Wish you could get a refund on an expensive insurance policy? Trust us, there are many Chicago drivers thinking the same thing.
Astonishing but true, a large majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and almost 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Most drivers in Chicago could save as much as $586 a year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue the rate savings if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Consumers have many car insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, it can be more challenging to compare company pricing for Acura TSX insurance in Chicago.
Take policy discounts and save on Acura TSX insurance in Chicago
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there are discounts available to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags could see savings as much as 30%.
- E-sign Discounts – A few larger online companies will give a small break get Chicago auto insurance on the internet.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model is cheaper since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Smart Student Discounts – Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Chicago auto insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
Don’t be surprised that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
Some of the larger companies that may include many of the previously listed discounts include:
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in Chicago. To see a list of companies with the best Acura TSX insurance discounts in Chicago, click here.
There are several ways of comparing rates from all the different companies. The fastest way to find the cheapest insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
It’s so easy to compare quotes online that it replaces the need to spend time driving to insurance agents’ offices. Comparing online rate quotes can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you’re the type of person who wants the professional abilities of a local agency. Drivers can compare online quotes but have your policy serviced through an agent.
When comparison shopping, quoting more helps improve the odds of finding more affordable insurance. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide price estimates online, so it’s recommended that you also compare price quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Illinois. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|TSX Technology Package||$128||$232||$228||$14||$68||$670||$56|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in zip code location which can increase or decrease insurance rates greatly.
Rate comparison for different deductibles
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Acura TSX insurance premiums for different ages of insureds. The rates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Why You Might Pay Inflated Rates in Chicago
Many things are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other criteria are less obvious like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
- Liability coverage limits should be high – The liability coverage on your policy will protect you if you are found to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability provides for a legal defense to defend your case. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Youthful drivers cost more – Teen drivers in Illinois have been known to be inattentive and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore insurance rates are much higher. Mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.
- Reduce insurance rates by staying claim free – If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Car insurance companies in Illinois generally give better rates to drivers who are claim-free. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Put fewer miles on your vehicle – The higher the mileage driven every year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most companies charge rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars that do not get driven very much qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. An improperly rated TSX may be costing you higher rates. Make sure your policy states the correct driver usage.
- Your location is important – Having an address in a rural area can be a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer people means reduced accidents in addition to lower liability claims People in densely populated areas have to deal with more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. Spending more time driving can result in more accidents.
- Driving citations are costly – Whether or not you get tickets has a big impact on rates. Drivers with clean records pay less for auto insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Even one speeding ticket or other violation may increase your cost substantially. Drivers who get license-revoking violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to maintain a SR-22 with their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Shop online but buy locally
Some consumers just want to buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find lower car insurance rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is definitely important in Chicago.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your information is transmitted to agents in your area that can provide free Chicago auto insurance quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent because prices are sent immediately to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, just find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an company requires more thought than just the premium amount. Any agent in Chicago should be willing to answer these questions.
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- How often do they review coverages?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- How long has the business existed?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high insurance cost for a Acura TSX in Chicago, maintaining insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost every bank will require that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Acura at a significantly higher premium and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Acura as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying over $700 annually so shop around each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Cheaper auto insurance is out there
When getting Chicago auto insurance quotes online, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price.
Cost effective Acura TSX insurance can be sourced from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Chicago auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not have online quoting and these regional carriers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be read in these articles:
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)