and good student.
- The Hartford has savings for air bag, defensive driver, good student, anti-theft, and driver training.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including low natural disaster claims, good student, type of vehicle, age of vehicle, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may include discounts for daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, defensive driver, air bags, and seat belt use.
- AAA includes discounts for education and occupation, multi-policy, good student, AAA membership discount, good driver, anti-theft, and multi-car.
- State Farm has discounts for Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, anti-theft, good driver, and good student.
Double check with each company the best way to save money. A few discounts may not be available in your state. To locate companies who offer discounts in Chicago, click here to view.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When quoting and comparing your policy, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you and your insurance should be unique as well.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether you may require specific advice.
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Chicago insurance agencies?
Some people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your information is emailed to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent instantly to you. You’ll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing an insurer requires more thought than just the premium amount. These questions are important to ask:
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- If they are an independent agency in Chicago, which companies do they recommend?
- Where are claims handled?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
Listed below is a list of insurers in Chicago who can help you get rate quotes for Mazda MPV insurance in Chicago.
- Grace Murray – State Farm Insurance Agent
7035 W Grand Ave – Chicago, IL 60707 – (708) 453-1771 – View Map
- John Kim – State Farm Insurance Agent
5700 N Lincoln Ave #209 – Chicago, IL 60659 – (773) 561-1700 – View Map
- Talro Insurance Agency
4900 W Belmont Ave – Chicago, IL 60641 – (773) 205-8255 – View Map
- Zeiler Insurance Services, Inc.
3660 E 106th St – Chicago, IL 60617 – (773) 375-3600 – View Map
After talking to the agent and getting good responses to all your questions and a good coverage price, most likely you have located an insurer that is reliable enough to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Auto insurance savings summarized
Lower-priced Mazda MPV insurance in Chicago can be sourced from both online companies and with local Chicago insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. The aim is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Car Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Santa Fe? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Uber Drivers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)