Would you like to stop overpaying and find the cheapest Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Chicago? Trying to find low-cost insurance for your Kia Optima Hybrid in Illinois can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can follow our insurance buying tips to make it easier. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy insurance and you need to know the proper way to compare rates for your Kia and find the cheapest rates.
Inconceivable but true, nearly 70% of Illinois drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and almost half have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers could pocket 47% a year, but they don’t know the benefits if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
It’s a good idea to get comparison quotes as often as possible because prices change frequently. Just because you found the lowest rates on Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Chicago last year there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re about to learn the proper way to get good coverage on Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Chicago at a lower rate.
Companies offering low-cost Kia Optima Hybrid prices in Chicago, IL
The car insurance companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Illinois. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Five Things That Impact Your Insurance Prices
Many things are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, although others are not quite as obvious like where you live or your financial responsibility.
Why do you need liability? – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the protection in the event that you are determined to be liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability is cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Your credit rating is important – An insured’s credit score factor in determining premium rates. So if your credit history can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your Kia Optima Hybrid by taking the time to improve your credit score. Insureds that have high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit ratings.
Allowing your policy to lapse raises rates – Allowing your insurance policy to lapse is a guaranteed way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage may result in fines or a revoked license.
Frequent policy claims increase prices – If you file a lot of claims don’t be surprised to see either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance companies in Illinois award better rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
More performance means more cost – The make and model of the car you need to insure makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest base rates tend to be for lower cost passenger vehicles, but there are many factors that impact the final cost. Due to the fact that the Kia Optima Hybrid is considered a passenger car, rates will be similar in price or lower as compared to the average rate in Chicago.
Kia Optima Hybrid insurance loss statistics – Companies analyze the history of losses when setting premium costs. Models that tend to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have increased rates.
The next table shows the actual insurance loss data for Kia Optima Hybrid vehicles. For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole is represented as 100. Numbers under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Kia Optima Hybrid Models
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Kia Optima Hybrid||143||115||116||139||158||151|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Score discounts on Chicago car insurance
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down a few of the more well known and the more hidden ways to save on car insurance.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for cheaper prices.
- Paper-free Discount – Many car insurance companies will provide an incentive for signing up on their website.
- Sign Early and Save – A few car insurance companies offer discounts for renewing your policy early. You may see this discount when you get Chicago auto insurance quotes online.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you’re over the age of 55, you can get reduced rates.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates when getting a Chicago auto insurance quote.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO permit an accident before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Multi-car Discount – Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- College Student Discount – Older children who are attending college without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
Please keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- GEICO has savings for membership and employees, multi-policy, anti-theft, emergency military deployment, federal employee, air bags, and good student.
- MetLife has discounts for multi-policy, good student, accident-free, defensive driver, good driver, claim-free
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good student, anti-theft, accident-free, safe vehicle, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for location of vehicle, annual mileage, age of vehicle, anti-theft, and ease of repair.
- 21st Century may include discounts for theft prevention, driver training, good student, teen driver, anti-lock brakes, and 55 and older.
- Allstate offers discounts including teenSMART discount, economy car, resident student, anti-lock brakes, FullPay discount, early signing, and farm vehicle.
When getting free Chicago auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in Chicago.
Insurance agent or online?
Some consumers just want to buy from a local agent. Licensed agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to companies in Chicago who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Finding a good provider requires more thought than just the premium amount. Any agent in Chicago should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Chicago?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Illinois?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
Choose the right car insurance agent
If you want to use a reliable agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies in Chicago are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into buying decisions.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are Chicago exclusive agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
- Mike Matkowskyj – State Farm Insurance Agent
2452 W Chicago Ave – Chicago, IL 60622 – (773) 486-4444 – View Map
- Jim Tom – State Farm Insurance Agent
4317 N Lincoln Ave – Chicago, IL 60618 – (773) 477-3300 – View Map
- Dwayne Jackson – State Farm Insurance Agent
1345 W Taylor St – Chicago, IL 60607 – (312) 455-0675 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies and that allows them to write policies through many different auto insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you will want to get several quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to mutual insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Chicago who can help you get comparison quotes.
- W.A. George Insurance Agency
155 N Michigan Ave #300 – Chicago, IL 60601 – (312) 729-5265 – View Map
- Public Insurance Agency
3656 N Cicero Ave – Chicago, IL 60641 – (773) 725-9333 – View Map
- Edwards Insurance Agency, Inc.
11113 S Kedzie Ave – Chicago, IL 60655 – (773) 396-5526 – View Map
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When it comes to choosing a policy, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you and your policy should reflect that.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Cheaper car insurance is out there
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Chicago. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. They often have lower rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
The cheapest Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Chicago can be sourced online as well as from independent agents in Chicago, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not have online rate quotes and usually these small insurance companies work with independent insurance agents.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read in these articles:
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Malibu in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Camry in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)