How many years has it been since you compared more competitive Audi Q3 insurance in Chicago? If you’ve never shopped for Chicago auto insurance quotes online, you can easily be overwhelmed by the diversity of insurers all claiming to have the lowest rates for Audi Q3 insurance in Chicago.
Inconceivable but true, most car insurance policyholders kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and just short of a majority have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. With the average premium in Illinois being $1,500, drivers can save roughly 40% each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t believe the large savings they would see if they just switched companies.
It’s a great practice to do price comparisons yearly since insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. If you had the best price on Audi Q3 insurance in Chicago a few years ago you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because I’m going to teach you the best methods to save on car insurance.
Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Chicago is actually very simple if you learn how to start. If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to shop for the lowest rates using these techniques. Nevertheless, Illinois vehicle owners must know the way companies compete online and use this information to your advantage.
Just keep in mind that comparing more quotes will enable you to find a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in Chicago, IL. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you click on several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
You may qualify for discounts for Audi Q3 insurance in Chicago
Some insurance providers don’t always list all discounts very clearly, so we break down some of the best known as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Good Student – Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Chicago auto insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Professional Memberships – Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount on your bill.
- Multi-car Discount – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles with the same car insurance company qualifies for this discount.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers may be able to get lower premium rates.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
One thing to note about discounts is that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates you could get a free car insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
A few of the larger companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, driver’s education, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO may include discounts for federal employee, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, air bags, multi-policy, seat belt use, and multi-vehicle.
- Allstate has savings for 55 and retired, resident student, premier discount, eSmart discount, auto/life discount, utility vehicle, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, homeowner, teen safe driver, and teen safety rewards.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for multi-policy, youthful driver, renewal discount, 55 and retired, driver training, safe driver, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, and multi-policy.
- AAA discounts include multi-car, multi-policy, good student, AAA membership discount, and pay-in-full.
If you need lower rates, check with every company which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in Chicago. To find companies who offer discounts in Illinois, click this link.
Informed Consumers Save Every Year
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but others are less apparent such as whether you are married or your commute time.
- Being married is a good thing – Your spouse may cut your premiums when shopping for auto insurance. It means you’re less irresponsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Urban residents pay more – Residing in areas with lower population can save you money if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accident claims in addition to lower liability claims Drivers who live in large Illinois cities regularly have more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. More time on the road translates into higher accident risk.
- Insurance premiums and vehicle performance – The performance of the car you drive makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. The most favorable rates are generally reserved for smaller low performance passenger models, but many other things help determine your insurance rates. Since the Audi Q3 is considered a luxury crossover, insurance will be substantially more than the average rate where you live in Chicago.
- Alarm systems lowers prices – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Anti-theft features such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
- Car plus home equals more savings – Many companies allow a discount to insureds that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s always a smart idea to compare Audi Q3 rates in Chicago to help ensure you have the lowest rates. It’s possible to still find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
- Pay more by driving carelessly – Careful drivers have lower premiums compared to bad drivers. Only having one driving citation could increase your next policy renewal to the point where it’s not affordable. People who have severe violations like DUI or reckless driving may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Does your employer raise your premiums? – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations such as doctors, executives and accountants are shown to have the highest rates because of high stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, jobs like scientists, athletes and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
- Audi Q3 claim data – Insurers analyze past claim statistics as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that have higher loss trends will have a higher premium rate. The data below shows the historical loss data for Audi Q3 vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Values below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Audi Q3 Insurance Claim Statistics
Specific Audi Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi Q3 4WD 116 69 94
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get rate quotes but still have a neighborhood Chicago auto insurance agent
Some people prefer to get advice from a local agent and we recommend doing that A nice benefit of comparing car insurance online is you can get cheap car insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Chicago that can provide free Chicago auto insurance quotes to get your business. You never need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. Get lower rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, just find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right company needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Illinois?
- Will they give you a referral list?
Multiple types of auto insurance agents in Chicago
If you are wanting to find a good Chicago insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures that you can choose from. Chicago agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent.
Agents of this type are contracted to one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Chicago willing to provide price quotes.
- Angela Roudez – State Farm Insurance Agent
1505 S State St – Chicago, IL 60605 – (312) 663-1820 – View Map
- Kathleen McKenzie – State Farm Insurance Agent
725 W 31st St – Chicago, IL 60616 – (312) 791-1200 – View Map
- Vivian Valtas – State Farm Insurance Agent
6108 S Archer Ave – Chicago, IL 60638 – (773) 582-3322 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent.
When shopping rates, you will want to check rates from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most independent agents also contract with smaller mutual companies which could offer lower prices.
The following are independent agents in Chicago that are able to give rate quotes.
- Serpe Insurance Agency
2538 N Lincoln Ave – Chicago, IL 60614 – (773) 871-0808 – View Map
- Beyer Insurance Agency
35 E Upper Wacker Dr #1730 – Chicago, IL 60601 – (312) 922-5300 – View Map
- Eagle Insurance Agency
3517 N Spaulding Ave – Chicago, IL 60618 – (773) 463-7576 – View Map
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
When it comes to coverage online or from an agent, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Your financial needs are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Can switching companies really save?
Well-known insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive continually stream ads on TV and radio. They all seem to make the same claim that drivers can save some big amount just by switching your policy. It sounds good, but how can they all say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
All companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of insured that will not have excessive claims. For example, a profitable customer may need to be over the age of 40, has no prior claims, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. Any new insured who fits those characteristics will get the preferred prices in Chicago and will probably cut their rates substantially.
People who are not a match for this stringent profile will see a higher rate which results in the customer not buying. The ad wording is “drivers that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save money. That is how companies can state the savings. Because of these techniques, you really should compare free Chicago auto insurance quotes often. It is just not possible to predict with any certainty which company will be your best fit.
Find affordable rates by being thorough
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including high prices, delays in paying claims, questionable increases in premium and not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
As you quote Chicago auto insurance, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
Lower-priced Audi Q3 insurance in Chicago can be bought both online and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies don’t offer online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agencies.
To learn more, take a look at these articles:
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Honda Civic in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)