Are you researching more competitive Honda HR-V insurance in Chicago? I can’t think of a single person who anticipates paying for auto insurance, especially when they are aware that the cost is way too high.
It’s amazing but most auto insurance policyholders kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in Chicago can save as much as 40% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t believe the benefits if they bought a different policy.
Due to the increasing number of companies and agents to choose from, it can be diffult for drivers to choose the lowest cost company.
It’s important to compare prices quite often because rates change quite often. If you had the lowest premium rates on Honda HR-V insurance in Chicago on your last policy other companies may now be cheaper. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding HR-V insurance online, but in this article, you’re going to get some proven techniques to reduce your auto insurance bill.
Finding affordable car insurance coverage in Chicago is quite easy. In essence, every person who has to buy car insurance stands a good chance to find a lower price. But Illinois car owners do need to know how companies sell online because it can help you find the best coverage.
How Insurers Determine Honda HR-V Insurance Premiums
Many different elements are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but other factors are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that go into determining insurance rates. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get cheaper rates.
Choose high safety ratings and save – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have lower insurance rates. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection translates directly to fewer claims and lower rates for you. If your Honda HR-V has at least four stars on Safercar.gov it may cost less to insure.
Do you save by driving less? – The more miles you rack up on your Honda every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Many insurance companies calculate prices partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Verify your vehicle rating reflects the right rating data. Incorrect rating for your HR-V can cost quite a bit.
Save money by having multiple policies – Many insurance companies will give lower prices to buyers that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s in your best interest to check prices from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates. Drivers may still find better rates by splitting coverages up.
How your age affects rates – Teenage drivers in Illinois are statistically shown to get distracted easily when behind the wheel therefore insurance rates are much higher. More experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, cost insurance companies less in claims, and usually have better credit.
Gender and insurance costs – The statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Males and females are in accidents at about the same rate, but guys tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also receive more major tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Young men ages 16 to 20 are the most expensive to insure so they pay the highest premiums.
Policy add-ons can waste money – Policies have additional coverages that you can buy on your insurance policy. Add-on coverages like coverage for rental cars, towing, and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may sound like good ideas when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Don’t cut corners with liability insurance – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if ever you are responsible for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
The most recommended method to get rate comparisons for Honda HR-V insurance in Chicago is to know the trick most of the larger companies have advanced systems to quote your coverage. All you need to do is provide a small amount of information including whether your vehicle is owned or leased, how many miles driven, how much education you have, and your credit rating estimate. Your details is instantly submitted to insurance carriers in your area and you should receive rate quotes within a short period of time.
To start a quote now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Chicago, IL. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance buyers beware
Big name companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive seem to constantly run ads on television and other media. They all seem to state the claim that drivers can save some big amount if you move your coverage to them. How does each company give you a better price on Honda HR-V insurance in Chicago? Here is the trick they use.
Companies offer their best rates for the driver that will not have excessive claims. For example, this type of driver could be between the ages of 40 and 55, carries full coverage, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. A driver who fits those characteristics is entitled to the best price and therefore will save when they switch companies.
Potential insureds who may not quite match the “perfect” profile may be forced to pay a more expensive rate with the end result being the customer not purchasing. If you listen closely, the ads state “people who switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” can get the lowest rates when switching. That’s why companies can truthfully make claims like that. Each company has different criteria, so it’s extremely important to compare free Chicago auto insurance quotes often. Because you cannot predict which car insurance company will have the lowest rates for your situation.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Chicago, buying car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your HR-V, most banks will require you to have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Honda at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Honda but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Honda gets damaged, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in Illinois is overpaying more than $850 per year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Companies offer lots of discounts on Honda HR-V insurance in Chicago
Companies don’t always publicize all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list some of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Chicago auto insurance online. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Data Collection Discounts – Chicago drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to spy on their driving habits remotely such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Good Drivers – Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Low Mileage – Driving less may enable drivers to earn discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as State Farm and Allstate allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims before the accident.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully take a driver’s education course in school.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm includes discounts for Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, driver’s education, passive restraint, good student, and accident-free.
- GEICO may have discounts that include five-year accident-free, membership and employees, driver training, good student, and air bags.
- SAFECO offers discounts for bundle discounts, accident prevention training, drive less, anti-theft, and teen safe driver.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including youthful driver, alternative fuel, pay in full, switch companies, business and professional, electronic funds transfer, and multi-car.
- AAA has discounts for AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, multi-policy, good driver, education and occupation, and multi-car.
- USAA offers premium reductions for loyalty savings, new vehicle, family discount, military installation, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Discounts might not be offered in Chicago. For a list of providers who offer free Honda HR-V insurance quotes in Chicago, click here to view.
Get rate quotes but still have a local Chicago insurance agent
Some consumers still like to talk to a local agent and that is a smart decision The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
By using this short form, your coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Chicago that can give you free Chicago auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find better rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right company should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Any good agent in Chicago should know the answers to these questions.
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Chicago?
- How long have they been in business?
When narrowing the list to find a good Chicago insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies to choose from. Agents are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive insurance agents can only write with one company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are well schooled in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Chicago willing to provide price quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not limited to a single company so they can write business with lots of companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to contact multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below are Chicago independent insurance agencies that can give you price quote information.
KSA Insurance Agency
7158 W Grand Ave – Chicago, IL 60707 – (773) 804-9000 – View Map
Be persistent to save money
Discount Honda HR-V insurance in Chicago is possible on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
You just learned some good ideas how you can save on Honda HR-V insurance in Chicago. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a small mutual company. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback in Chicago? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)