Have you finally had enough of sacrificing to pay high car insurance rates every month? You are in the same boat as many other Illinois consumers.
A recent car insurance study discovered that almost 70% of drivers in Illinois kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never compared rates with other companies. The average driver in America could save approximately 47% a year, but they just don’t understand the amount of money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. There is such a variety of car insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it’s nice to have a choice, it can be more difficult to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes quite often since rates trend upward over time. Just because you had the lowest rate on Suzuki Aerio insurance in Chicago a couple years back you can probably find a better price now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest and easiest way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Suzuki Aerio insurance in Chicago.
Locating the best insurance company for you in Chicago can initially seem challenging. If you are already insured or are just looking to switch companies, you can follow these tips to shop for the lowest rates and still have adequate protection. Comparison shoppers just need to know the most effective way to compare prices from many companies at once.
The quickest method we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area utilizes the fact all the major auto insurance companies participate in a system to provide you with free rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details such as how many miles driven, if your license is active, if it has an anti-theft system, and if you’re married. That information gets sent immediately to many different companies and you get price estimates quickly.
To find the cheapest Suzuki Aerio insurance rates, click here and complete the quick form.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in Chicago, IL. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Suzuki Aerio in Chicago, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Suzuki, most banks will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Suzuki at a more expensive rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your car. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average driver in Illinois is overpaying over $869 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Prices
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to lower premium levels. Many different elements are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, although others are less obvious like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
The following are a few of the things that factor into premiums.
You may save more by bundling policies – The majority of insurance companies afford discounts to buyers who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you already get this discount, consumers should still get quotes from other companies to ensure the best deal. Drivers may still find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
Certain vocations pay higher rates – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Jobs such as doctors, social workers and stock brokers tend to pay the highest rates due to job stress and lengthy work days. On the other hand, careers like scientists, historians and homemakers receive lower rates.
Never go without car insurance – Driving without insurance coverage in place is a misdemeanor and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you fines or a revoked license.
Know your vehicle’s NHTSA crash test rating – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and reduced instances of injuries translates into savings for insurance companies which can result in lower premiums.
Being married brings a discount – Walking down the aisle may save some money on car insurance. Marriage usually means you are more mature and statistics prove married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Affordable Chicago auto insurance quotes with discounts
Some companies don’t necessarily list every possible discount very well, so we break down a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Mature Driver Discount – Older drivers could receive a slight reduction on a Chicago auto insurance quote.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Early Switch Discount – A few auto insurance companies offer discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current Aerio insurance policy expiring. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates when getting a Chicago auto insurance quote.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Large auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, online signing, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for homeowner, anti-theft, safe driver, teen safety rewards, and accident prevention training.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, bundled insurance, air bags, mySafetyValet, accident-free, good student, and Steer into Savings.
- MetLife offers discounts for good student, accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, good driver, claim-free
- GEICO may include discounts for driver training, seat belt use, military active duty, anti-theft, multi-policy, and daytime running lights.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for air bag, bundle, good student, anti-theft, defensive driver, and vehicle fuel type.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in your area. To choose providers who offer cheap Suzuki Aerio insurance quotes in Chicago, click this link.
How to know if you need help
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. You are unique.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- If my Suzuki Aerio is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Who is covered when they drive my Suzuki Aerio?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Do I need an insurance agent?
Certain consumers would prefer to talk to a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain better rates and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your information is emailed to insurance agents in Chicago that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to find an agent because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If you wish to compare rates from a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best insurer should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Illinois?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
Auto insurance agents in Chicago come in two varieties
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local Chicago insurance agency, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies in Chicago are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either can insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact buying decisions.
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Chicago willing to provide rate quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are normally appointed by many insurers so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s a good idea to get quotes from a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Chicago that are able to give price quote information.
KSA Insurance Agency
7158 W Grand Ave – Chicago, IL 60707 – (773) 804-9000 – View Map
Don’t give up on cheaper premiums
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, extreme rates for teen drivers and denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company can be pretty painless.
Discount Suzuki Aerio insurance in Chicago is possible from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you need to shop Chicago auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
We covered a lot of information how to save on Suzuki Aerio insurance in Chicago. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the best car insurance rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Even more information is available at these sites:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Kia Optima in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest After a Speeding Ticket in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chicago Auto Insurance for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)