If price shopping Chicago auto insurance quotes online is new to you, chances are good that you are confused by the confusing number of online companies who all claim to have the lowest rates for Audi A4 insurance in Chicago.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that a large majority of car insurance policyholders in Illinois kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. U.S. consumers could cut their rates by as much as $860 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most tend to underestimate the rate savings if they bought a different policy.
It is always a good idea to price shop coverage on a regular basis because rates change frequently. If you had the best premium rates on Audi A4 insurance in Chicago at your last renewal other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re about to learn the things you must know in order to find lower rates on car insurance.
Cheap Audi insurance price quotes in Chicago
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Illinois. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo Station Wagon||$198||$468||$250||$14||$76||$1,006||$84|
|A4 2.0T Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$142||$268||$246||$14||$74||$744||$62|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$224||$460||$316||$18||$94||$1,112||$93|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo Station Wagon||$182||$428||$316||$18||$94||$1,038||$87|
|A4 2.0T Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$178||$290||$342||$20||$102||$932||$78|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$242||$566||$294||$18||$88||$1,208||$101|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$242||$566||$294||$18||$88||$1,208||$101|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo Station Wagon||$282||$550||$262||$16||$78||$1,188||$99|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$218||$452||$294||$18||$88||$1,070||$89|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$178||$382||$294||$18||$88||$960||$80|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in garaging location in Chicago which can revise premium rates noticeably.
Audi A4 full coverage rates compared to liability only
The information below examines Audi A4 yearly insurance costs with and without full coverage. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no clear-cut formula that is best for determining when to drop full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Audi A4 settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are currently paying more than $400 annually to have full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some scenarios where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not buy liability only.
Auto insurance deductibles
The information below illustrates how your deductible choice and can raise or lower Audi A4 insurance prices for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
Take policy discounts and save on Audi A4 insurance in Chicago
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise all available discounts very well, so we took the time to find some of the best known and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of more than 20%.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Professional Memberships – Participating in a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- Good Grades Discount – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Chicago auto insurance quote. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure multiple cars on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Government Employee Discount – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off depending on your insurance provider.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Some of the insurance companies that may have most of the discounts above include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Savings might not be offered on policies in Chicago.
How Car Insurance Companies Determine Audi A4 Insurance Costs
Many different elements are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but others are not as apparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
- Women pay lower premiums – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that women are better drivers. Men and women cause fender benders in similar numbers, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
- Insurance prices are higher for high performance vehicles – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you need insurance for makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. Because the Audi A4 is a passenger car, insurance will be similar in price or lower compared to average rates in Chicago. Economy passenger models generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Consolidate policies and save money – Most larger insurers allow discounts to people who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to check prices from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a good possibility that you can save money by buying insurance from more than one company.
- With age comes lower costs – Older people are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.Drivers with little experience are known to be easily distracted when driving with friends and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Commute or pleasure use – The more you drive your Audi each year the higher your rates will be. Many insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Cars that have low annual miles can be on a lower rate level than cars that get driven a lot. An improperly rated A4 may be costing you higher rates. It’s always a good idea to double check that your declarations sheet is rated on the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Do you really need roadside assistance? – There are a lot of extra add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time when buying car insurance. Insurance for replacement cost coverage, death and dismemberment, and Farm Bureau memberships are probably not needed. They may sound like good ideas when buying your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so consider taking them off your policy.
- Discounts for married drivers – Your spouse may cut your premiums compared to being single. Having a significant other usually means you are more responsible and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Loss statistics for an Audi A4 – Companies use data from past claims to help determine the rate you pay. Vehicles that statistically have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below shows the actual insurance loss data for Audi A4 vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, equals 100. Percentages below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Audi A4 Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A4 4dr 2WD 179 107 103 80 112 100 Audi A4 4dr 4WD 160 94 118 66 68 77 Audi A4 Allroad Station Wagon 4WD 145 84 110 47 47 70
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Are insurance agents a thing of the past?
Some people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision One of the benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this quick form, your coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Chicago who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. There is no reason to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best provider shouldn’t rely on just the price. Before buying a policy in Chicago, get answers to these questions.
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- How long has the business existed?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
Do you need an independent or exclusive car insurance agent?
When researching a local Chicago insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agencies can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only write with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Shown below are Chicago exclusive insurance agents who may provide you with price quotes.
- Dwayne Jackson – State Farm Insurance Agent
1345 W Taylor St – Chicago, IL 60607 – (312) 455-0675 – View Map
- Russ Spinelli – State Farm Insurance Agent
1525 E 53rd St #727 – Chicago, IL 60615 – (773) 955-3133 – View Map
- Peter Grande – State Farm Insurance Agent
1535 W Division St – Chicago, IL 60642 – (773) 270-4600 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent are not locked into one company so they can quote policies with many different companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you need lower rates, you absolutely need to get several quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller mutual companies which may have better rates.
The following are Chicago independent agencies that are able to give price quotes.
- Lincoln Auto Insurance
855 W Washington Blvd – Chicago, IL 60607 – (312) 666-8800 – View Map
- Great Northern Insurance Agency
5632 S Pulaski Rd – Chicago, IL 60629 – (773) 838-3900 – View Map
- Skyline Insurance Agency, Inc.
2302 W Belmont Ave – Chicago, IL 60618 – (773) 525-7500 – View Map
Car insurance myths debunked
Car insurance companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive consistently run television and radio advertisements. They all seem to make the point that drivers will save a bundle just by switching to their company. How can each company charge less that you’re paying now? Here is the trick they use.
Insurance companies give the best rates for the type of customer that is profitable for them. For example, this type of insured might be married and over the age of 30, has no prior claims, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. A customer getting a price quote who matches that profile receives the best prices in Chicago and is almost guaranteed to save a lot on Chicago Audi A4 insurance if they switch.
Potential insureds who do not fit these criteria must pay higher premiums and this can result in the customer buying from someone else. The ads state “people who switch” not “all people who quote” save that much when switching. That’s the way companies can truthfully make those claims. That is why you should compare rate quotes every year. It’s just not possible to know which company will have the best premium rates at this point in time.
You can find cheaper coverage
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like denial of a claim, questionable increases in premium, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
A few companies may not have online price quotes and many times these regional carriers sell through local independent agents. Discount Audi A4 insurance is possible online and from local insurance agents, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis.
More information can be found at the links below
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Chicago Auto Insurance for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)