Do you get exhausted from not being able to afford to make your car insurance payment? You have the same problem as millions of other vehicle owners.
Amazlingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that most car insurance customers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Chicago consumers can cut their rates by 40% a year, but they underestimate the benefits if they switched to a more affordable policy.
There are many insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s nice to have a selection, lots of choices makes it harder to compare rates for Saturn Outlook insurance in Chicago.
It’s smart to compare premium rates once or twice a year because car insurance prices tend to go up over time. Just because you had the lowest rates on Saturn Outlook insurance in Chicago two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the easiest way to find better coverage on Saturn Outlook insurance in Chicago at a better price.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Chicago is quite easy. If you’re already insured, you will surely be able to reduce premiums using the concepts covered in this article. But Illinois consumers must comprehend how companies determine what you pay and take advantage of how the system works.
Lower Your Chicago Insurance Premiums
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that aid in calculating insurance rates. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find cheaper rates.
Shown below are some of the major factors used by companies to determine your rate level.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents reduce rates – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can earn a premium discount. Systems that thwart thieves like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms help track and prevent car theft.
- The type of car, truck or SUV makes a difference – The performance level of the vehicle you own makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. Since the Saturn Outlook falls in the crossover class, rates will be slightly more when compared to the average rates in Chicago. Lower cost passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Buy as much liability coverage as you can afford – Liability insurance is the protection if ever you are determined to be liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Gaps in coverage mean higher insurance rates – Letting your insurance expire is a guaranteed way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you fines or a revoked license. You could then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Illinois DMV.
Buy Chicago Saturn Outlook insurance online
When shopping for affordable Chicago car insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways of comparing price quotes from companies that offer auto insurance in Illinois. The quickest method to find the lowest rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to drive around to and from local Chicago insurance agencies. The ability to get quotes online makes this unnecessary unless you’re the type of person who wants the professional guidance of a local agency. It is possible with some companies compare the best prices online but purchase the actual policy in an agency. When comparison shopping, comparing more quotes provides better odds of finding the best price. Some smaller insurers do not give price estimates online, so it’s important to compare rates from them as well.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Illinois. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Outlook XE 2WD||$196||$350||$294||$18||$88||$946||$79|
|Outlook XV 2WD||$218||$398||$294||$18||$88||$1,016||$85|
|Outlook XE Premium 2WD||$290||$400||$342||$20||$102||$1,154||$96|
|Outlook XE AWD||$276||$550||$316||$18||$94||$1,254||$105|
|Outlook XE Premium AWD||$228||$398||$352||$20||$106||$1,104||$92|
|Outlook XR-L 2WD||$160||$274||$250||$14||$76||$774||$65|
|Outlook XR-L AWD||$220||$406||$250||$14||$76||$966||$81|
|Outlook XR-L Premium 2WD||$178||$316||$294||$18||$88||$894||$75|
|Outlook XR-L Premium AWD||$120||$210||$246||$14||$74||$664||$55|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in your specific Chicago location which can alter prices considerably.
The information below shows how different deductible levels and can change Saturn Outlook insurance premiums for each age group. The data assumes a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Do drivers who switch really save?
Insurance companies such as Allstate and Progressive regularly use ads on TV and radio. All the ads make the same claim that drivers will save a bundle after switching your insurance coverage to their company. How does every company give you a better price on Saturn Outlook insurance in Chicago? It’s all in the wording.
Different companies have specific criteria for the type of driver they prefer to insure. A good example of a profitable risk profile may be a married male, is a homeowner, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A propective insured that matches those criteria will get low prices and most likely will cut their Saturn Outlook insurance rates if they switch.
Potential insureds who cannot meet the ideal profile must pay more expensive rates with the end result being the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “drivers that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save that much money. That is how insurance companies can advertise the way they do. This illustrates why you really need to get Chicago car insurance quotes as often as possible. It’s impossible to know the company that will be your best fit.
Why you need Saturn Outlook insurance in Illinois
Despite the high cost, buying car insurance is required by state law in Illinois and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Outlook, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Saturn at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Saturn but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver overpays as much as $825 a year so shop around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Discount Chicago insurance quotes
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise every policy discount very clearly, so the list below contains a few of the more common and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Chicago car insurance online. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are throwing money away.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of a professional or civic organization could earn you a nice discount when shopping for insurance.
- Theft Deterrent – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Chicago car insurance quote.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking time to complete a course teaching defensive driver skills is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Employee of Federal Government – Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Chicago car insurance depending on your company.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars with the same insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut your premiums.
For a list of providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Illinois, follow this link.
Local Chicago insurance agents
Some people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move A nice benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper car insurance rates and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to companies in Chicago that can provide free Chicago car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. Get lower rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an insurer is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
Don’t give up on cheaper premiums
More affordable car insurance in Chicago can be sourced from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies work with independent insurance agents.
We’ve covered many ideas to find cheaper Saturn Outlook insurance in Chicago. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Chicago car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest prices come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.