Are you doing reasearch to find the cheapest Lincoln Navigator insurance in Chicago? High-priced Lincoln Navigator insurance in Chicago can dry up your accounts and put a big crunch on your finances. Performing a price comparison can lower your rates and help to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
Regrettably, the vast majority of auto insurance customers have bought auto insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Most drivers in Chicago could save themselves $586 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to save money by comparing rate quotes. Many insurers vie for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers and get the best coverage at the cheapest price on Lincoln Navigator insurance in Chicago.
If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, use these cost-cutting techniques to reduce the price you pay and still have adequate protection. Finding the cheapest coverage in Chicago is really quite easy. Drivers just need to know the least time-consuming way to get comparison quotes on the web.
Lowering your Lincoln Navigator auto insurance rates is a fairly straight forward process. You just have to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing price quotes from online providers.
Comparing quotes online is fast and free, and it makes it obsolete to physically go to different Chicago agent offices. Shopping for auto insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless you want the professional guidance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Although you can price shop your coverage online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Illinois. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Navigator L 2WD||$168||$284||$266||$16||$80||$814||$68|
|Navigator L 4WD||$306||$632||$316||$18||$94||$1,366||$114|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Illinois minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in zip code location which can impact insurance rates considerably.
Can higher deductibles save money?
The illustration below demonstrates how deductibles and can impact Lincoln Navigator yearly insurance costs for different age categories. The premiums are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Cost of full coverage in Chicago
The example below examines Lincoln Navigator insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Illinois minimum liability coverage. The price estimates are based on no claims or driving citations, $250 deductibles, married female driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop full coverage
There is no definitive guideline for excluding physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Lincoln Navigator replacement cost is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $3,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying over $300 a year for full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Illinois these limits are 20/40/15 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Navigator, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Lincoln for a lot more money and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards your car and your assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in Illinois is overpaying more than $850 per year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance rates
Auto insurance companies don’t always list their entire list of discounts very well, so we researched a few of the more common as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car instead of a used Navigator can save you some money because newer models keep occupants safer.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but certain companies may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free before the accident.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low annual miles could be rewarded with slightly better rates than normal.
- Driver’s Ed – Teen drivers should take driver’s ed class in school.
- Good Grades Discount – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer some of the discounts shown above possibly include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered everywhere. For a list of auto insurance companies who offer free Lincoln Navigator insurance quotes in Illinois, click here.
Compare rates but work with a local Chicago insurance agent
Certain consumers prefer to buy from a local agent and that is OK! Experienced insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Chicago who want to provide quotes for your business. You never need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right company should depend on more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Chicago should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- If they are an independent agency in Chicago, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Chicago for you
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a reliable insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they operate. Agencies in Chicago can either be exclusive agents or independent agents. Either type can provide auto insurance policies, but it is important to understand why they differ because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Chicago who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you get quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Chicago willing to provide price quote information.
Different people need different car insurance coverages
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. You are unique and your policy should reflect that.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Who is covered when they drive my Lincoln Navigator?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Don’t give up on affordable rates
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to save on Lincoln Navigator insurance in Chicago. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding affordable Lincoln Navigator insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Cost effective Lincoln Navigator insurance can be bought from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not provide internet price quotes and these regional carriers sell through local independent agencies.
When getting Chicago car insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
To read more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer in Chicago? (FAQ)
- How Much is Chicago Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in Chicago? (FAQ)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)