Are you looking for a better way to compare low-cost Audi SQ5 insurance in Chicago? Are you a victim of an expensive insurance policy? Believe me, you’re not the only one.
Astonishng but true according to a recent study, over 70% of consumers have bought insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Many consumers in Chicago could save 40% every year by just shopping around, but they don’t want to spend time to find cheaper rates by getting comparison quotes. Companies like GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm constantly bombard you with ad campaigns and it is difficult to ignore the promise of big savings and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you have a current insurance policy or need new coverage, you can use these tips to reduce premiums without reducing coverage. Locating the best rates in Chicago is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. You only have to learn the tricks to compare rate quotes online.
Finding more affordable Audi SQ5 insurance prices doesn’t have to be difficult. Drivers just need to spend a little time getting comparison quotes online with multiple companies.
Getting rates online is very simple and it makes it a waste of time to call or drive to insurance agencies in your area. Comparing online rate quotes makes this process obsolete unless you want the advice and guidance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. You can, however, price shop your coverage online and get advice from an agent in your area.
The companies in the list below provide free quotes in Chicago, IL. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost, paying for insurance is required by state law in Illinois and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Audi at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Audi gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $865 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Chicago auto insurance discounts
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even know about. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but a few need to be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Telematics Devices – Policyholders that allow data collection to monitor driving manner remotely such as State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if their driving habits are good.
- Paper-free Discount – A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 shop Chicago auto insurance on your computer.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- College Student – Children who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home can receive lower rates.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military can result in better premium rates.
- Government Employee Discount – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Chicago auto insurance with certain companies.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car instead of a used SQ5 can save up to 30% because newer vehicles are generally safer.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But all discounts will positively reduce your premiums.
If you would like to see a list of companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Chicago, click here.
When should I contact a local insurance agent?
Some people still prefer to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! Most agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. A good thing about getting online price quotes is that you can find cheaper prices but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to companies in Chicago who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. In the event you want to compare rates from a particular provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Where are claims handled?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Which family members are covered?
If you receive positive feedback to all your questions and an acceptable price quote, you may have just found an provider that meets the criteria to adequately provide auto insurance.
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
Affordable Audi SQ5 insurance in Chicago is available on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Chicago auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some auto insurance companies may not have rates over the internet and usually these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
We just presented a lot of techniques to save on Audi SQ5 insurance in Chicago. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Chicago auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with an unexpected company. Smaller companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located in the articles below:
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Hybrid Vehicles in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Wrangler in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)