How long has it been since you shopped around for more affordable Chrysler Aspen insurance in Chicago? Have you finally had enough of trying to scrape together enough money to pay car insurance each month? You’re in the same situation as millions of other drivers.
Shocking but true, nearly 70% of drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Illinois insurance shoppers can save nearly $586 each year by just comparing quotes, but most undervalue how much they could save if they replace their high priced policy. Due to the increasing number of options for buying affordable insurance for a Chrysler Aspen in Chicago, it is very difficult to choose the cheapest company.
It’s a good idea to compare rates every six months because car insurance prices go up and down regularly. If you had the lowest rates on Chrysler Aspen insurance in Chicago a couple years back you can probably find a better rate quote now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to how to quote online to get good coverage on Chrysler Aspen insurance in Chicago at a lower rate.
Buying affordable insurance in Chicago is not that difficult. If you have insurance now or just want cheaper coverage, use these money-saving tips to find the best rates without having to cut coverage. Consumers just have to know the quickest way to compare rate quotes from multiple carriers.
Finding cheaper Chicago auto insurance prices is not a difficult process. Drivers just need to take a couple of minutes to compare rate quotes to discover which company has cheaper Chicago car insurance quotes.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it replaces the need to spend time driving to insurance agencies in your area. Comparing online rate quotes has made agencies unnecessary unless you require the peace of mind that only an agent can give. Although you can price shop your coverage online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
The companies in the list below can provide quotes in Chicago, IL. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Three reasons to insure your Chrysler vehicle
Even though Chicago Aspen insurance rates can get expensive, paying for car insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most banks will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Chrysler for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Car insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America overpays more than $855 a year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
How Car Insurance Companies Determine Chrysler Aspen Insurance Premiums
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that help determine your policy premiums. If you know what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
Reduce premiums by driving safer cars – Vehicles that have high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce occupant injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means less claims paid and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Chrysler earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
Certain occupations pay higher rates – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Jobs such as judges, airline pilots, and dentists tend to have higher rates than average because of job stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, occupations such as actors, students and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
How’s your driving record? – Your driving citation history impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Careful drivers get better prices as compared to careless drivers. Having just one moving violation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as thirty percent. People who have license-revoking violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may be required to prove financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Responsible credit scores equal low prices – An insured’s credit score is likely to be a major factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your Chrysler Aspen if you improve your credit rating. People with good credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with worse credit.
Higher comp and collision deductibles are cheaper – Physical damage deductibles are how much you are required to pay in the event of a claim. Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a stationary object, hail damage, and having a roll-over accident. The more you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your auto insurance will be.
Being married can save you money – Being married actually saves money when shopping for auto insurance. It is viewed as being more mature and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
Pleasure use or commuting – The higher the mileage driven every year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Almost all companies apply a rate partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles can get a lower rate than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Ask your agent if your auto insurance coverage correctly shows annual mileage. Having the wrong rating on your Aspen can result in significantly higher rates.
Get cheaper Chrysler Aspen insurance rates in Chicago
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not know about. Some of these discounts will be visible when you quote, but some discounts are required to be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents get the best auto insurance rates compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Organization Discounts – Being in certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your next auto insurance statement.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current Aspen insurance policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Early Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Chicago and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers that enable driving data submission to look at driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking a safe driver course may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky. But all discounts should help reduce your overall premium however.
For a list of providers who offer cheap Chrysler Aspen insurance quotes in Chicago in Chicago, click here to view.
Compare prices but buy from a local neighborhood Chicago car insurance agent
Some people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing an insurance company requires you to look at more than just the price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- How long have they been in business?
If you want to use a local agent, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they function. Agents can either be exclusive agents or independent agents. Either can write policy coverage, but it’s worth learning the subtle differences since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only write with one company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Chicago who can help you get price quote information.
Greg King – State Farm Insurance Agent
5508 S Lake Park Ave – Chicago, IL 60637 – (773) 643-6200 – View Map
Sylvia Torres Underhill – State Farm Insurance Agent
2422 S Oakley Ave – Chicago, IL 60608 – (773) 376-1166 – View Map
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent. When shopping rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Chicago who can help you get rate quotes.
Affordable car insurance premiums are possible
When getting Chicago car insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost.
Cheaper Chrysler Aspen insurance in Chicago can be purchased online and from local agencies, so you need to quote Chicago car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not provide rates over the internet and usually these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
We’ve covered a lot of ways to save on Chrysler Aspen insurance in Chicago. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Even more information is located by following these links:
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How Much are Chicago Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)