Do you want cheaper Cadillac ATS insurance in Chicago? Are you at wits end from wondering where the money will come from to insure your Cadillac every month? Your situation is no different than the majority of other vehicle owners in Illinois.
A study showed that almost 70% of insureds renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Consumers in Illinois could cut their rates by $586 a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t believe how much savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy.
Vehicle owners have many insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and even though it’s nice to have multiple companies, lots of choices makes it harder to adequately compare rates for Cadillac ATS insurance in Chicago.
Low-cost car insurance in Chicago, IL
The following companies are our best choices to provide free quotes in Illinois. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Cadillac ATS insurance in Chicago
Insurance is not inexpensive, but companies offer discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain credits will be shown when you quote, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Mature Driver Discount – Mature drivers may qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Active Military Service – Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- Employee of Federal Government – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Memberships – Being a member of a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount on your bill.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Chicago Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on insurance because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger insurance companies have better premium rates if you take out life insurance.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you may earn up to 20% off your total ATS insurance premium.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
One last thing about discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you could get a free insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO offers discounts including multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, air bags, good student, defensive driver, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for new vehicle discount, multi-car, teen driver discount, hybrid vehicle, new move discount, safety features, and newly retired.
- The Hartford has savings for good student, defensive driver, bundle, air bag, vehicle fuel type, and anti-theft.
- MetLife discounts include good driver, good student, accident-free, multi-policy, claim-free, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
It’s a good idea to ask each company to apply every possible discount. Some credits might not be offered on policies in your area. To find insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Illinois, click here.
Find Cadillac ATS Insurance Cheaper
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that help determine the rates you pay for insurance. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower premium levels.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Having an address in a rural area can save you money when buying insurance. Fewer drivers on the road corresponds to lower accident rates. Urban drivers have to deal with congested traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Longer commute distances means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- Coverage lapses raise prices – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a fast way to drive up your policy premiums. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in fines and jail time.
- Additional coverages that may be costing you – There are many add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your insurance policy. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage, and term life insurance could be just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment initially, but if they’re wasting money think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Do safer cars cost less to insure? – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you. If your Cadillac earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
- Keep the miles off and save – The higher the miles on your Cadillac every year the more you will pay for insurance. A lot of companies price each vehicle’s coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage can get a lower rate than cars that get driven a lot. It’s a good idea to make sure your insurance declarations sheet reflects the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money. An incorrectly rated ATS may be costing you higher rates.
- Male costs may be higher – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Women and men get in accidents at a similar rate, but males cause more damage. Men also tend to get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Male teenagers tend to get in the most accidents and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- The type of car you drive affects your prices – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you are insuring makes a big difference in determining your rates. Due to the fact that the Cadillac ATS is a luxury sedan, rates will be more than the average rate where you live in Chicago. Lower cost passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Cadillac ATS claim data – Insurance companies use claims history to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Models that the data determines to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have a higher premium rate. The next table shows the historical insurance loss data for Cadillac ATS vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is a value of 100. Values that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Cadillac ATS Models
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac ATS 4dr 2WD 121 97 103 107 96 90 Cadillac ATS 4dr 4WD 127 81 91 92 93 74
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
When should I have guidance from a local insurance agent?
Many people prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. A good thing about comparing auto insurance online is that you can obtain lower premium rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with local agents is important especially in Chicago.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents that provide free Chicago car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. It’s the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. In the event you want to compare prices for a specific company, just jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local Chicago insurance agency, you should know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Chicago are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured.
When comparing auto insurance rates, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agents in Chicago that may be able to provide free auto insurance quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are contracted to one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below are Chicago exclusive insurance agents that can give you price quote information.
Choosing the best insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Chicago?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Illinois?
After talking to the agent and getting good answers to these questions and locked in a price quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that meets your needs to service your policy.
The ad said I’d save $473 a year!
Popular insurance providers such as Allstate and Progressive continually stream ads on TV and radio. All the ads convey the message about how much you will save if you change to their company. It sounds good, but how can they all give you a lower rate on Cadillac ATS insurance in Chicago? This is the way they can do it.
Many companies have specific criteria for the type of driver that will not have excessive claims. One example of this type of insured could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and has a high credit rating. A customer getting a price quote who matches those parameters may get the lowest rates in Chicago and therefore will save if they switch.
Potential insureds who fall outside these criteria will see higher prices which leads to the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” will save that much if they switch. This is how companies can truthfully make it sound like they have such great premium rates.
This illustrates why drivers should compare as many free Chicago car insurance quotes as you can. It is impossible to predict which insurance companies will have the best car insurance rates for your profile.
One last thing to lower rates
As you shop your coverage around, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
There are still a few companies who may not have rate quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies. Lower-priced Cadillac ATS insurance in Chicago is available both online and from local insurance agents, so you need to compare both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional car insurance information is located below:
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest After a Speeding Ticket in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)