Did you come to the realization that you have high-priced Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Chicago? Don’t sweat it because you’re not alone.
Unfortunately, most auto insurance buyers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Many consumers in Illinois could save an average of nearly $586 each year by just shopping around, but they don’t know the actual amount they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Consumers have so many car insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and even though it’s nice to have a choice, it can be more difficult to find the lowest rates for Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Chicago.
It’s a good idea to price shop coverage occasionally because auto insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you think you had the best deal on Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Chicago on your last policy you can probably find a better price now. There is a lot of bad advice regarding C350 insurance out there, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some proven techniques to reduce your auto insurance bill.
Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Chicago is not rocket science. If you already have coverage, you stand a good chance to be able to save money using this strategy. But Illinois car owners need to learn the way insurance companies determine how much to charge and use it to your advantage.
When comparing insurance rates, know that obtaining a wide range of quotes will increase your chances of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Chicago, IL. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|C350 W 4-Dr Sedan||$142||$266||$268||$16||$80||$772||$64|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in specific garaging location which can decrease or increase premium rates significantly.
Male drivers versus female drivers
The information below compares Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance rates for male and female drivers. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Higher deductibles save money
The information below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can impact Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance costs for each different age category. The prices are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
You may qualify for discounts for Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Chicago
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even know about. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but a few must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Early Signing – Select larger companies give a discount for switching companies before your current coverage expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings since home ownership is proof of financial responsibility.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government could provide a small rate reduction with some car insurance companies.
- Resident Student – Kids who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will bring down the amount you have to pay.
Auto insurance companies that may offer policyholders these money-saving discounts include:
Check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some credits might not be offered on policies in your state. For a list of companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Chicago, click here.
The Mercedes-Benz C350 Insurance Rate Equation
Many factors are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but others are less apparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven. Smart consumers have a good feel for a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine the rates you pay for insurance. When you understand what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in big savings.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Most insurance companies provide better rates to insureds who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can be ten percent or more. Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to shop around to ensure the best deal.
- Premiums may be higher where you live – Choosing to live in areas with lower population has it’s advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. Drivers in populated Illinois areas tend to have congested traffic and more severe claims. Spending more time driving can result in more accidents.
- Teenage driver insurance premiums – Young drivers in Illinois are statistically proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving with friends so insurance rates are higher. Having to add a youthful driver onto a policy will cause a huge premium hike. More experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Only buy extra coverages you need – Policies have additional extra coverages that you can buy if you don’t pay attention. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, death and dismemberment, and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them and pocket the money.
- Lower performance equals lower insurance prices – The performance of the car or truck you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. Since the Mercedes-Benz C350 is considered a luxury sedan, rates will be more than the average rate where you live in Chicago. Small economy passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Always keep your policy in force – Driving your car without having proper coverage is not a good idea and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your coverage have a gap. Not only will rates go up, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in fines and jail time.
- Credit score impact insurance costs – A driver’s credit score can be a huge factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Therefore, if your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your Mercedes-Benz C350 by repairing your credit. Insureds that have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings.
- When should you not file a insurance claims? – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance companies in Illinois award cheaper rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
Do I need an agent?
A small number of people still like to have an agent’s advice and that can be a smart move A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is sent to participating agents in Chicago that can provide free Chicago car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. Get lower rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurer requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Chicago for you
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a local insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Chicago are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only provide one company’s prices such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Chicago that can give you rate quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier which makes it simple for you.
When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you contact at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Chicago who can help you get rate quotes.
Cheap auto insurance is out there
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can compare Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance rates in Chicago. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting affordable Chicago car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a small local company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Some insurance companies do not offer price quotes online and usually these smaller providers work with local independent agencies. Cheaper Mercedes-Benz C350 insurance in Chicago is definitely available on the web as well as from insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection.
Additional auto insurance information can be found on the following sites:
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Car Insurance Rates for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Camry in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)