Expensive Hyundai Accent insurance in Chicago can bottom out your accounts and put a big crunch on your finances. Performing a price comparison is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
Sadly, the vast majority of consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. The average driver in Chicago could save as much as $600 a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t understand how simple it is to shop around. Many auto insurance companies vie for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates and uncover the absolute cheapest price on Hyundai Accent insurance in Chicago.
It’s important to compare rates occasionally since prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you think you had the best rates on Hyundai Accent insurance in Chicago a couple years back you may be paying too much now. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding Accent insurance out there, but I’m going to show you some tested techniques to find affordable auto insurance in Chicago.
If you are insured now or just want to reduce your rates, follow these tips to find the best rates and still have adequate protection. Locating the best rates in Chicago is actually quite simple. Smart buyers just have to learn the most effective way to buy insurance from multiple carriers.
The method we recommend to compare rate quotes for Hyundai Accent insurance in Chicago is to understand all the major auto insurance companies participate in online systems to give you rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details including driver details, what your job is, whether you are married, and coverage limits. Your insurance information is then sent to many different companies and they return quotes quickly.
To find lower lower-cost Hyundai Accent insurance rates now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Chicago.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer price quotes in Illinois. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accent Blue 2-Dr Hatchback||$128||$276||$208||$12||$62||$686||$57|
|Accent GS 2-Dr Hatchback||$192||$466||$268||$16||$80||$1,022||$85|
|Accent GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$106||$290||$356||$22||$106||$880||$73|
|Accent SE 2-Dr Hatchback||$142||$364||$232||$14||$70||$822||$69|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in specific location information which can decrease or increase premiums substantially.
How much more does full coverage cost?
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Hyundai Accent insurance premiums with full coverage and liability only. The information is based on no claims or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single female driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no definitive guideline of when to eliminate comp and collision coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Hyundai Accent settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $3,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying over $300 annually to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping full coverage is not recommended. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Auto insurance rates by gender and age
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Hyundai Accent auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims or driving citations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Slash rates with these discounts on Hyundai Accent insurance in Chicago
Some companies don’t always advertise the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find both the well known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Chicago auto insurance online.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education in school.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger insurance carriers have a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but certain companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- Professional Organizations – Joining qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break when getting a Chicago auto insurance quote.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Participating in a class that teaches safe driver techniques could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- No Claims – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with the same insurance company you could save nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper Accent insurance.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount will definitely reduce the premium cost.
A list of car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for business and professional, teen driver, electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, and distant student.
- Farm Bureau discounts include safe driver, multi-policy, good student, youthful driver, 55 and retired, and driver training.
- State Farm offers discounts including Drive Safe & Save, good student, good driver, driver’s education, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO has discounts for daytime running lights, seat belt use, anti-theft, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO offers discounts for homeowner, bundle discounts, safe driver, teen safety rewards, and drive less.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for exclusive group savings, new graduate, newly married, new move discount, multi-car, hybrid vehicle, and safety features.
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company the best way to save money. Savings may not be available in your area. To see companies with significant discounts in Illinois, click here.
Lower Your Chicago Insurance Premiums
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that play a part in calculating your premiums. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find lower premium levels. Lots of things are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, although some other factors are less obvious such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
- Don’t abuse claims – Insurance companies in Illinois provide cheaper rates to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Your location is important – Choosing to live in less populated areas of the country can save you money when insuring your vehicles. Less people living in that area corresponds to lower accident rates. People in densely populated areas have more auto accidents and more severe claims. More time commuting can result in more accidents.
- Five star NHTSA crash test rating saves money – Vehicles with high crash test scores cost less to insure. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you. If your Hyundai Accent scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may be receiving a better rate.
- Credit rating impacts premium rates – An insured’s credit score factor in determining your rates. Insureds that have excellent credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with lower ratings. If your credit score is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your Hyundai Accent if you improve your credit rating.
- Guys pay more for insurance coverage – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that males are worse at driving than females. Males and females tend to get into at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the males have accidents that have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more major tickets like driving under the influence (DUI).
- Drive less and save – The more you drive annually the higher the price you pay to insure it. Many insurance companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Vehicles that do not get driven very much qualify for better rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Having the wrong rating on your Accent can result in significantly higher rates. It’s always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance policy is showing the correct driver usage.
- Insurance losses for a Hyundai Accent – Companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to help determine costs. Models that the data shows to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Hyundai Accent vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is set at 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Hyundai Accent Insurance Claim Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Accent 98 109 89 129 129 133
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
What if I want to buy from local Chicago insurance agents?
A lot of people still like to go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and also buy local. Supporting local agents is definitely important in Chicago.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Chicago who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
When looking for a local agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types can write insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not locked into one company so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and get you the best rates possible. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured. When comparing insurance rates, it’s a good idea to get quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
Featured below are independent agents in Chicago that may be able to give you price quotes.
W.A. George Insurance Agency
155 N Michigan Ave #300 – Chicago, IL 60601 – (312) 729-5265 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents have only one company to place business with such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are trained well on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Chicago that can give you rate quotes.
Picking the best auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Illinois?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Chicago?
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Budget-conscious Hyundai Accent insurance is definitely available online in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Chicago auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not offer online quoting and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to save on Hyundai Accent insurance in Chicago. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Chicago auto insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
When getting Chicago auto insurance quotes online, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chicago Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- How Much are Chicago Auto Insurance Rates for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)